Chapter 4

Not All Wishes Come True...

Day Three:

Kai had a messy room and didn't really want to clean at all when he remembered a coupon saying to do all his chores. He smirked and went to Minjoo's room, showing her the coupon. 
 
"My room's messy, clean it for me," he said as she blinked at him. "Hurry! I can't stand living in a pig sty."
 
"Tch, says the pig," she teased and took the coupon from his hand, throwing it in the trash. She went into his room and saw all his clothes on the floor, garbage on the ground and his bed sheets all over the place. Kai stood behind her and smirked. 
 
"Good luck," he whispered in her ear and walked away, joining the others in the living room. 
 
"Where's Minjoo?" D.O asked. 
 
"She's in my room cleaning," Kai simply said, making himself comfortable on the couch. 
 
"BWOH?!" the boys shouted. 
 
"How can you let her clean your room?! It's like a jungle in there!" Baekhyun yelled. 
 
"She's sick too! What if something happens to her?" Sehun yelled. 
 
"Kai, go and help her," Suho calmly said, but he refused to. "It's your room. You should learn to take some responsibility."
 
"Don't want to," Kai replied. 
 
"Aish, this kid," Chanyeol said and hit Kai's head. "Go help!"
 
"If you guys are so worried then you do it yourself!" he shouted at them, making them stop complaining. "Who told her to make those childish coupons anyways?"
 
"Kai, I'm going to say this nicely. Go and help her out. Her health isn't good and if she continues to work herself out then it won't look good on us. She's a guest too, she shouldn't be doing these sorts of things," Suho said with his soft voice. 
 
"We're idols, we shouldn't be doing these things," Kai answered back coldly. 
 
"You're really selfish..." D.O softly said. Kai didn't like being called selfish, although he knew he was, so he gave up on enduring their complaints. 
 
"Always making me the bad guy," Kai muttered under his breath. 
 
"You are the bad guy!" Baekhyun shouted as Kai entered his room to see Minjoo sneezing. She rubbed her nose and sorted out his clothes. She knew Kai was in the room, but she didn't seem to care and continued to organize his clothes. Kai just stood there, watching her. She threw them all in the hamper and hung up his clean clothes. Kai couldn't really help, but feel bad for her after observing her for a couple of minutes. He kneeled next to her, helping her pick up the trash. 
 
"Kai, I can clean this all up myself," Minjoo said with a sweet smile. 
 
"It's my room. I can do what I want," he said and threw angrily threw his trash on the bag. She quietly giggled and continued to clean. She was dusting off his picture frames of himself when she came across one. She picked it up and brushed off the dust to see him when he was 8 years old. His appearance hasn't changed a bit.
 
Kai noticed her looking at it. "What are you doing touching my stuff?"
 
"You haven changed a bit Kkamjong," she said as he scoffed. 
 
"Bwoh? Didn't I tell you not to call me that?" he said, continuing to throw away empty bags of junk food. 
 
"Such an innocent face," she softly said as Kai looked at her. "But now, you're so charismatic."
 
He lightly chuckled and got up from the carpet floor. He looked over her shoulder at his photo as she rubbed it with her thumbs. He then looked at her to see that she was in deep thought while looking at the photo. He squinted his eyes at her and she looked really familiar to him. 
 
"I was just wondering, have we met before?" he suddenly asked, snapping Minjoo out of it. Her heart began racing, but she played cool. 
 
"Maybe, but if we did wouldn't you have known me by now?" she asked as he blinked at her. 
 
"Maybe you weren't important enough to be remembered," Kai said and continued to clean his room. With those words, Minjoo was on the verge of breaking down. She cleared to have a cry come out and set the photo on the ledge of his night stand. She left the room, hoping he didn't see her cry. 
 
"Where are you going?!" he called out after her. Was she crying?
 
She ran past Suho and slammed the bathroom door shut. She had a few tears drop here and there. Was I really not that important to him?
 
Suho looked at the bathroom door then to Kai's room. He furrowed his eyebrows and was going to enter Kai's room when Kai was just about to go out, both bumping right into each other. 
 
"Oh, hyung."
 
"What did you do to her?" Suho firmly asked as Kai furrowed his eyebrows. "Why was she crying?"
 
"You saw?" Kai asked with wide eyes. 
 
"Of course I did!" Suho yelled. Kai let out a sigh and walked past him to the bathroom. He began knocking on it. 
 
"What was her name again?" Kai whispered to Suho, who scoffed in disbelief. 
 
"Unbelievable," Suho said and moved Kai aside, knocking in the door. "Minjoo, what's wrong? Come out and talk to me."
 
Kai looked at the door, patiently waiting for an answer along with Suho. Suho knocked again and called her name. 
 
"Minjoo, open the door now," Suho demanded and just like that the door opened. She put a smile on her face and walked up to Suho. 
 
"I was just using the bathroom," she said as he furrowed his eyebrows, knowing something was up. 
 
"Why are your eyes red?" he asked. She looked at him then glanced to Kai. Suho had caught her and looked at Kai. 
 
"What exactly did you do to her?" Suho asked as Kai was lost in words. "Hurry and tell me what you did!"
 
"He didn't do anything. Because of all the dust from cleaning, my allergies reacted and my eyes got got red and puffy," Minjoo said defending Kai. 
 
"Really?" Suho asked doubtfully. 
 
"Yep, ask Kai yourself," she said pouting at him. Suho turned to Kai as he frantically nodded. Suho looked at him suspiciously, but gave up. 
 
"Do something to her and you'll get it," Suho warned and walked away. 
 
"Always making me the bad guy," Kai muttered and looked at Minjoo. She bit her bottom lip and walked away when Kai grabbed her wrist. "I know something's up. Tell me why you were crying."
 
"You have a coupon for that," she simply said. 
 
"Then I'll use it," Kai said gripping into her wrist tighter. 
 
"You can't. Only one per day," she said and tried to break free. 
 
"Why should it matter?!" he yelled. 
 
"Because..." she softly said. 
 
"Because of what?"
 
"Because-"
 
"Minjoo~ come play with me on Anipang!" Baekhyun shouted from the living room. 
 
"I'm going," she said breaking free when he grabbed her hand. 
 
"There's something about you Minjoo. I can assure you that I will find out who you really are," Kai firmly said, letting her hand go. She watched Kai leave to his room and let out a sigh, then joined Baekhyun on his fun.
 
Kai looked at his room and it was a whole lot cleaner now, then laid his eyes on the photo Minjoo had held. He grabbed it and sighed. Minjoo...Minjoo...Minjoo?