New Girl

Lover Boy

Sungjae’s POV

I look around my room and sigh at the new day that has come. I run out my dorm door to come face to face with annoyed faces of my hyung’s.

“Going to pick her up?”

I nod my head, “Yeah I’m going to pick her up what of it?”

“You know she’s just using you,” Eunkwang-hyung says to me.

I nod my head and sigh, “But if it’s Sara I’m okay with it.”

He sighs, as do my other hyungs.

Minhyuk hyung looks at me, “Sungjae we all have had a girl like that but you shouldn’t let her use you like this.”

I look away and nod my head, “I know but I’ve been friends with her since we were four. So it’d be hard to through our friendship away like that.”

They nod and still give me a look that said I should stop. I run over down to the bottom floor and race out the doors. I walk down the street to get to Sara’s house but then I see that I’m running late. I start to run until I run into something… or someone should be more like it. I pull myself up to see a girl mumbling with her head down a dyed brown hair covering her face. She moves her hands up resting something on her face. When she looks up I see clear eyes that look like Sara’s but they don’t have a sparkle to them like her instead they look sad. They hide behind a pair of white blocky glasses. She looks at me and I see her cheeks turn pink. She jumps up and goes to bow to me but I stop her.

“Don’t do that I wasn’t paying attention all fault is mine.”

She shakes her head not saying a word probably star stuck or something.

Soon she clears and speaks to me, “The two of us are at fault. I’m sorry but remember next time to pay attention.”

I nod my head and go to turn the corner when I see Sara running up to the corner. The girl with the glasses turns back to see Sara then she races away running faster than you’d think she could from her size.

Sara reaches me and smiles. “Sungjae sorry but I need to get to school now so I can't’ really walk with you today. I can't afford to be late again.”

She races off and I groan pulling at my hair. I look down to see a bracelet on the ground. I look at it to see that is says Melody on it along with the BTOB symbol. I sigh and place it on my wrist so I can give it to the glasses girl. I reach school on time and sit in my seat in the back. The teacher comes in and tells us to shut up well calling someone into the room.

“Okay class today we have a new student,” she looks the door, “I already said you can come in.”

A girl walks into the room with the same hair color that the glasses girl had. When she looks up, I see that it is her.

“Hello my name is Lee Sora it’s nice to meet you.”

I look over at Sara to see a look of disgust which is odd to see since she hides her feelings so well.

“Alright tell us something about yourself.”

“I lived in New York with my father since I was young but my father had recently moved back to Seoul since him and my biological mother are on talking terms again. I have one sibling but I don’t care to mention them.”

Sara’s jaw seems to tighten.

‘What is this girl to Sara? Its not like she’s talking about her… I mean Lee is such a common last name.’ I think to myself.

“Alright Miss. Lee you can sit by Mr. Yook.” The fangirls in the room groan and I sigh, “I know everyone but the desk next to him is the only one open.”

Sora nods her head and walks down the aisle avoiding the feet that are being stuck in her way. She makes it to the desk and sits down.

“I’m sorry about earlier, Yook-ssi.” She whispers to me.

What the…

“You don’t have to call me ssi or my last name no one but teachers really do that.”

She looks at me all confused but she simply gives me a confused look and nods her head.

“Do you know who I am?”

I ask her and she simply gives me a look that says ‘idiot’ or I think so.

“Yes, you’re Yook Sung Jae from BTOB, but what of it. I may be a fan of your music but am I supposed to freak out that I’m sitting next to you or bumped into you this morning.” Her voice is quiet well she speaks it sounds almost musical but at the same time hollow filled with a deeply hidden anger.

Through the entire class period, Sorasimply sits there by me quiet not saying a single word unless the teacher called on her. When the class period ends, she picks up her bag and leaves. I look down to see that she dropped something again. I pick it up to see that it’s a book on dancing. I shake my head and slip her book into my book bag. As I make my way to my next class, I see that Sora is sitting next to me again. I sigh but when I see Ilhoon in my class sitting on the other side of my desk he looks up and waves to me.

I sit next to him and he looks at me, “Is that the new girl?”

I give him a look, “Hyung of course that’s the new girl. Her name is Lee Sora she’s in my homeroom.”

He nods his head and calls out her name.

Her head looks up and I see again the innocent sadness in her eyes, “Yes?”

“Hi my friend here said that you’re new so I thought I’d introduce myself. My name is Jung Ilhoon.”

She nods her head and looks at him, “I know you’re from BTOB and why are you talking to me?”

We give her a confused look that I just realized that she only formal way she speaks to us is when she’ll probably add –ssi to the end of our names.

Ilhoon doesn’t back down he gets out of his seat and sits on her desk, “Do you want to eat lunch with us?”

She looks up at him like he’s insane, “Eat lunch with you… Let me think… No, if I wanted to be eaten alive I’d jump into a pond filled with piranhas.”

Ilhoon uses a cute voice as he asks, “Please I don’t’ want to be left alone well Sungjae stares off to space and Sara is flirting with her boyfriend.”

She smirks at him, “Fine I’ll eat with you but you have to buy me lunch.”

“Deal.”

He sticks out his hand and she takes it shaking it.

“Welcome to Hanlim Arts High School.”

She nods her head smiling and I see a slight sparkle in her eyes making me smile a bit.


Ilhoon and Sungjae