Chapter 5

Not All Wishes Come True...

 

Day Four:
 
EXO-k had gone out with Minjoo while Kai stayed behind. He threw a baseball in the air while laying in his bed, bored. He bit his bottom lip when something came up. If I go into the room Minjoo is using then I could probably get some more info on her.
 
He smirked at the plan and went into Baekhyun's room. He found the fancy pink suitcase on the floor and tiptoed to it, looking around to see if anyone was around. He ped the suitcase and only saw clothes and accessories. He began digging through it when he came across a bracelet. This bracelet...
 
He looked at it then he looked to the one he was wearing. These two are the exact same ones...Cha Minjoo, you're not a stalker are you?
 
Kai set the bracelet back in the suitcase and saw something else. It was a recent photo of her and her parents, happy and smiling together. I have to admit, she is pretty. But why does she not resemble her parents?
 
EXO-k and Minjoo had come back from their hangout, but Kai didn't know. Minjoo went to the bedroom to see Kai sitting on the floor, holding her family photo. 
 
"What are you doing?" Minjoo asked, startling Kai. 
 
"Uh...I was just, uhm...have you seen my boxers?" Kai asked, mentally face palming himself. Minjoo blinked at him and shook her head. "Oh, well...okay, I'll see you around the house then."
 
He scurried out the door and ran to his room. She blinked, confused, then looked to see her suitcase messed up. "What exactly was he doing?"
 
Kai shut the door and looked at it. "Whew, that was a close one."
 
He sighed and felt something thin in his hand. He looked at it and saw that he was still holding her photo. I set it on his night stand and planned to secretly put it back in her suitcase. 
 
---Hours Later---
 
"Lets go karaoke~" Baekhyun suggest while everyone was lazily sitting on the couch. "It's be fun!"
 
"I'm tired though~" Chanyeol whined. Baekhyun rolled his eyes. 
 
"You can't sing anyways so there's no point of bringing you," he said and turned to Minjoo. "Do you want to go?"
 
"Hmmm, well it's now or never, so why not," she said as Baekhyun shouted in joy. "Lets all go, neh?"
 
"Fine with me," Suho said with a warm smile. 
 
"I'm up for it," D. O answered. "Should be bring Kai along too?"
 
"Who cares about him, let him be," Baekhyun said and dragged Minjoo out the door. Suho, being the considerate leader, went to ask Kai if he wanted to join. 
 
"Ever since Minjoo came, you've been locking yourself in there. It's not healthy," Suho said as Kai didn't seem to care. "Just come for some fresh air then you can come back home."
 
"That's a waste of time," Kai replied. 
 
"And what exactly do you need these precious minutes for? Nothing," Suho said in his leader tone. "I'll be waiting downstairs for you and if you don't come in 5 minutes then I'll have to punch your ears and drag you with us. Understand?"
 
"Yeeeaaahhh," Kai said dragging the word. Suho met up with the others down at the lobby and waited for Kai. 
 
"It's been 6 minutes now, what's taking him so long?" Sehun asked while looking at his watch. 
 
"This kid..." Suho muttered under his breath and was heading for the elevator when it opened and appeared an annoyed Kai. "It's about time, now lets go."
 
Like a teenage girl, Kai rolled his eyes and headed for the van. They all got in and headed to the karaoke center. Kai and Minjoo were sitting next to each other. She looked down at his wrist and smiled. 
 
"You're still wearing it," she said as he blinked at her. She pointed to it and he just looked at it. 
 
"What are you talking about?" Kai asked. 
 
"That bracelet...never mind," she said and looked out the window. 
 
"Don't just say never mind, you need to fully explain it," Kai said as she sighed. 
 
"Maybe if you remembered, you'd know," she replied and scooted a bit away from him. They arrived at the karaoke center and went into their room, Baekhyun immediately singing. They swayed to the music, waving their hands up and cheering. 
 
"Minjoo, sing for us~" Baekhyun shouted through the mic. 
 
"Oh, no I can't sing at all," she said, waving her hands in front of her. 
 
"Oh come on," Baekhyun begged with aegyo. 
 
"But I really can't-"
 
"Do it," Kai said out if nowhere. 
 
"Excuse me?" Minjoo asked as he turned to her. He reached in his pocket and flashed a coupon. 
 
"I'm using this coupon," Kai said. "Now do it."
 
Minjoo bit her bottom lip and slowly stood up when Suho grabbed her wrist. 
 
"You don't have to do it," he softly said, but she grabbed the mic and punched in the number of the song she was going to sing. Sehun and Chanyeol looked at Kai and made faces. 
 
"Always demanding," they both mumbled and waited as the intro to the song began playing. It was Suzy's I Still Love You.
 
"Woo~ go Minjoo!!" Chanyeol shouted before she even sang. When it was her que she began singing and everyone were surprised and shocked. 
 
"She had a beautiful voice," D.O said with a smile. 
 
"She makes me want to cry from all the emotions she puts in this song," Baekhyun said with a sad pout. Kai furrowed his eyebrows and felt his heart sting a bit. What's wrong with me?
 
He placed his hand over his chest and looked at Minjoo, meeting her eyes that showed sadness. He couldn't be in there any longer, so he left. Minjoo watched him leave and began singing off beat. 
 
"Minjoo, are you okay?" D.O asked, concerned with the others. 
 
"Ah, I'm fine don't worry about it," she said and began singing on beat again. 
 
"Minjoo, who exactly are you...to me?" Kai asked as he was outside of the karaoke center. "You can't possibly be her..."
 
After a long night at the karaoke center, they arrived at the dorm and immediately went to bed; except for Kai. He waited until he thought everyone was asleep and snuck into Baekhyun's room, where Minjoo was sleeping. With her back faced towards him, he tiptoed to her suitcase and set her photo back in it. He was about to leave, but his legs stopped moving and he turned back to look at Minjoo. He slowly approached her until he saw her face, making his heart beat fast again. He brushed her bangs out of the way and leaned down to kiss her cheek, taking him by surprise knowing he wouldn't kiss anyone like that. 
 
"I'll have you tell me who you really are because this is making me go crazy. My heart is going crazy because of you," Kai whispered and brushed her hair back. "Goodnight Cha Minjoo."