Issues

Lover Boy

Your Father’s POV

My daughter, Sora,  has always acted strong even though she’s really a bit weak at heart with her emotions.

Out of my daughter’s she’s the 1 that would be best to know with her kind heart and strong will.

Her heart isn’t that strong in health wise but it’s strong personality and a loving personality giving her a strong ‘heart.’

With a daughter like her I’m glad to call her my daughter… her twin on the other hand is completely different more vain and conceited.

How is it that they are so different?

Does Sara talk after her mother and Sora take after me?

My daughters use too be really close than we moved next too Sora’s childhood friend SunSun and they started to fight far more often than they ever had.

I guess as they grew up and started too realize what they liked and that Sara started not having to protect Sora as much as she used to issues started to arise.

Still my daughters are the most important thing too me in this world and I may lose one sooner than I want….

Hopefully they have good news for me at this appointment.

Your POV

I sigh when I wake up in the morning to see that I have a text message from Ilhoon of my locker.

I laugh when I notice that there’s letters sticking out of it.

“Do you know if they’re bad?” I text him not sure if my heart can take all of this.

He sends me a picture of 1 of the letters and I can’t help but to start crying since it’s a very touching letter from a boy who’s been bullied a long time like I was by his brother. When I had shown courage yesterday to fight back that he had done so as well and finally felt like he had gained courage in life even though he was beaten up in the end.

I clench my fist near my heart feeling the slight pain in it from getting emotional over 1 letter…

I smile as I get up from bed and change into my street clothing and look around for a hair tie not finding one I sigh as I just brush my hair and head out.

“Dad, where are you?”

I forget that I’m living with my mother and open the door to see that my father is outside waiting.

I smile as I skip out frowning when I see my mother, but shrug as I climb into the passengers side causing her to sit in the back.

Ba gives me a look and I shrug my shoulders causing him too sigh.

“Ba… Are we going or not?”

My dad looks at me and smiles, “You called me Ba.”

“Yeah, what of it?”

He reaches over and pushes my hair too the side, “I like your hair down and you're wearing the sweatshirt I bought you a while back.”

I look down and nod my head as I pull out some nice pastries for breakfast.

     

He laughs as he motions for me too buckle myself in and I nod my head looking into my bag too make sure that I still have my pills and phone.

As we near the hospital Ba reaches over and takes my hand in his as if he knows that I’m nervous about what I’m about to hear today.

“Ba… Do you think they’ll want me to go back to California to that heart surgeon?”

“I’m not sure sweetie… Would you really want to go there for the surgery?”

I look at him and shake my head, “You know I hate plane rides and I always have.”

Ba  nods his head, “Still the surgeon who saved your life before is there and she said too come back too see her once they find a transplant.”

I bite my lip as I look at my dad, “Ba… Would it hurt so much if I didn’t get a transplant?”

The car suddenly comes to a halt and my father looks at me, “Why say something like that? You know what I’d feel like if you died. Think of everyone else… Sora you are my daughter and I want what’s best for you, but too die early when you can live far longer is that really what you want?”

I look at Ba as he starts the car all over again and he looks at me with a look that says it all, I’ve hurt him more than anything ever could. It looks like when I had a uire when I was a kid and I woke up too see Ma and Ba hanging over my bed holding onto each other… that was the last time I saw something like that… my parents holding each other and not pushing each other away or yelling at 1 another.

It’s hard to believe that they can be in such a small space like this car without fighting.

I look back at Ma… my mother and shake my head as I watch her look out the window but I see tear in her eyes.

I can’t help the bitter words that come from my mouth, “Mother, do you really have the right to be crying cause of me? Do you think you have the right to act like my mother again?”

She looks at me and nods her head, “You’re right I guess I don’t have the right to act like your mother again, but that doesn't mean I can’t try to make up for how I treated you all these years.”

I look through the mirror and shrug, “I wouldn’t know mom you’d have to ask your parents… Oh wait they disowned you after you divorced Ba.”

I look out the mirror and I know that was cruel of me, but I can’t give into the guilt I feel for saying that too Ma.

 

I sigh when we reach the hospital and finally can get out of the car.

I jump out and have to put my hand against the door cause of sudden lose of breathe.

I feel a hand on my shoulder causing me to look over too see that it’s my mother.

I don’t brush her hand off since I feel more secure with her hand on my shoulder and I really need the support.

As we walk through the parking garage and into the hospital I feel the stares… or maybe it’s all in my head.

I look at my father and he nods his head at me while smiling knowing my uneasy feeling.

Ever since I was young he’s known what I’ve felt, but I guess after spending almost all his time with me afraid that 1 day I might suddenly die.

Taking my father’s hand in my own I gladly walk up to the front desk with both of my parents on each side of me.

When we’re talking too the lady up front tells us too have a seat and too wait for my doctor I look down at my hands

“Appa… Am I really that weak now?”

I look up at him through the corner of my eye and he takes my hand, “No, you’ve never been weak in your life and you never will be.”

“Tolma? Even if I become bedridden in the hospital?”

He nods his head, “Really. You’ll always be the strong little girl who has always tested limits of everything in life.”

I laugh remembering running a marathon 2 years ago, “True.”

I’m pulled into his arms as I hear my name being called causing me too look up.

“Umm… That’s me I believe.”

I’m asked the usual questions I guess and then I’m lead into the exam room with my parents.

I sigh as I sit there with them as they do a regular check up and orders some tests.

I’m hoping I’m getting someone who knows what the heck they are talking about.

As the doctor walks in and introduces herself I hold my breathe as she turns on a computer and looks over everything that’s in my record.

“Well it seems that there a few issues like you are having more issues with pain in the chest and even having fainting spells.”

I nod my head, “It’s not a lot, but there are quite a few cases.”

She nods her head as she makes a note on her little notepad.

“I think we’ll have to run a few chests too see just how your heart is working even though we have a clear idea just through your old doctor notes from past visits.”

I’m not sure how many tests they run I lose track glad that my family is on the wealthy side of the spectrum not that we show it off or anything.

Then they surprise me when she says, “We’ll end this with a treadmill test.”

I look at her and don’t stop myself when I say, “Are you a ing idiot? Didn't you read my records? Cause I clearly remember doing a test like that and fainting.”

“Still we have to know your limits,” she presses and I sigh thinking this doctor is trying to kill me… would I really have a problem about that right now?

I shake my head thinking how my dad acted about me saying something like that in the car.

The look on his face flashes through my head and I shake it trying to get rid of him and the look that said he’d die if I did.

 

They set up the treadmill and have me ready too start walking on it and I purely want to go home.

As I start to walk I feel fine but as I start working my heart I start to feel faint.

I look at the doctor as she stares at the machine and I feel my anger start to boil and I want to hit the woman as hard as I can.

Though at the moment with how light headed I am it wouldn’t do anything really.

“I need to stop… I need to stop I feel…”

I feel my body move and the world goes black.

Appa… Omma… SunSun… Ilhoon… I’ll be alright so don’t worry.

I will listen too appa.

I will live on.

I will fight so help me do so with your support.

So please cheer me on and pray for my life.

I will work my hardest on my side.