Chapter 3

Not All Wishes Come True...

Day Two:

Kai just finished his morning shower and left the bathroom when he bumped into Minjoo. He widened his eyes and covered his bare chest with his towel. 
 
"Good morning Kai," Minjoo said with a sweet smile. 
 
"G-good morning to you too..." he said, cautiously walking around her. She giggled and entered the bathroom as Kai ran to his room, slamming the door shut. "She's a strange one."
 
----------
 
"What do you say we go and  play out at the park?" Sehun asked. 
 
"Will it affect your health?" Suho asked Minjoo as she shook her head. 
 
"It's fine with me," she replied and so they got ready. Their manager knocked on Kai's door to see if he wanted to join them, but of course he rejected the idea. 
 
"Fine then, but at least think about your image in front of her," his manager said and left with the other. Kai sighed out of annoyance and got dressed, catching up to them. 
 
"Why are you coming with us?" Baekhyun asked Kai, who blasted his music up. He was still able to hear their conversation though. Kai only joined them for his image in front of others, not because of Minjoo.
 
They got to the park and immediately started playing on the playground with little children there. Kai sat on a bench with his manager and asked, "Why did we come to this park? We passed one not too long ago that was closer to the house."
 
"Minjoo suggested this park. She said she wanted to relive her memories before she was to leave," he answered as Kai gave him a curious look. "I don't know either, but she must have really cherished this park."
 
Kai looked at Minjoo as she laughed with the others, making his heart pound against his rib-cage. That laugh and this park...there's something about them, but what?
 
He was in deep thought when someone poked his side. He jumped startled and looked to see Minjoo smiling at him. 
 
"Oppa, play with me," she said as he blinked at her. 
 
"O-oppa?!" he asked as she innocently nodded. "Don't call me that."
 
"Then should I call you Kkamjong?" she asked. His heart fastened and his eyes rounded, looking at her. 
 
"What did you say?" he asked as she giggled. 
 
"Kkamjong," she said and ran, making him chase after her. He didn't chase her out of anger, but for some unknown reason. His legs just started to move on its own. 
 
"Yah, come back here!" he called out to her as she stuck her tongue out and they both began running around everywhere when she losing her energy. Kai was running too fast that he couldn't stop on time and back hugged her, making them both fall. He was still holding onto her waist as she laid on top of him, feeling his warm breathing on her silky hair. She got off of him and felt herself blush. 
 
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to run into you," he said feeling apologetic. She slightly smiled and shook her head. 
 
"It's okay," she replied and helped him up. "Should we go back to the others?"
 
Kai nodded and so they both went back to the others. They spent another hour or so at the park then headed to a restaurant for lunch. 
 
"Sit next to me Minjoo~" Baekhyun said, patting the seat next to him. She hesitated at first because she wanted to sit next to Kai. 
 
"Let her sit with her bias," D.O said as if he had read her mind. She smiled and sat down next to Kai, D.O sitting next to Baekhyun. The waiter came and ordered their drinks first. Everyone had said theirs, all was left was Minjoo and Kai. 
 
"Lemonade please," they both said at the same time. The boys blinked at the two and looked at one then the other. Kai looked at Minjoo as she smiled to herself. 
 
Lunch had come and they all peaceful ate, well not really with Baekhyun and Chanyeol bickering, but between Kai as Minjoo it was peaceful. Minjoo had a hard time cutting the steak with Kai noticing. He grabbed her plate and handed her his, which were already cut up to small pieces. 
 
"Eat it, it'll probably be easier to eat," he said, not taking even a glance at her and silently ate her food. She smiled and slowly ate while watching him. After lunch they went straight back home to relax. Kai, as usual, went straight to his room, locking himself up. 
 
"Can I ask you something Suho?" Minjoo asked him as he was sipping some tea. He nodded for her to continue. "Was Kai always so quiet and stubborn when he became an idol?"
 
"Kai? Hmmmm, not really. He didn't start showing this side after hearing what had happened to his friend," Suho said.
 
"What happened?" she asked. Suho scratched his head to think. 
 
"From what I heard, she was diagnosed with cancer and was dying. No one really knew if she had really gone or if she's still fighting it," he explained as she nodded. "They were both close friends and they only knew each other for 7days. From what I heard, she was Kai's first love."
 
"Chincha?" she asked as he nodded. 
 
"Being Kai's fan, you should know that he was an orphan and grew up in an orphanage. One day a girl came into the orphanage and Kai fell for her, then after 7 days she was adopted, leaving him behind," Suho said, laying his cheek on his fist. "Kai never talked about her though. Sometimes we think he forgot about her because he's always so quiet when we bring her up."
 
"Is that so..." Minjoo softly said as Suho nodded. "Do you happen to know her name?"
 
"Nope. Not even the first letter or the surname," he said and stretched his arms up. "Boy is this tea making me sleepy. I'm going to take a nap."
 
She nodded and watched him leave as she was sitting alone in the kitchen. Kai left his room for a glass of water when he saw Minjoo sitting at the dining table, so he stopped himself and turned around, heading back to his room when Minjoo called his name. 
 
"Kai, is that you?" she asked, but he gave no response. "I know you're there. I just wanted to warn you that your deadline for today's coupon is ending."
 
Kai silently scoffed and went back to his room, closing his door shut. He leaned up against the door and let out a sigh. "This girl...after 2 days with her she's threatening me already, not even 2 days, but from day one."
 
Kai searched his pocket for the coupons and came across one, then smiled. He left his room and found Minjoo still at her spot. He handed her the coupon as she blinked at it, then took it from him. 
 
"Make a special tea?" she asked. Kai didn't say a word and walked away, making her smile and shake her head. She got up and began making her special tea for Kai. 
 
Kai sat in his room patiently waiting for his tea when Minjoo walked in with it. 
 
"Took you long enough," he said, grabbing it from her. Taking a sip from the warm tea, a warm feeling flowed within him. He inhaled the scent and smiled. Why do I always smile when she does something like this for me? She really is one strange girl.
 
Minjoo sat in Baekhyun's room when there was a knock at her door. She turned and saw Baekhyun walking in. 
 
"Minjoo, I made some tea for you," he said with his playful, bright smile. She smiled and took it from him as he sat down on the bed with her. She looked at him if he was going to leave. "I'm not leaving until you drink it all."
 
She giggled and drunk it. "It's delicious oppa~"
 
"Chincha?! Ahh~ thank you~" he said and hugged her. "It was my first time making it too!"
 
"It was really good for your first time," she said with a smile an watched Baekhyun skip out of joy for being able to make tea. His tea isn't the same as Kai's...
 
She sighed and laid in bed, shortly falling asleep.