1.2

Lux Indeficiens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

---

 

Choi Sooyoung found herself gasping in awe as her eyes widened to the view in front of her. Completely mesmerized at the least expected image she had in her mind on Aeradias Academy, Sooyoung was mind blown at the building she was seeing at the very moment.

 

“Wow,” She heard herself saying, her eyes transfixed on the huge metal gate which was the entrance of the school. Had her grandmother not bring her here, Sooyoung would have thought this place was a place for royalties. Even with the gold words of “Aeradias Academy” embedded above the gate, the sixteen year old find it hard to believe that this was a school.

 

Surrounded by well maintained trees, plants, shrubs and bushes, the brunette’s reaction was not alone. The other new female students gasped loudly just seeing the surrounding nature, some yelped in excitement as they hurried into the gates, completely and utterly awed by the building structure and its decoration. The garden itself was so huge that not one of the freshmen actually believed that this was a high school. They stopped to stare a few times, asking their guardians out loud over and over again if this was the right place they were in. The compound was luxuriously completed with a big fountain in the middle, water spurting out in a coordinated direction that if one stopped to really study it, they would notice the designed pattern the fountain was portraying.

 

Sooyoung was somewhat nervous to step into the entrance door of the Academy. If the exterior of the school was this grand, what would she expect to find in the interior?

“I’ll be leaving you here, Sooyoung-ah.” The sudden announcement from her grandmother snapped the younger lady into reality. “Guardians are not allowed beyond this point.”

“What? grandma, don’t go yet—“A sudden panic aroused in her body as Sooyoung holds onto her grandmother tightly.

“You’ll be fine, dear. Don’t worry too much.” Her grandmother assured her kindly. “You’ll enjoy it here, just like how your mother and I used to.”

“B-but—“

Soomin gently pried Sooyoung’s hands on her arm. “You can always send me letters, I’ll respond to them immediately. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine. Mrs. Kang promised she’ll keep an extra eye on me, remember?”

“Grandma,” Sooyoung softly said, knowing that her grandmother had worked her ability on her as she felt less afraid as each second past by. “Take care of yourself, okay?”

 

“I will, Sooyoung-ah.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

 

Sooyoung hugged her grandmother tightly, reluctant to let go. When she finally did, her grandmother gave her another smile before turning away to leave. The brunette watched her grandmother descend the steps of the entrance, walking slowly along the path designed and passing through the fountain before turning into a corner and disappearing from sight.

 

“First years to the Grand Hall please, just walk straight ahead and turn left.” A petite but beautiful young lady said by the entrance, greeting each of the new students warmly as she repeated her sentence over and over again. Sooyoung smiled back at the young lady, reading her nametag as she stepped into the interior of Aeradias Academy. Miss Kwon.

 

“She must be a teacher here,” Sooyoung mentally said to herself. “But she looks so young…”

 

Soon however, her mind was distracted from the young teacher at the entrance as she found herself gasping once more as the clearer view of the interior hit her. If she had thought the exterior was grand enough, then there were simply no words to describe the breathtaking interior.

 

Sooyoung managed to find the Grand Hall finally, and as she walks into the Hall, she was once again overwhelmed by how beautiful everything looked. Was this really a school or was this a Royal Palace in disguise?

 

“Gosh, I seriously need to get used to being in such a luxurious atmosphere.” She mumbled to herself as her eyes search for an empty seat. Surprised to find that there were a lot of people just like her,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter