A Good Day To Be Choi Minho's Wife

My Servant, My Princess

photo edited for free at www.pizap.com

Chapter 9

A Good Day To Be Choi Minho's Wife

 

 

"Don't fall in love with me..." the words uttered by Minho was ringing in Sulli's ear. It wasn't loud enough but she felt as though he was shouting it on her ears and it was deafening.

She stayed at her position for God knows how long. As soon as she heard those words, she felt as though someone poured a bucket of cold water over her. She wanted to say something but no words came out of . She closed her eyes and tried to breath normally to regain her composure.

When she was able to finally calm her senses. She got up and walked away. But after taking a few steps away from Minho she decided she needed to tell him something.

She walked over to his side. Minho was still closing his eyes with his arms over his forehead enough to cover his eyes.

"That is something I have to decide and not for you to impose. I may be your assistant and I maybe working for you but my feelings are mine alone. You have no control over them." after finally saying her piece, Sulli turned around to walk away when Minho grabbed her hands..

"Jae Hee..."

Sulli brushed Minho's hands away from hers and  turned around to give him a fierce look.

She felt restless but more over she felt hurt. That was quite a revelation for her. She wasn't ready at all.

She came to this country to be free, to be happy and to experience life but never did she thought she'll experience more.

Yes, she may be living as Jae Hee but Jae Hee is just superficial because at the end of it all, she will still be Sulli.

The happiness and yes, even the sadness that she experienced, she felt them not as Jae Hee but as Sulli.

She's fighting hard to control her emotions right now.

"I thought I was able to get away from my old life. But look at me now, I am still living as someone who's always told what to do and what to feel"

"I'm so tired of hearing people around me tell me what to do or not to do. I'm tired of always following orders."

"I just want to live my life according to my own rules." Sulli thought.

"What?!" Sulli asked Minho in a firm voice.

She waited to hear him say "I'm sorry..." or even "I didn't mean what I said earlier..." but she heard nothing.

She let out a long sigh before turning away.

"Don't stay out too late. Your clothes are not warm enough. You might get sick." Minho heard Sulli say before she walk away.

He didn't move an inch from where he was. Unknown to Sulli, it took him almost his very strength to control his self and not run after her.

When he uttered those words, it felt like he was ordering himself more than Jae Hee.

He knew he must have hurt her feeling by ordering her and he knew it was foolish of him to do so in the first place.

He didn't expect Jae Hee to take it that hard and now, more than ever, he felt sorry.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sulli was walking towards the villa.

"No, I won't cry... I am not crying.. I will never cry..." She keep on repeating to herself.

"Sulli, you're not gonna cry... you're not gonna cry... you're not gonna... "

But no matter how hard she try to control it, tears are starting to fall down her cheeks.

She went inside the room and sat on the window seat. She embraced her knees and held it toward her body while looking out the window.

girl-staring-out-the-window.jpg

A lot of things are running through her mind right now.

She tried to let it all out. Everything that happened flashes right before her eyes.

She used to have a simple wish, knowing at the end of the year she'll be married to a complete and unknown stranger, she just wanted to have a carefree life with no commitments, no responsibility and most especially she wanted to feel the thrill for the last time.

That is the reason why she had to lie and accept Krystal's offer, she wanted to get a life.

It wasn't a life that she was used to but quite surprisingly she enjoyed it.

She enjoy learning how to cook, so she could personally prepare dinner every evening.

She enjoy taking care of simple and small things inside the house, something she did not do awhile back.

Simple things like making sure the whole house is well maintained and clean and making sure the household staff are performing their duties.

She is also the one personally attending Minho's affairs and needs. Running errands for him, preparing everything that he needs even before he asks for it.

Everything that happened wasn't exactly what she has in mind when she left her lucrative lifestyle in Japan but something kept her contented and at home.

But thinking about it right now, she realized it wasn't "something" but "someone" that kept her to stay.

"Am I falling for him?"

"Huh! How ironic... he just told me not to fall in love with him..."

"So what are you going to do Sulli?"

"You should have guarded your heart, you knew having feelings for him won't do you any good... You are supposed to be married in a few months, for God sake..."

 

She resumed star gazing on her own... She pointed her fingers towards the brightest star and traced it going through stars afer stars until she was able to write her name.

Sulli was almost forgot what happened and got so engrossed in playing with her stars that she didn't noticed Minho entering the room.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
 

When Minho entered the room, he initially though Jae Hee was already sleeping but he saw her on the window and she was pointing her fingers towards the sky and was writing something in the air.

His eyebrows met when he saw Jae Hee doing that. He stayed there for a couple of seconds watching Jae Hee enjoying doing connect-the-dot with stars. That action kept him wondering so he decided to just walk out. Minho was in deep thoughts still thinking about what Jae Hee was doing.

