Chapter 8

Not All Wishes Come True...

11 years ago~Day One:

"Kids, we have a new child joining us today," the nun said with a smile while holding a little girl's hand. She hid behind the nun and looked at all the other children looking at her. She met eyes with a young boy, who was brave enough to walk up her and introduce himself. 

"Hello, my bame is Jongin," he said with a sweet smile while holdin his hand out for a hand shake. 
 
"I-it's nice to m-meet you. I'm Minjoo," she softly stuttered, shaking his hand. 
 
"That's a pretty name," Jongin said with a cute smile and grabbed Minjoo's hand. "Do you want to play with me?"
 
Without answering him back he led her to his room and began playing with robots. Throughout the day they only played with robots, they even missed out on dinner. 
 
"I'm hungry," Jongin said rubbing his stomach. "Lets go eat some raymun. I know Julie noona hides some in the kitchen."
 
Again, without an answer he grabbed her hand and led her to the kitchen. He found the ramyun in the kitchen and grabbed two bags. He held one in front of Minjoo and smiled. "Make one for me. I'll make this one for you."
 
She blinked at it and watched him cook his first. She then followed along and cooked it the way she thought it would be cooked and they both finished after a few minutes. She took a bite out of his noodles and widened her eyes. 
 
"Uwah~ this is delicious!" Minjoo chimed now digging in. He nodded, knowing he makes the best ramyun and took a bite out of hers. 
 
"Mmmmm, this is really good!!" he complimented and smiled. "This is the kind of taste you can't forget."
 
She giggled and they continued to eat their late night snack. 
 
Day Two:
Jongin's room was next to Minjoo's so the next morning he made a special tea for her. He knocked on her door, but it didn't open. He blinked at it and began kicking it when someone tapped his shoulder. He turned around and saw Minjoo standing behind him. 
 
"Kkamjong, what are you doing?" she asked as he raised an eyebrow. 
 
"K-Kkamjong?" he questioned as she smiled and nodded. 
 
"Can I call you that?" she asked, making him laugh. 
 
"Of course you can~" he said with a cheesy smile when he had remembered her made her tea. "Oh, I made tea for you."
 
"Really?" she asked and looked down to the cup she was holding. "But I had already-"
 
"I'll drink it then, you drink the one I specially made for you," he said and took her cup, handing his to her. 
 
After a long day of playing with the other kids, Jongin got tired and saw Minjoo alone in a corner. He smiled and approached her. 
 
"Joo, do you want to go somewhere with me?" he asked. She bit her bottom lip and hesitated. Knowing Jongin by now, he grabbed her hand and snuck out of the orphanage to a park not too far. 
 
"Jongin, we shouldn't be sneaking out like this," she said, afraid to get in trouble. He gave her and assuring smile and they both sat on the swing set. 
 
"Don't worry about it. I come all the time, the noonas are used to it," he said and swung on the swing using his heels. She looked at him and he noticed, so he turned and met eyes with her making her turn away. "Joo, wanna play tag?"
 
"Joo?" she questioned as he nodded. 
 
"Can I not call you that?" he asked innocently. She giggled and hopped off the swing. 
 
"Go ahead, but just to let you know, you're it Kkamjong~" she said and poked him, making him laugh and run after her. 
 
"Yah! Don't call me Kkamjong!"
 
"Don't call me Joo then!!"
 
Day Three:
"Kids~ it's spring cleaning today~" one of the nun said with a single hand clap. "Shall we get started?"
 
Although Minjoo was new, she had a pretty messy room; messier than Jongin's. For a kid he was actually neat, but being in the orphanage for his whole entire life, he had learned to stay clean because it meant more play time for him on spring cleaning days. Jongin had noticed Minjoo's room and so he decided to help her. 
 
"I'll help pick up your clothes, you can clean up your toys," Jongin said and began sorting out the clothes in different shades of colors. 
 
"I can do this myself," Minjoo said feeling burdened. Jongin shook his head and insisted in doing so. 
 
"With two people working, we can get the job done and go eat some snacks. Then we can play early today," Jongin said, concentrating on sorting out the clothes. Minjoo looked at Jongin, feeling warmth in her. She couldn't help, but smile at him for his kindness. 
 
