Happy Ending or Not? Part 1

My Servant, My Princess

photo edited for free at www.pizap.com

 

Chapter 16

 

Happy Ending or Not?

 

 

 

A month has passed, Sulli is now back in Japan. 

599339_449289438483298_1109735085_n.jpg

"Are you okay sis?" Sulli gave Siwon a weak smile.

"Yes, why?" Sulli asked.

"It's been almost a month since you retuned but it seems to me, the Sulli I knew never really came back," Siwon gave Sulli a meaningful look.

"I'm here am I?" Sulli answered without glancing back at her brother.

"Siwon simply means that eventhough you're here physically, your mind is somewhere else.." Sulli heard a woman's voice, and when she turn to see who it was, she saw Victoria. Victoria works as Siwon's assistant and has been close with the family eversince. And now, she is also in charge of Sulli and Mr. Kang wedding.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBzVFgATla-Pj3WX0DT3-

"I'm okay guys. Don't worry about me." 

"You're okay but I'm not. I told you many times since you cameback, you don't need to go through the wedding. I can't bear to see you like this." Siwon gently touch Sulli's pale face.

"NO. I will go through it as promised."

"Are you sure dear? Why don't you meet up with Mr. Kang and talk to him?" Victoria was also full of concern for Sulli.

"That's okay unnie. I will meet Mr. Kang in the altar.. Sulli tried to joke but it just made Siwon and Victoria more worried."

After a few minutes, Siwon and Victoria left and Sulli is alone once again.

As soon as she went back in Japan, she told her brother she wanted to stay at their family house. It was located on top of a hill overlooking the vast blue sea underneath. And every night she would go out of the balcony and watch stars.

stock-photo-an-house-on-top-of-a-hill-ne

She missed Minho so much. So much it hurts.

She would often wonder how he is now, if he's doing okay. By now, he must be really angry with her. More than the deceit, she knew Minho must be thinking she played with his feelings. 

At times, she would also think about Krystal. She felt really lousy having to throw that beautiful friendship. They met over coffee at the airport before she flew back in Japan. She can't bear leaving Krystal in the dark and she knew she deserve to know the truth from her.

fx+sulli+krystal+qua+pictures.jpg

They talked and at one point Krystal grew angry then the long silence then she went. Sulli knew deep in her heart that more than being mad at her, Krystal was hurt because she has every opportunity to tell her but she never did. 

"Did you ever considered me as a friend Jae Hee, or Sulli, whatever your name is..." Krystal asked Sulli.

"Yes, believe me. I tried to tell you so many times but fear always creeps through me." she answered while she had her head down. 

"You were more than  a friend to me, you were my sister, but I guess that wasn't the case with you. Goodbye Sulli." Krystal stood up and Sulli could only see Krystal's lingering memory.

Sulli stood up from the balcony and went inside her room when she saw a huge white box sitting on top of her bed. It must have been left there by Victories when they visited earlier today.

dressinbox.jpg

Sulli slowly opened the box and saw a beautiful white dress. It was her wedding gown. She look up and grab her table calendar, only a week left before the wedding. Then she thought about what her life is going to be after the wedding. At times, she was tempted to call and meet up with her husband to be just to be discourage at the end. She did ask her brother how he looks like. Siwon was honest. Mr. Kang may be  a few years older than her but he wasn't that old and he was also good looking. 

She will be marrying an intelligent man, good looking per her brother, rich and powerful, what else can she asked for?

Then her heart would always answer: He's not Choi Minho!

Then reality hit her again. Minho must really hate her now. She didn't even gave him the chance. A lot of times, she wanted to check on what he is doing or if he's okay but she doesn't have enough courage to really do so.

*********************************************************************************************************

It was the day before the wedding. They planned for a simple wedding. It's going to be held in a small chapel with only family members and friends as witnesses. When she asked Victoria about the reaction of Mr. Kang, Victoria said he was okay with it. 

Sulli was sitting in front of her dresser combing her long wavy hair when Siwon walked in. He was carrying a small box. 

