Deal is Struck

Lover Boy

Sungjae’s POV

When the lunch bell tolls Ilhoon grabs a hold of Sora and pulls her out of the room and to our eating-place for lunch.

She simply sits there as we eat and plays with her Ipod.

She doesn’t even touch the food that Ilhoon had bought her until Sara walked off into the bathroom.

She grabs her sandwich and takes a decent sized bit out of it then she takes her smoothie and takes a sip.

She eats fast and by the time Sara gets back she’s finished with her meal and claims she wants to go to the bathroom.

When she leaves Sara starts jabbering on more than usual. Still I watch as the new girl leaves and feel sorry for her.

Her eyes look deader when she was around Sara for some reason seeing her look that way hurts me more than when I saw Sara look the same way.

Still I don’t’ get up but Ilhoon does.

He stands up quickly going after the new girl to make sure she’s alright.

Ilhoon’s POV

I watch as Sora looks afraid and seems to be trying to hide something and it has to deal with Sara.

She wouldn’t eat when Sara was there then she ate fast so she could leave when she had come back again.

Sungjae looked like he was stuck between the two worlds. So I decided for him I went after her.

When I catch up with her, she is leaning against a wall with tears in her eyes.

I call her name out, her head snaps up, and she slips her head down so her hair is veiling her face as she takes off her glasses.

I think she wiped her eyes then she slips on her glasses again.

As she looks up at me, I see a likeness that she has to Sara but she has a far feminine look to her.

“Ilhoon why aren’t you at lunch?”

“I got worried seeing you run off the way you did.”

“I said I was going to the bathroom.”

“True but I saw the way you wouldn’t eat with Sara close by. The way you ate as fast as you could without choking and finished before she got back. The way you lied through your teeth to get away from her. What is Sara to you?”

“An evil demon that will eat me alive if I tell you this, but I need someone to be by my side… Can you keep a secret?”

I nod my head, “Of course I can keep a secret.”

“I’m Sara’s twin and was the one that was friends with Sungjae when we were friends. When my parents divorced when I was eight, I picked my father’s side since he was the one that was loyal in the entire relationship. For ten years I lived with him studying hard so that I could go to college in Seoul but to prove that I can last here I made a deal that I would spend a year here if I can last here I can spend my college time here so that I could try to reconnect with him. When I got here, I heard that Sara had taken my place. She had become his love and I’m the one that doesn’t exist. I just wanted to see my friend again, but here I am upset because of that witch. I just wanted a touch of my old life before I had to…” she goes silent.

I look at her studying her, “Before you have to go… what?”

“Before I’m married off to some guy I never heard of. My father didn’t agree to it my mother did before she even met my father. I’m the oldest even if it’s only by a few minutes. Still my mother babies Sara so she’s not the one that’s to marry the devil’s spawn.”

“What’s the guy’s name?”

“I don’t’ know I know he’s older than me. I think I heard a Chinese last name.”

I sigh and that’s all I get out before she starts talking again.

“I wish I knew because I feel like I’m just being used because no matter what I don’t truly want to pick sides even though my father will gladly take my side and pull me out of the deal. They said I could do a four-year college but by then I have to be ready to be a bride. I haven’t told my father about this yet. I don’t know how. I want to meet someone and fall in love not be forced into a false marriage. I’m not my sister I wouldn’t cheat on a person because I don’t’ love them. I would accept the marriage and hope I could talk them into a divorce. I have a feeling that’s not going to happen the merging of her father’s clothing company and some designer is to much of a big deal. Ugh.”

She starts to cry. I walk closer to her and wrap my arms around her and she sets her head on my chest.

I feel her softly hitting my chest, “This isn’t far. I don’t want this but this is the life that I’m going to be given. I have to accept it or else I will sink in the shark tank.”

“Did you sign anything?”

She shakes her head as she looks over at me, “No, I told them I wouldn’t sign anything until my college life is over because that’s what I want. They agreed to it because I threatened to bring my father into it and trust me there’s one thing that people fear and that’s my father. He’s one of the biggest names in lawyers and one of the most successful. He’s a good man he helps out those who can't get help but also the rich. Its amazing the things he can do for people. I read his notes a few times and it seems he tries to get only those who he knows has done no wrong. Still there are a few rich who would pay a higher price than most would to have him as their lawyer. I think around that time he would drink on his free time. Now he stopped after he got angry and threatened me one night. I worry though.”

I chuckle, “You speak a lot more when it comes to something that really touches your heart, don’t you.”

She smiles at me and making my heart beat a tad bit faster. She nods her head not saying really anything else.

“I can help you try to get out of this contract… if you want me to.”

She looks back at me and her smile drops, “I couldn’t’ ask that of you. It’ll only be a pain for you. I don’t want that. I don’t want to be bothersome.”

“No, you won’t just let me help you. Can you let me do this?”

She takes a deep breath and nods her head, “Alright but once the first issue comes up I may make you bail on the entire idea.”

Just to get this over with I agree with her though I wouldn’t bail if an issue does come up I’ve been taught better than that.