Chapter 6

Not All Wishes Come True...

Day Five:

Kai and Minjoo were left alone at the dorm while the others attended individual schedules. Kai was making some tea while Minjoo was still deep asleep. Kai looked in the hallway of the bedrooms and bit his bottom lip. When will she wake up?
 
He poured himself a cup of tea and went to go check up on Minjoo. He entered the room and saw her peacefully lay in bed, but she was awake. Her eyes staring up at the ceiling, motionless. 
 
"Minjoo?" Kai asked as she turned to him and softly smiled. 
 
"Kkamjong..." she softly said. He scoffed at the name, but it wasn't an annoyed one or one of disbelief. It was more of a laugh through his nose than a scoff. 
 
"Didn't I tell you to not call me that?" he said and sat on the edge of the bed, setting his tea to the side. "Were you just laying here?"
 
She nodded and deeply exhaled. Kai furrowed his eyebrows and touched her forehead. "Are you okay?"
 
"Just a little headache, that's all," she said with a faint, warm smile. 
 
"Are you sure?" he asked as she nodded. He looked at the cup of tea and sighed, grabbing it. "Drink this, it'll help a bit."
 
She looked at him as he softly smiled. "Drink it while its still warm."
 
She nodded and tried to sit up, but failed to do so. Kai supported her up and slowly let her sip the tea. A smile appeared on her face and she felt the feeling of warmth flow in her. 
 
"It tastes the exact same as back then," she said, making him confused. Kai set the tea aside and laid her back in bed. "I'm wondering, what happened to the high and mighty Kai? The one who didn't even want to look at me."
 
Kai his dry lip and bit it. "He's gone back to the orphaned Kai."
 
"Bwoh?" Minjoo asked with wide eyes. 
 
"I'm wondering, are you really Cha Minjoo?" he asked, looking down at her. 
 
"Last time I check, I still am," she answered, making Kai sigh. 
 
"Are you my Cha Minjoo?" he then asked, making her heart race. 
 
"I don't know," she replied. He let out another sigh and reached in his pant pocket for a coupon. 
 
"I'll use this coupon for you to tell me the truth. I want to know everything," he said as she reached for his hand; they brought warmth to her. 
 
"I'm Cha Minjoo," she started. "At the age of 7 I was brought to an orphanage because my parents had died. On my first day there, I met a boy and he comforted me, but it didn't last long because I was adopted within 7 days."
 
Kai couldn't believe his ears and held onto her hand tighter. 
 
"Ever since then I've been trying to find him and made wishes to every star I saw, so that I could see him again," she continued. "But then I found him. He had debuted as an idol and by then I had found out I had cancer. There was this program to grant wishes and I made one hoping I'd meet you again and I did, but had forgotten me. I tried so hard to get you to remember me and I guess it was worth it."
 
"Minjoo..." Kai softly said. 
 
"I've missed you so much Kkamjong," she said with a soft smile and he embraced her. He felt a tear roll down his cheek and weakly smiled. 
 
"How could I be so blind?" he asked, hugging her tighter. "How could I say you weren't important enough to remember? You were more than important to me. I'm sorry Minjoo."
 
"I forgive you oppa," she said and hugged him back. He let the tears freely fall and hugged her tighter. 
 
The members had returned and saw no one in sight. 
 
"Where are the two?" Sehun asked. He looked from room to room when he stood in front of Baekhyun's. He slowly opened it and saw Kai and Minjoo hugging each other. Sehun quietly gasped and closed the door. 
 
"What are they doing?" he whispered and ran back to the others. 
 
"Did you find them?" Suho asked as Sehun cleare his throat. 
 
"Uhm..." Sehun didn't know how to answer to that question, so he just played with his fingers. 
 
"Did something happen?" D.O asked with an eyebrow raised. It wasn't long when Baekhyun came, running from the hallway. 
 
"Kai and Minjoo are hugging each other," he firmly whispered. "I knew we shouldn't have left the two of them alone!"
 
The boys, except for Suho, gasped and were going to break it up, but Suho held them back. "Don't interrupt them."
 
"But hyung-"
 
"Leave them Kyungsoo," Suho said in his leader tone and sat down on the couch. 
 
"Aren't you afraid something might happen?" Chanyeol asked. 
 
"I trust the two-"
 
"Not Kai! I would never trust him alone," Baekhyun complained, earning a glare from Suho. 
 
"How often do you see Kai hugging someone?" Suho asked them. They didn't have to think hard at all. 
 
"Never in my training life with him have I ever seen him hug anyone," D.O answered with the others nodding. 
 
"Then that's a good sign. I know he won't do anything to her," Suho said and the TV. "Just leave them alone and when they're ready to tell us what's going on then they will."
 
They sighed and looked at the hallway, then sat down with Suho. 
 
Kai released the hug and sniffed. Minjoo grabbed his hand and smiled. 
 
"It's good to have my oppa back," she softly said. 
 
"And it's good to have my Minjoo back," Kai said and brushed her hair back. The rest of the day Kai had been more active with s, which made them suspicious of him. Kai wasn't stubborn anymore, he was more obedient and gentle because of her. 
 
"You're different today," Sehun said as Kai smiled. 
 
"You usually don't smile like that," Baekhyun added on. 
 
"You don't smile at all," Chanyeol said. They were all gathered around the dining table, waiting for D.O's food. Kai and Minjoo were sitting next to each other and Kai couldn't help but just smile. 
 
"This is really awkward, really...it is," Sehun said tilting his head. 
 
"Today has just been a great day," Kai answered and secretly held Minjoo's hand. 
 
"You never have great days," Baekhyun said now eyeing him. 
 
"Just leave him alone," Suho said annoyed while reading a book. They stopped talking, but they didn't stop staring at Kai. 
 
Dinner was done and they all headed into their own rooms. Kai, on the other hand, went to Minjoo's room. 
 
"Oppa, what are you doing in here?" Minjoo asked, sitting up from the bed. 
 
"Now that I know it's you, I can't help but want to see you," he replied with a smile while sitting next to her. She felt herself blush and hung her head low to hide it. Kai cupped her cheeks and leaned close to her  "You're burning up."
 
"A-am I?" she asked while biting her bottom lip. He smiled and kissed her forehead, making her blush even more. 
 
"I just wanted to say goodnight," he said releasing her cheeks and got off the bed. "Sweet dreams Minjoo."
 
"You too," she said and watched him leave the room. She smiled and rubbed her red, hot cheeks. I wish this could last longer.