Truths

Lover Boy

Your POV

When my parents come into the room looking angry I simply lean back and in my chair.

Serah on the other hand looks like she’s ready to bolt.

I look over at her as I just sit there dad on my right side and mom between Serah and me.

“What is it that you wanted to talk to us about?”

He pulls out a DVD that I had used to play it through the entire school system.

“Your daughter, Sora, had played this nice little tape embarrassing your other daughter Sara. Sara in retaliation interrupted Sora’s class even more and assaulted Sora.”

My mother just sits there quiet not sure what’s real anymore.

“Mrs. Lee, I know there is some issues at home, but please control your daughters. I know that Sora is really smart and while I have you in here I need to talk to you about Sara’s test scores. Sora can you wait outside.”

I nod my head, “Of course.”

I’m not sure how long I’m sitting outside the office but when my parents, the school’s principal, and Sara come out it seems like Serah will have the short end of the stick.

“I talked to your parents Sora and they seem okay with you have detention after school while Sara will have to keep a good 10 feet away from Sora when on or near school grounds. You are not allowed to fight in school uniforms do you understand.”

I keep my face blank which is pretty hard to do since I’m usually pretty expressive.

I watch as the principal walks my mom and dad out of the office and out the school doors.

I look back at Sara is mean mugging me; “You planned this didn’t you?”

“I planned you to get worse punishment, but we’ll figure out the punishment when we get home.”

“You ruined my life,” Sara yells at me and goes to hit me and I easily catch her hand.

“I ruined your life. You ruined mine. I spent my childhood getting beaten by bullies cause you would mouth of to them and they’d come to me to beat on. You realized I had a heart problem right. I had almost died several times when dad asked for a divorce cause of that you didn’t’ realize what you were doing was wrong. You didn’t even realize that when dad left mom and took me to the US. If anyone’s life was ruined it was mine. I had to leave and when I came back you were playing my childhood friend using him as a slave and all my friends that knew you weren’t me thought I was dead cause of you. So explain to me how I ruined your life.”

She ignores my question as a twisted smile appear on her lips, “Oops... I guess I thought you were. I mean we didn’t keep in contact after the divorce.”

“I know right how much did it cost to get that fat out of you?”

“Shut up,” she goes to hit me with her other hand and I grab that.

“Sara, I’m many things but stupid isn’t 1 of them.” I twist her wrist a bit, “I’m also able to defend myself since father had me take self-defense when we were in New York. Well you played princess here.”

I use her wrists to push her back into a chair.

“Now you need to start behaving Sara or else your face might get ugly… but surgery can always fix that just make sure you look different than me.”

She screams as I leave the room to see someone run around the corner.

I shrug as I stretch and place my hair over 1 of my shoulders.

I smile as I turn the corner to see Ilhoon standing there waiting for me.

I smile at him and he smiles right back at him as he walks up and places his arm over my shoulder.

“So what kind of trouble did you get into?”

“Oh they gave me a week of detention, nothing special. Did you get in trouble?”

He shakes his head as he smiles at me, “Nope, I played the video at the designated time and left to hang out at the library. Surprisingly nothing bad happened.”

I chuckle as I lean my head on his shoulder and for once I don’t feel guilt when I’m in his arms like this for the last 2 days we’ve been dating.

“So when do you want to go on our first official date?”

“Hmmm… I’m not sure let’s see what my punishment is and I’ll call you if I still have my phone or else I’ll see you in the morning.”

He nods his head as he kisses my forehead and I feel really happy.

I look up to see Sungjae mean mugging us before he notices Ilhoon looks our way where he forces a smile on his face.

“Sungjae, what are you up to?”

“Nothing thought I’d check to see if you 2 are in trouble or not.”

I smile at him not bothering to move my head or else I’ll feel cold for acting like this.

I nod my head, “I am but Ilhoon got away with it.”

My praise surprises the 2 of them.

“What?”

“Nothing it’s just you’re praising me for getting away with something like this.”

I laugh as I look at him, “Of course I am. I’m praising you cause you weren’t except I’m going to be lonely in detention. How do they do that here?”

They shrug, “Don’t’ know.”

“Really?”

They nod their heads in sync causing me to laugh at them.

“You two are such great friends I can tell that much.”

They again they look at each other and speak in sync, “What?”

I laugh again and point at them, “See you did all of that in sync.”

I look at Sungjae and say, “I hope me dating Ilhoon isn’t going to break the 2 of you up. I’d hate myself if that happened. If it would I feel like I’d have to break up with Ilhoon from the guilt. I wouldn’t allow that to happen. You 2 are in the same band and rely on each other.”

They look at me with shocked and confused fused on each of their faces.

“You’d do that to try and save a relationship between friends?” Ilhoon asks.

I nod my head, “Yeah, I can see you 2 are really close and need each other. So I’m sorry if I’m causing some issues between the 2 of you.”

I feel some pain in my chest as they nod their heads and I place a hand on my chest.

Ilhoon looks at me worried and asks, “You’re alright? You’re not having chest pains again are you?”

I shake my head, “I’m alright. There’s nothing wrong.”

I know their eyes are studying me so I remove my hand from my chest and smile at them.

“Kenchana. Jjinga kenchana.”

They look at me and nod their heads together again.

I watch them turn their backs and I wonder when my next checkup is.

When pull out a small capsule out of my jacket pocket and quickly swallow it.

Some of the pain goes away and I sigh in relief and quickly jump between the 2 boys and connect my arms with theirs.

 

The rest of the day by fine until I realized I have to meet with the teacher who’s doing my detention with for the next week.

I sigh when an hour passes and I can the hell out of the school.

When I get home I’m not punished for my actions today but Sara is to be confined in her room until she learns what she’s done wrong for the last 12 years of my life.

Dad looks at me as I sit down with him and he asks, “Is your heart aright sweetie?”

“Yeah, I just need to do my check up and we can figure out where to go from there.”

“What do you mean didn’t’ she get a heart transplant 10 years ago?”

Dad shakes his head, “No, they said she’d be fine without it and started her on an aspirin and other medicine regiment to keep her heart alright. She’s supposed to have surgery as soon as they find a donor. They said they found a match and she should have the transplant surgery in a week or 2.”

“Really?”

I sit there and watch at how my mother is smiling about me getting my transplant.

I look at dad then sit back, “I need to have my pills refilled I’m almost out.”

“Of course I’ll get you a month supply and if you need more We’ll talk to the doctors at your checkup.”

Mom looks between us and asks, “Can I come with?”

“Of course. It’s tomorrow morning so Sora you’re not going to school tomorrow.”

I nod my head as I lean back in the chair and pick up my pile box and take out my night pills.

I better get the transplant so I can stop taking these stupid antibiotics.  

I open my computer to see an email had been sent around the school.

I open it to see a video of Sara and me fighting.

I look to see who had sent it but I can’t find anyone.

I bite my lip and wonder what people will think of that.