"Are you ready for tomorrow?"

"Neh, oppa"

"I just came here to give you this," Siwon gave sulli the red velvet box.

It was a jewelry box. When Sulli opened it, she saw a diamond ring. She recognized it as her mom's favorite jewelry. She remembered when she was still young, she would often ask her mom to let her borrow that ring. It was still too big for her little fingers so her mom would put it on a necklace as a pendant and would let her wear it for a day.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm8EVZE8UpkrC6Nf8L43B

"I will give this to you when the time is right. This ring is very meaningful to me. I will sell all of my jewelries except this one" her mom would say.

"Why mom? What's so special about this ring?" 

"This is a "wish" ring. When I really want something, I would normally wear this and would believe with all my heart that I will get it. This ring, never failed me. Not even once." Her mom would smile while looking at the ring.

Sulli just smiled recalling her fond memories with her mom.

"Here, let me put it on you. Let's see if it will now fit," Siwon took Sulli's hands to put the ring on.

"Okay," Sulli gave her left hand to her brother when Siwon noticed something.

"Oh?! What's this?" Siwon saw Sulli's ribbon ring. The ring that Minho made for her. She still wears it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKfo0XeYS__diQUsq2S5O

"Don't oppa. It's my ring," Sulli protested when Siwon tried to take it off her finger. Siwon just let her be and slid the ring on her finger but the diamond ring was too big for her. 

"I guess, you will have to resize it when you have time. You can just put it back on the box for the mean time." Siwon uttered.

"No, I want to wear it like I used to. I'll put the ring on my necklace" Sulli stood up and went to her closet. She opened an old box containing things that she treasures. After a few minutes of digging she found a similar velvet box and when she opened it she saw her white gold necklace band. Her mom gave that to her. She was pulling it out of the box when suddenly a small silver thing popped out. It was hanging loosely as a pendant on her necklace.

"Oh, you still have that?" Siwon asked.

"I don't remember ever having this pendant." Sulli examined the silver pendant closely and she realized it was shaped as a key.

"I remember this. Dad gave this to mom when they were still dating but I remember there should be two pendants here. It was a heart shape pendant and this is the key to that." Siwon took the necklace from Sulli's hand and looked at it closely.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-NHCag17fvt6jp6gvHOj

 

Sulli's mind was spinning. Suddenly a flashback came to mind. 

She was really amazed at her parents love story even when she was young. Her mom would always tell her their love story whe  she goes to bed. her dad gave her mom a necklace. It was a silver necklace with a key pendant and her dad had a similar necklace but has a heart shape pendant. It was their couple necklace. Her dad would always tell her mom, "You alone holds the key to my heart

TN0445.jpg

Her mom gave both necklace to her on her 12th birthday and after a few weeks, they died in an accident.

"Only give this to the person whom you think deserves your heart. How will you know? Because he will be the only person that will make your heart smile and flutter." said her mom.

Suddenly, she got goosebumps finally remembering the past. She was 12 years old then. She was alone in the beach crying because they just got the news that their parents met an accident and are missing when suddenly a boy came over and shared her grief. For the very time, she felt her heart flutter and he made her smile. They talk, they laugh and they cried together as though they have known each other for a long time. 

She was wearing the necklaces then. They bid goodbye but promised to see each other the next day. Sulli gave the boy the other necklace with the heart shaped pendant as a promise that she will treasure their new found friendship and she will return. Sadly, Sulli never made it the next day. They had to flew back to Japan immediately upon hearing that the bodies of their parents were finally found.

It was a painful memory for Sulli at such a young age. Siwon kept the remaining necklace with the key shaped pendant and hid it back to her treasure box because he can't bear to see her sister crying everyday. That necklace would always brings out the memory of her parents. 

Days, weeks, months went by, Sulli adapted to her loss by unintentionally burying the past.

She hurried to get her purse and opened a black pouch. She found the other necklace. It was the same necklace Minho gave her. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo_Poe7xtV1EzM9oKgRy5

"How could I be so dumb?" She cried furiously as she slump down on her knees.