Day Four:
As a reward for all the hard working kids that cleaned their rooms, the nuns held a talent show. Many kids had signed up already and Jongin was one of them. 
 
"I'm so nervous Joo," he said pacing around in his room. She grabbed his hand, making his heart pound against his chest. She slid something on his wrist and smiled. 
 
"You'll do fine Jongin, trust me," she said, releasing his hand. He didn't want to let go of her soft, milky hand. He looked down to what he was wearing and it was a beaded bracelet. "I made it for you yesterday during our free time when you were playing with Jungmin. It'll give you good luck."
 
"Thank you Minjoo," he said an hugged her. "I don't know what I'd do without you."
 
She giggled and hugged him back. "Just make an amazing performance."
 
He nodded and they both headed out to the gym where the talent show was being held, it was also a day for adults to come and see if they're interested in adopting anyone of them. 
 
During the performances, a newly wedded pair had been watching Minjoo in the audience. 
 
"Excuse me, but had the little girl over there in the blue dress been adopted?" the bride had asked a nun. She looked at Minjoo and shook her head, saying she hadn't been adopted yet. "Really? Yeobo, I think she's the one."
 
The husband nodded and they left the talent show to discuss it. After the talent show was over, Minjoo ran backstage to congratulate Jongin for winning first place. 
 
"Kkamjong, that was amazing!!" she shouted, running for a hug. He hugged her and lifted her up. "I'm surprised you were that good!"
 
"Be more surprised Minjoo," the nun who was talking to the couple said with a smile. Jongin and Minjoo had released each other and exchanged looks. "You're being adopted!"
 
It was an awkward situation because the nun had put so much enthusiasm when she said it, but Jongin and Minjoo's faces fell. "What's wrong Minjoo? You're being adopted."
 
"But what about Jongin..." Minjoo softly asked looking at Jongin. He smiled at her and held her hand. 
 
"Don't worry about me, you're finally adopted," he said, holding in the tears. He had grown onto her and didn't want her to leave his side, but he knew she'd have to sooner or later. 
 
"In 3 days you'll be going home," the nun said and patted Minjoo's head before walking off. Jongin and Minjoo looked at each other and saw the pain in their eyes. 
 
Day Five:
Jongin and Minjoo were sitting in his room when he pulled something out from his pocket. He slid it onto her wrist and sighed. "I made this for you to remind you of me once you leave."
 
She looked at the beaded bracelet that looked exactly like the one she made for him. "Thank you oppa."
 
He weakly smiled and held her hand. "I want you to tell me something."
 
She looked at him to continue, "Will you remember me even after a few years?"
 
"Of course I will. Even if we spent 5 days together, well 7 if you count the next 2 days, I will always remember you," she said as he squeezed her hand. 
 
"Well, lets continue packing your things," Jongin said and pulled her up from his bed and led her to her room. 
 
Day Six:
The whole day was a depressing day for the two. All they could think about was that they were separating from each other. 
 
"Oppa, lets go take a walk," Minjoo said grabbing his hand and snuck out to the Han River. 
 
"You know we'll get in trouble," he said with a grin as she rolled her eyes. 
 
"Unnie won't know," she replied and they both sat at a bench. "Oppa..."
 
"Hmm?" 
 
"You'll miss me right?" Minjoo asked, holding in her tears. He looked at her and held onto her hand tighter. 
 
"Of course I will, why wouldn't I?" he answered as she laid her head on his shoulder, laying his head on hers. 
 
"I'm going to miss you oppa," she said, snuggling closer to him. He looked down to see her eyes closed and he slowly let out a sigh. I love you Minjoo...please don't go, not when I haven't confessed to you yet...
 
Day Seven:
Jongin had woken up and ran into Minjoo's room to  see her gone. He widened his eyes and ran out the front doors to see all the kids and the nuns waving to someone. He pushed his way through and saw a women holding onto Minjoo'a hand, taking her to a black, luxurious car. Jongin felt his heart tighten and his eyes swell up in tears. 
 
"Minjoo!!" he shouted, but she had gotten in the car already and it began driving off. He ran after it and shouted her name. "Minjoo!! Don't leave!!! MINJOO!!!"
 
I wish I could stay with you forever Jongin.