Chapter 9

Not All Wishes Come True...

Day Seven:

Kai had spent the night at the hospital after what had happened yesterday at the Han River. s came and woke him up to see if he was fine. 
 
"Kai, eat something. You haven't eaten ever since yesterday morning," D.O said opening a container of food. Kai rubbed his eyes and looked around. 
 
"How is she?" Kai asked as they exchanged looks, making him worry. 
 
"We don't know yet. They haven't told us anything," Suho said, hanging his head low. Kai bit his bottom lip and let out a sigh through his nose. "Hurry and eat up. You need the energy."
 
Kai shook his head, but the leader forced him to eat along with D.O. 
 
"I want to know something. What is your relationship with Minjoo?" Baekhyun asked, sitting down next to Kai. Kai thought of all the memories he created with her and told then everything from day one to day seven. 
 
After the conversation they had the doctor came out from Minjoo's room. They all got up and waited for the results. 
 
"Who here is Jongin?" the doctor asked looking at all 6 boys. Kai raised his hand as s looked at him.  "The patient wants to see you."
 
Kai hesitated and looked at s. "Can they come in too?"
 
"I'm sure she'd like to see you all," he said with a warm smile and led them into the room. They entered and saw Minjoo, motionless and pale; a whole lot paler than yesterday, almost transparent. The boys felt their hearts break and the tears fighting to come out. Kai was the one who felt the most hurt. He was the only one who had let the tears drop freely. He was the only one to let his heart fully break to the point where he fell on his knees to cry. 
 
"Kai..." Minjoo breathed out, it was almost inaudible. Kai lifted his head up and looked at her. Suho placed his hand on Kai's shoulder, gently squeezing it. "Kai..."
 
He got up from his knees and slowly approached Minjoo to see her eyes slightly opened. "Joo..."
 
Kai grabbed her cold hands and held it up against his warm cheeks. He cried harder and buried his face next to hers. 
 
"I'm sorry...I have to leave...again," she quietly said, taking breaths when she needed to. 
 
"Don't leave me again...please," he cried, holding onto her hand tighter. She used all the energy she had to raise her hand and place it on his head, soothing him. 
 
"Mianhae..." she said with a soft squeak in her voice from crying. 
 
"The seventh day...you said I could make a wish on the seventh day," Kai said, raising his head up. "I...I wish you could stay with me forever. I want to be with you and grow old with you. I don't want you to leave me ever."
 
Minjoo weakly smiled and continued to quietly cry. "I wish I could stay with you forever too..."
 
Kai sniffled and wiped his tears, hearing the heart monitor beep slower. "I love you Kkamjong."
 
"Minjoo," Kai cried, cupping her face. "I love you too Joo."
 
He leaned down and kissed her cold lips. He let go of the kiss and looked at her one last time before she closed her eyes...for good. The heart monitor stopped beeping and doctors ran in. 
 
"M-Minjoo...wake up...I made a wish...you're supposed to wake up!" Kai shouted, bawling his eyes out. Suho and Chanyeol held him back while the doctors did their thing. "Minjoo! Wake up!"
 
"Kai!" s shouted as he struggled to break free. 
 
"I made that wish for you to stay with me forever, not to leave!" Kai yelled now falling onto his knees. "Why? Why isn't it working?"
 
s cried with him and couldn't bare to see him cry. Suho and Chanyeol let him go as he stayed in place, crying. 
 
"Not all wishes come true Kai," Suho softly whispered. 
 
"No, they do!" Kai yelled, hitting the floor with his fist. 
 
"Kai stop. You're hurting yourself," D.O softly said approaching him. He kneeled down next to Kai and held his hand from hitting the tiled floor. "It's over. None of us can bring her back."
 
Kai shook his head; he didn't want to believe that. D.O hugged Kai with him returning the hug. "She's in a better place now. She's being taken care of now."
 
Kai cried on D.O's shoulder as the doctor's wheeled Minjoo out the room. "Minjoo...I love you."
 
EXO-k had returned back to the dorm and Kai went into the room Minjoo had used. He found the bracelet he had made for her and grabbed it, sliding it onto his wrist. Once he had the bracelet on, he felt warmth in him, like she was still there with him; holding him. This is the closest I can be with you now...