"What's the matter?" Siwon suddenly got worried seeing Sulli breakdown.

"Oppa, I found it. I found the missing necklace. The one I gave to a 14 year old boy on the beach. Remember that story I told you?" Sulli has managed to answer Siwon while trying to control her sob. She held out the two necklaces to Siwon.

"Oh my! But how? Did you meet that boy again?"

"Yes, but I didn't remember him."

"Sulli, it was a painful memory for you so its understandable you have forgotten all about it. Come her." Siwon carried Sulli to her bed and he hugged her sister not knowing what to say.

*********************************************************************************************************

After Sulli left, Minho was back to his old self and worst. He barely speak to anyone even Key and Krystal. They knew he must be in deep pain so they just let him be. 

He continued with his everyday task but what people see is a totally different Choi Minho. He drown himself in work so he doesn't have time to think about Sulli.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpLEUFvg1NBSJdBWFsLBI

"Choi Sulli... Choi Sulli... Choi Sulli....  Why does it have to be you of all people?" Minho asked. He was in his office alone and as usual, he's drowning his self in work. But there really are those time when Sulli would came to his mind. 

He opened his drawer and saw  hundreds of post it notes from Sulli. He kept every single one of them. He took out a torn paper from among the post it notes. It was the letter Sulli left him before she left.

 

To my Dear Minho,

If you are reading this letter now, it means I'm no longer a part of your life. 

I'M SORRY..... I'M SORRY.... 

I know words are not enough to tell you how sorry I am but just the same, I want to say Sorry. I really wish I could say these words in front of you. Someday, when I have enough courage to do so, I will find you and ask for your forgiveness.

This is all because of my selfishness. You deserve to know the truth. 

Truth is I never really had an amnesia. That time I really didn't have much of a choice. I ran away from home because I wanted to experience life. I'm due to be married. I have to do it to save our company and to save our family. I'm Sorry.

When I met you, I grabbed the opportunity to start fresh. I know people will be looking for me so I had to be Go Jae Hee. No one has to know my name. I'm sorry.

For breaking your rules, for messing with your life, for all my lies, and lastly for falling for you, I'm sorry.

I never dreamt of hurting you and I didn't plan for this to happen. And I know at this point it will be hard to believe but I love you and I will never stop loving you. 

The times I spent with you are the most happiest days of my life. I will forever cherish those memories and you will forever be in my heart.

Please take care of your self and may you learn to forgive me someday. Lastly, I wish that you will forget about me. I want you to be happy and I'm sorry if I can't give that you. 

Loving you,

Choi Sulli

 

He gave the letter one last look before finally putting it back to his drawer. He picked up his phone and called Jjong. They talked for a few minutes then he went out.

*********************************************************************************************************

On that same night, Sulli had a visitor. It was Mr. Kang's attorney. He gave Sulli some papers to sign making sure she will appear tomorrow.

"I don't need to sign that Mr. Lee. I will be there tomorrow. You can tell Mr. Kang not to worry. The wedding will happen as planned." Sulli gave the attorney a stern look.

"I understand dear but Mr. Kang is just making sure that everything is in order." Mr. Lee gave her a sweet smile.

Sulli signed the papers without even reading through it. She just wanted to have some peace.

"Thank you Sulli. I will get going now. I'll see you tomorrow." Mr. Lee stood up. "If you need anything, just let me know. You can always call me." He gave Sulli his card.

It read: Lee Jinki, Kang Industries Legal Counsel

onew+%25281%2529.jpg

********************************************************************************************************

 

Posting part 1 for you guys..... 

 

Sorry for the long haiatus....  I was just very busy and my computer crashed....

 

And to be honest, I didn't realize it will be this hard to part ways from your very first story so i guess I'm having a hard time letting go.... huhuhu....

 

Part 2 will be posted tomorrow...

 

Thank you....

 

>>>>> So what do you think? Did you love the twist?

 

Drop me a message.... thanks lots!!!!