Knowing Mr. Kang

My Servant, My Princess

photo edited for free at www.pizap.com

 

 

Chapter 12

Knowing Mr. Kang

 

It's been 8 months since Sulli left her home. This was the first time that Siwon didn't hear from his little sister. He was used to Sulli always being away from home due to her studies abroad or workshops but Sulli would always call them everyday to check on him. He was the older brother but Sulli would always be the one to call him to check how he was doing. Siwon was so proud to have Sulli as a sister and he felt terrible to see her go through the marriage. As a brother, he does want to see his sister happy.

He was hesitant to let her continue with the marriage and before Sulli went away, he has already decided to forfeit the contract. He was willing to lose the company just to see Sulli happy. But maybe Sulli knew that at the end he will decline the offer from Mr. Kang so before she left, without her brother's knowledge, Sulli went to see Mr. Kang's attorney to sign the contract.

It was a big blow to Siwon. He can't accept to see Sulli taking this direction.

Siwon set a meeting with Atty. Lee, Mr. Kang's representative and legal counsel and with him are his buddies, Donghae and Eunhyuk.

"Long time no see Mr. Choi, what can I do for you?" Atty. Lee greeted them and ushered them to sit down.

"I brought along my legal counsel so we can talk about the contract" Siwon started.

"I don't understand. What about the contract? I thought we have settled it a long time ago. Aren't we waiting for just a couple of months for the wedding to happen?"

"I would like to know if there's a possibility to retract the contract. That's the reason why I brought along my attorney as well."

"Ahh... Well, your sister is the one that personally signed the contract. We only have 4 months to go before the wedding. If on the day of the wedding Sulli won't show up, I'm sorry but you are going to lose the company and not only that, you're sister will be the one who's going to be in trouble as she will be liable for Breach of Contract."

"I'm afraid they are right, Siwon." Eunhyuk agreed.

"I don't think I can live with my conscience seeing my sister in a miserable married life. It's totally unfair for her." Siwon was desperate.

"Well Mr. Choi just want to exclude his sister from this. He is willing to do anything if you will release Sulli from the contract. Mr. Choi will let you keep the company and will work for Mr. Kang," Enhyuk tried to reason out with Atty. Lee.

"I'm afraid I can't do anything about it. That's the only condition set upon by Mr. Kang which your sister agreed to." Atty. Lee said with finality.

"Is it possible to speak personally to Mr. Kang? We want to set an appointment with him. We've been going through this but we never really saw Mr. Kang. For all we know, your client may be a grumpy old man." Donghae butted in.

Just then, Mr. Kang walked out of his office.

"I don't believe I'm grumpy.. I also think I'm not yet that old to be considered an old man." Mr. Kang smiled at them.

They were taken aback when they saw Mr. Kang in person. He wasn't grumpy looking, nor old. He was not what they expected him to be.

Atty. Lee stood up to greet the President.

"Everyone, I'd like you to meet Mr. Kang." Atty. Lee finally introduced them. Heechul joined them after shaking hands with Siwon, Donghae and Eunhyuk.

"You were not who I was expecting. It's nice to finally meet you." Siwon shook his Heechul's hand.

"Well, I'm glad to finally know you as well. You know what, you're not the first to say that. I always get that comment." Heechul continue to smile.

Mr. Kang Heechul was not what they all thought he was. He got a very jolly personality and was very warm. They had a brief chat before Heechul asked Siwon for a private talk back to his office. Eunhyuk and Donghae went ahead.

Siwon took the seat in front of Heechuls office desk while the latter went around to sit on his office chair.

"I've been wanting to speak with you but I'd liek to personally apologize for not meeting you earlier. You see I've been busy since I've been running the business here and in Korea." Heechul explained.

"I understand. I also want to take this opportunity to ask you a few things." Siwon answered.

"Sure, go ahead."

"Why Sulli? Why my sister?"

Heechul gave out a good laugh before facing Siwon to answer his question.

"I like to answer that with Why not?" Heechul was still smiling. The conversation simply amuses him.

"Forgive me but I don't take you as someone who would mix personal feelings over business. So until this day, I still don't get the contract that you had to instill."

"Hmmmm, let see... I have a busy life and I'm at the age where I needed a partner in life. I want to have wife that is associated with my business so I won't need to look for one anymore. You see, I really don't have time to date. When I heard your financial condition I thought it was a good idea, so why not? And you don't need to worry about your sister. I'm not a bad person, you can be assured that I will make sure that all her needs are taken cared of. I always believe love can be learned so maybe someday, we'll learn to love each other. It's a win-win situation."

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Siwon, Donghae and Eunhyuk were at a club drinking. Siwon shared his conversation with Mr. Kang earlier to his buddies.

"The way I see it, the situation isn't really that bad for Sulli." Donghae gave out his opinion.

"Legally speaking, the contract is legal and binding. Forgive me to say this but I had a good feeling toward Heechul.

"Yeah, I'm afraid I'd have to agree to that. I find him a decent person and he seems to have  a positive outlook in life." Siwon agreed.

"Have you heard from Sulli yet?" Eunhyuk asked Siwon.

"No, I'm afraid not. I'm really worried about that kid. I wonder what she's doing now." Siwon suddenly spaced-out.

"Hey, don't worry too much. I know Sulli. She's a tough woman and I know she can handle herself."Donghae tried to console his friend.

"I hope so. After talking to Heechul, somehow, some of my worries disappeared. Heechul will make a good husband and I'm happy to know that Sulli's will have someone to take care of her." Siwon shared his thoughts.

"Yes, this whole ordeal may actually lead to a favorable result afterall." Eunhyuk commented.

"I'm meeting with my private investigator friend tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have some news about Sulli." Donghae mentioned.

"That's great! Aside from knowing she's in Korea right now, I know nothing else." Siwon was shaking hi head in disbelief.

"Don't worry, we'll find her. My friend is the best in missing person investigation."

"Yah! You should have told us earlier.. Why did you have to wait for a few months?" Eunhyuk blurted out giving Donghae a fierce look.

"I know.. I know... I'm sorry okay? My friend was stationed in Switzerland for a months and I only knew he came back last month." Donghae tried to reason out.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The next day, Siwon received a call from Donghae.

"Hey buddy, I got some good news for you. My friend just informed me that he may be able to locate Sulli in Korea."

"Chincha? That's great!"

"Yeah, and incidentaly, he's going to korea next week for a job, so he may be able to squeezed in looking for Sulli."

As soon as Donghae ended the call with Siwon, he dialed his friend's number to inform her about Siwon's decision.

"Amber, I just got off the phone with Siwon. You got his go signal to look for his sister Sulli in Korea."

"Okay, that's good. I'll make time to search for any information about her when I'm in Korea."

"Okay, thank you. I owe you bigtime!" Donghae smiled.

"You bet! Okay, I gotta run. Just send me all the necessary things I asked you. Don't forget her photo." Amber ended the call after saying goodbye.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

---->> Here's a short chapter for you guys.. sorry no MinSul but I'll be posting the next chapter with MinSul so please watch out for it... Were you shock to see Heechul? hehehehe....