He was walking absent-mindedly when noticed that he was already at the beach.

The moon was shining brightly and hundreds of stars are twinkling like tiny lights above the dark sky.

There were a few people at the beach, so he decided to sit there for a while.

He found an abandoned beach chair and sat there.

Its been a long time since he last visited the beach.

For the longest time, he dreaded going to the beach. He used to love going to the beach with Krystal and their parents when they were still young.

But a few years back, when he was 14 years old, he first experienced to love and got his first heart break. From then on, he vowed to never go to the beach for as long as he remembered until today.

He was looking at the bright moon when the thought of Jae Hee came to his mind.

He pointed at the brightest star and trace his fingers stars after star until he was able to write his name.

Then he smiled. It brought back memories that he thought he already forgot.

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sulli went out of the room when the sun has risen. It was a beautiful morning. She was about to dial the main office number to order for breakfast when Mrs. Chiyo joined her at the living room.

She greeted the old lady and inform her she will be calling to order for breakfast when Mrs. Chiyo stopped her and instead asked her to accompany her to the market. Mrs. Chiyo would like to cook breakfast for them as a sign of gratitude.

She hesitated at first but had to give in eventually. After changing to comfortable clothes, they went off to the market.

As expected, Mr. Chiyo went along with them.

She was looking for Minho but she couldn't find him anywhere.

Sulli and Mrs. Chiyo spent an hour and a half in the market. She learned a lot from the good lady.

It still amazes her to think that as rich as they are, Mrs. Chiyo's is really hands on when it comes to taking care his husbands needs.

Mr. Chiyo built his empire from scratch. They started from rags to riches. Mr. Chiyo told Sulli how they struggle to build what they have now.

Mrs. Chiyo was busy picking and carefully checking vegetables while she and Mr. Chiyo watch.

"You know what Jae Hee, my wife is the most precious thing to me. She is more precious than any wealth there is." Mr. Chiyo casually said while looking at his wife with loving eyes.

"That's good to know Mr. Chiyo, any woman would be lucky to have you as a husband" Sulli smiled.

"Minho seems to be a fine young man. I know he will be a good husband to you.."

"Uh that... I actually need to tell you.."

"I  don't  deal businesses with young and single businessmen. I always go with men who value their wife and family because I know that they will be able to handle my business with care"

"Huh?!"

"So when Ms. Choi Krystal was urging me to sign a contract with their company, that was the first thing I asked her. And I am glad to know that Mr. Choi Minho have you as his wife. You make a lovely couple."

"I swear I could strangle Krystal right now..." Sulli whispered.

"You are saying something dear?" Mr. Chiyo asked.

"Ani, I was just saying you won't regret doing business with us." Sulli smiled sweetly.

"I know." Mr. Chiyo said before walking towards Mrs. Chiyo to help her with the plastic bags.

Sulli was following behind the couple. At their age, they still act like a newly wed couple.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

When they arrived at the villa, Minho greeted them and went to help out with the groceries.

His hair is still wet and it seems like he just got out of the shower.

He grabbed the plastic full of groceries from Sulli's hands.

Their hands touched and they both felt electricity running through their hands all over their body.

Automatically, their eyes met and after a second of awkwardness, Minho went ahead to join Mr. Chiyo to place the groceries at the kitchen.

Sulli joined Mrs. Chiyo at the kitchen to help with the preparation and cooking while the two men went outside to have coffee while waiting for breakfast.

She had a great time learning different cooking techniques from Mrs. Chiyo.

She suddenly missed her mom.

After an hour, they are now sitting at the table and enjoying the meal that Mrs. Chiyo prepared.

Minho noticed Sulli carefully choosing and putting food on his plate.

"God must have loved us to bless us with the most beautiful and caring wives, don't you think Mr. Choi?" Mr. Chiyo smiled at Minho after noticing how Sulli takes care of Minho.

"Uhm... Yes, that.... Mr. Chiyo, I think there was a misundersta...." Minho was not able to finish what he was saying because Sulli was quick to put a rolled beef at Minho's mouth.

"Honey, why don't you try this... " Sulli gave Minho a warning look while feeding him with beef.

"I'm sorry, what?" Mr. Chiyo gave them a curious look.

"Uhm, nevermind Mr. Chiyo. My husband usually loves to bring up business while eating... " Sulli smiled.

"Honey I think it's best to finish our food first. You can talk about business later, right Mrs. Chiyo?"

"Ah yes of course. You men can talk about business later but right now, let's enjoy our food." Mrs. Chiyo agreed.

Minho gave Sulli a questioning look but Sulli just keeps on eating after giving him a knowing smile and a wink...

 

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

-------->> Whaaaaaaah... finally... I'm sorry for the long wait readers... I hope you'll like this Chapter... your comments will be highly appreciated... Komawo!!!