How It All Started

My Servant, My Princess

photo edited for free at www.pizap.com

Chapter 1

How It All Started

Sulli just finished college when their father died. She was used to all the luxury life could offer. They own one of the biggest communications company in Japan with branches all over Korea.

She never paid any interest in managing the company. It was always Siwon who was besides their dad. Her passion is in creative arts. She likes acting, drama and theater. She always wanted to pursue broadway. She has been given the opportunity to be casted in some broadways abroad but she always gets a mediocre role. It was a good thing  her family supported her.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

They are all in the study room. Siwon is sitting across her, then there's Eunhyuk on her right, reading some papers. She was wondering why she was asked for a meeting.

Oppa, may I know why am I here? You know I hate to meddle in business talks. What's up? Sulli asked.

I know Sulli but we need to talk. Eunhyuk is here to fully explain things to you cause I'm afraid I won't be able to fully explain it by myself, Siwon told her.

How are you Sulli? Eunhyuk asked Sulli with a smile.

I'm okay but still confuse why am I here, she gave them a questioning eye.

Eunhyuk gave her a quick look before proceeding, "I hope Siwon already informed you about the status of the company.. Well, for about a year, we really tried to save it but given you only have 50% of the shares, we can only do so much. We've been trying to set up an appointment with Mr. Kang to talk him out in selling his shares. We were lucky to get an appointment with him last week but we were only able to talk to his lawyer Atty. Lee. We laid out our plan and asked him to relay it to Mr. Kang and we were able to get his reply yesterday," Eunhyuk wave the folder he was holding.

Sulli still don't understand why they need her presence. So she just waited for Eunhyuk to continue to talk.

Siwon answered her questions that she have in mind. "Sulli-ssi, you are here because you are... " Siwon is having  a hard time finishing his sentence.

Eunhyuk continued to save Siwon from the situation, " I think you need to read this first so you can see for youself." Eunhyul handed her the folder.

She accepted it and tried to read each page:

So, Siwon was asking Mr. Kang to give them at until 5 years to fully manage the company and bring it to its feet again so they can buy his shares. At the present time, they are still struggling and they don't have enough finances to buy out the shares of Mr. Kang. 

Mr. Kang refused to give in to Siwon's demand and instead gave his own terms.

He is willing to give Siwon another year to bring up the company and produce enough money to buy out his shares.

or here's another option: Let me marry your sister and I'll let you have the company, no questions asked.

Sulli was dumbfounded. She keeps on blinking her eyes...

Am I reading this correctly? Sulli's eyes are still locked on the piece of paper..

"Oppa, you are kidding right? Who the hell is he to bargain me?" Sulli was furious.

She stormed out of the study room, get her keys and drive away.

Sulli: I need to get out of here. Who the hell he think he is? I haven't even seen his face and from the looks of it, he might be as old as my dad! For goodness sake.

Siwon was trying to call Sulli but she keeps on ignoring his call. He already asked Donghae to search for her in the mansion as well as check her condo. She is nowhere to be found...

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Eunhyuk and Donghae accompanied Siwon in drinking.

"I don't want to do this to Sulli, and I don't want to force her in getting into situation she doesn't like. She has alwys been our princess and we loved her dearly. But I know dad would not want to lose the company especially to someone we don't know," Siwon blurted out in betwwen sipping his can of beer.

Donghae and Eunhyuk shared glances and they tried to comfort their friend.

"I know, but we also know that 1 year won't be enough for us to raise enough money to buy out the remaining shares." Eunhyuk softly said.

"Sulli needs time to take in everythign that has happened. Just let her be.. She loved your Dad but it will still be her decision whether to marry Mr. Kang or not," Donghae contributed.

 

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sulli parked her car in front of the beach. It's a good thing its already past midnight, no one seems to be around.. She has been driving for hours and her eyes are all red due to crying.

I don't know what to feel... I love my dad and I know that the company is everything for him.. but I don't think I can marry out of my will..

Then she thought, "Dad and Oppa gave their lives to me. I had everything I wanted eversince I was a child. They supported me in everything that I do, no questions asked. I know how much they love the company. Dad spent his life building and managing the company from scratch. This is the first and maybe the last thing I could do for them..."

I'm sorry dad.. I'm sorry Oppa.. I really don't know what to do...

She cried and cried until morning...

Sulli woke up to the bright light thats blinding her eyes.. "oh, it's morning already...," she sadly looked at the waves of the sea.

With one last look at the sea, Sulli has decided...

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

***Thanks for reading... This is just the beginning... Please share your thoughts... :)

***Sorry if Minho is not yet introduced... He's coming in Chapter 2...