Chapter 7

Not All Wishes Come True...

Day Six:

Minjoo was still asleep when Kai walked in. He sat on the edge of the bed and smiled at her sleeping figure. She stirred in her sleep and her eyelids slowly lifted up to see Kai smiling down at her. 
 
"Morning Joo," he said in a soothing voice, a voice that could melt any girls heart. 
 
"Morning," she said and slowly sat up, feeling her head hurt a bit. She rubbed her temples and hissed in pain. 
 
"Are you okay?" Kai asked, scooting closer to her. She slowly inhaled and nodded. "Are you sure? If you're not feeling well then we could go to the hospital."
 
"No, I'm fine oppa," she said and weakly smiled.  
 
"Okay then," Kai said unsure and held her hand. "Do you want to go out with me? I was thinking maybe we could go take a walk at the Han River or something."
 
"Aren't you afraid your fans might see us?" she asked as he shook his head. 
 
"I want my fans to see us together," he said and pulled her up from the bed. "But lets go get some breakfast first."
 
"What about the others?"
 
----------
 
"I wanna go too~!!!" the boys whined. 
 
"No," Kai said glaring at them. 
 
"Yah! You can't control us, we're older than you!" Baekhyun yelled, but Sehun made a face knowing he's younger than Kai. 
 
"I already am," Kai said with a grin and grabbed Minjoo's hand, leading her out the door, making everyone gasp. 
 
"Did you see that?!" Chanyeol shouted. 
 
"Kai and Minjoo?" D.O asked with wide eye. 
 
"Holding hands?!?!?" Sehun shouted, covering his mouth with his hands. 
 
"Oh my goodness, grow up," Suho said, shaking his head and watched some TV. The boys sneaked to put on their shoes, but of course Suho had caught them. "Don't you even dare follow them."
 
"But hyung-"
 
"Nope," Suho said and glued his eyes on the TV screen, but he too couldn't leave them alone. "You know what, I need some fresh air. Wanna join?"
 
"You're unbelievable," the boys said shaking their heads at the leader, who innocently shrugged. 
 
Kai and Minjoo had stopped at a Waffle House to grab breakfast with EXO-k following behind. Unlike Kai, they were wearing disguises. 
 
"Do you want the usual? Pancakes with strawberry topping?" Kai asked Minjoo, who happily nodded. They both ordered and waited for their food. 
 
"Tomorrow's your last day, isn't it?" Kai asked while twirling his straw in his smoothie. 
 
"Yeah..." Minjoo softly answered. 
 
"Can't you stay forever?" he asked as she bit her bottom lip. "I want you by my side Minjoo."
 
"The plan was for me to only stay for 7 days Kai," she said. 
 
"We can always change that," Kai said now disappointed and upset. 
 
"I'm sorry," she said and lightly swung her legs. Kai sighed and silence took over. 
 
"I wonder what they're talking about," Sehun said, looking over the menu book. 
 
"Why do they both look so down?" Baekhyun asked to no one in particular. 
 
"Are they breaking up?"
 
"No you idiot. They were never dating in the first place," D.O said elbowing Chanyeol. 
 
"Shhhhh, I can't hear them," Suho said, glaring at the young ones. 
 
Kai and Minjoo's breakfast was served and Kai began cutting the pancakes bite size for her. She watched and softly smiled when he pushed the plate to her. 
 
"Eat up, we have a long day ahead of us," Kai said with a sweet smile. Minjoo nodded and began eating, but she didn't feel like eating all of a sudden; she wanted to vomit it all out but she forced herself to eat. Kai had noticed something was wrong with her, but he knew if he asked she'd say she's fine. 
 
After breakfast they headed to the Han River for a walk. Kai couldn't help, but want to hold hands with her. He would brush his hand against hers and smile like a child. She seemed to have gotten the message and grabbed his hand, making his heart pound against his chest. 
 
"Did you see that?!?" Sehun shouted. Suho covered the maknae's mouth and watched the two from afar. 
 
"Quiet down or we'll get caught," D.O firmly whispered. Sehun nodded and Suho released him. 
 
Kai and Minjoo sat on a bench and looked out to the calm river as he flowed. Minjoo laid her head on his shoulder, snuggling closer to him as he smiled and laid his head on hers. They pretty much stayed that way for hours. 
 
"Minjoo," Kai finally spoke. "I want to hear 3 words from you."
 
She knew those three words, but she refused to. "You have a coupon for that."
 
He had forgotten and reached into his pocket, grabbing a beautifully decorated paper. "Then I'll use it."
 
She giggled and looked at Kai in the eye. "I love you Kkamjong."
 
He couldn't hide the smile on his face and hugged her. "I love you too Joo."
 
She smiled, but the smile faded from the pain she was feeling in her heart and her head. You can't do this now, not when I just told him i love him...please...
 
"I could feel your stomach growling," Kai then said, releasing the hug. "I'll go buy something. You stay here, I'll be back."
 
"Kai," Minjoo said grabbing onto his wrist before he could leave. He looked down at her as she bit her bottom lip. "Hurry back."
 
He smiled and kissed her forehead. "I'll be back in a flash."
 
She nodded and watched Kai run off. Minjoo felt her heart squeezing and she felt cold sweats, but she endured it. Please hurry Kai...
 
Suho and the others weren't far from Minjoo, but they had found their own things to do and had forgotten about Kai and Minjoo's date. 
 
"It's been 4 hours already, what exactly were we doing here?" Baekhyun asked while a lollipop. 
 
"I don't remember myself," Chanyeol said as he laid on the grass. 
 
"Kai and Minjoo!" Suho said shooting up from the grass. "We were stalking them!"
 
"Oh~ that's right," Baekhyun said and got up from the ground as well. They all found Minjoo sitting alone at the bench as she clenched at her chest and hung her head low. 
 
"What's wrong with her?" D.O asked worried. Minjoo then got up from the bench and stumbled to walk properly. Her chest was squeezing and her head was pounding. She silently cried while holding onto her chest, whispering Kai's name. She looked straight ahead to see 5 boys running her way, but her vision had blurred and everything had gone white then black had filled. 
 
Kai had left the corner shop and wasn't far from where he left Minjoo when he saw 5 familiar boys running to a girl who laid on the ground. Without a second thought, he dropped his bag of food and ran to where s were. 
 
"Minjoo!" Kai shouted, holding her head in his arms. He pressed her head against his chest and cried. "Minjoo, wake up! MINJOO!!!"