What He’ll do to Help You Forget

Lover Boy

Your POV

I’m sitting in the food court after hitting my childhood friend and first love sipping on a fruit smoothie.

I hear my name being called by Ilhoon who is standing right behind me breathing heavily like he ran a marathon.

He sits down in front of me, but I don't look his way.

“I can’t believe I hit him,” I mumble feeling my guilt of hitting SunSun set in.

“He deserved it,” Ilhoon tells me as he takes my face in his hands.

What?

Don’t you think I know that?

Still he’s SunSun, my first love.

I feel tears in my eyes and I know he sees them and hates them, “I know, but I loved him since I can remember.”

I see something cross Ilhoon’s face but soon it’s gone.

I’m pulled into Ilhoon’s arms and a tight hug as he says, “I’ll help you forget about that.”

What does he mean ‘that’?

I know he sees my surprise and confusion, but i still have to ask, “What do you mean help me forget?”

He looks away from me, but not before i see a small hew of pink on his cheeks.

He’s so cute and good to me.

Why couldn’t I love him instead of that jerk?

Why do I love Sungjae so much he’s not like how he was as a kid?

He looks me in the eyes taking my face back in his hands as he says to me, ‘I want to help you forget Sungjae.”

I look away from him wondering if that’s possible.

Could being with a guy like sungjae help me forget about the jerk who replaced me with my sister all because she lost all that weight?

I look him back in the eyes to see worry in his eyes, “Sure, I’ll give it a try Ilhoon.”

He looks at me surprised, “Are you serious?”

I nod my head and smile at him, “I can’t be sure if you’ll win over my love, but I do want to be happy. You have been doing that for me lately while the guy I keep telling myself I love is ruining whatever happiness I create along with my sister.”

He smiles at me, “I’m glad and I hope that if this ends we can still be friends even with these feelings that I have for you.”

I nod my head as I kiss his forehead, “Of course, you’re a great guy Ilhoon. also who else can almost beat me at Just Dance.”

we laugh as he snaps a drink from my smoothie.

“Mmmh.. That’s kind of good, but it’s different somehow.”

“It’s made using both yogurt and ice cream. Also I got a few of their flavors since I know the girl that’s working today.”

He gives me a look, “Now that makes sense.”

I laugh as he looks  at me, “Come now it’s not that bad, is it?”

He shrugs as he takes another sip making a weird face.

he gets some on his chin so I lean over to wipe some off.

“Huh, there they are,” I hear them shout and I realize that everyone is still dressed like a girl.

“Haha, I bet this looks weird doesn’t it,” I look at them.

They nod their heads and I see Sungjae glaring at Ilhoon and me.

How weird that there’s hatred and hurt in his eyes.

I look at him with a smirk on my face, “SunSun what seems to be the problem?”

He glares at me, but I see nothing but hurt.

I roll my eyes wondering why he looks hurt since he’s the one that hurt me the most.

I smile as I’m walking around the mall only to have Minhyuk pull me to the side.

“What the hell let me go?”

“What’s between you and Ilhoon?”

I feel blood rush to my face and I look away feeling embarrassed, “We just started dating today.”

“What about Sungjae?”

I smirk at him hiding my pain, “I loved him when i was a kid. I mean he was the first person to be nice to me and see me as more than my father. My mother never loved me. She hated my guts. To her I was nothing but an unwanted nuisance. I was to blame for everything. When my father found out how I was treated he demanded a divorce to make things worse that was the day my mother decided to tell my father that I was to marry the jerk who i don't’ even know,” I laugh as I look at Minhyuk, “Do you want to know what my father said to my mother?’

He nods his head.

“He told her in his exact words, ‘How can you marry off since in your exact words she’s not your daughter she’s just a curr that looks like your precious Sara?’”

“Wow, your dad sounds cool,” he says.

“He is but I think he still loves my mother even if she’s an evil witch. If he would say he does I wouldn’t feel disgust for him for his love instead I’d understand… Not that I would be happy about it though.’

I smile up at him and he decides to ask me, “why date Ilhoon?”

“He told me that he’d help me forget sungjae or at least my feelings for him. Ilhoon’s a great guy he listens to me everytime I talk and he makes me happy. I feel guilty though since I still feel my heart go crazy whenever I see Sungjae. I know how Ilhoon feels about me after a week in the hospital I would be an idiot to not notice how he felt about me.”

“So you’re using him?”

I shake my head, “No, if I was using him I wouldn’t feel this way about him. If I hurt him I feel like I’ll hurt myself somehow. Ilhoon is a precious friend to me and I’d hate to lose him. “

“Then why accept his offer?’

I smile, “I’m not sure maybe cause I hope to return his feelings.”

He smiles, “You care about him, huh.”

I smile, “Of course I do even though I’ve been friends with him for less than a month I care about him. Maybe I like the attention, but I hope it’s not because of that.”

“I don't’ think it’s because of that,” Minhyuk tells me, “if it was for attention you wouldn’t have that look in your eyes.”

I smile at him as I nod my head and say goodbye.

When I finally find Ilhoon I call his name and he sees me smiling my way and I see his mouth from my name.

I find myself wrapped up in his arms causing me to laugh.

“Ilhoon you’re like an oversized child.”

He pouts, “No, I’m not.”

I smile as i make him look my way, “Yes, you are. Now let’s go it’s weird acting like this when you’re dressed as a girl.”

He laughs at me as he takes my hand and pulls me out to the van where everyone is waiting.

“Come on let’s leave this place I’m worried that someone might have recognized us.”

I lean up and tug at Peniel’s sleeve, “Oh come now you were the one that agreed to stay with us.”

I laugh as he pulls away from me with a blushing face.

I reach my arms up and sigh, “It’s so nice to have a day where I didn’t have to wear those glasses or have my hair in my face.”

“You seem happy about that?”

I smile with my eyes closed as I nod my head, “Of course I am.”

Ilhoon’s POV

I heard Sora and Minhyuk talking and hearing her say what she did makes me worried a little bit.

Still when I see her smiling face I feel my heartbeat go crazy.

I might really like her, but I wonder if it’s love.

I hope I don’t win over her heart only to see her get hurt because of me.

Still I don't’ think that will ever happen.

Sungjae’s POV

Seeing her smile like that.

Smiling with her eyes closed, blush on her cheeks, head tilted, and a warm grace she reminds me of Buns.

Still I can’t forget that the live together.

They are probably sisters, but they are the same age.

Are they twins?

That’d make sense they must be almost identical twins.