Of Breakfast Soup & Curiosity

Mr. Romantic & Miss Popular
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 12: Of Breakfast Soup & Curiosity Chapter 12 Theme Song: Everything Looks Like You by Melody Day   Instrumental 2

 

♥♥♥

 

I went straight to the kitchen after greeting everyone, as usual. Even though I still felt tired and sleepy, I couldn't afford to be slacking. Still need to show the best image and gain everybody's love and attention. Opportunities like this don't come often, especially for us. All these while Kwanghee hyung has work hard to put our name out there, now I get the chance to continue.   Besides, last night, when Jun.K hyung came back, he was in a shocking state.  I doubt no one had ever seen him looking like that here.   He was drunk. And unconscious. The crews even had to help take him into the room and put him on bed.   Did he and Seungah noona had that much fun together? She didn't seem to have as much fun with me, just like Jihyun noona. Maybe it's because he's a dependable oppa to her, she felt more comfortable to have fun. But who would drink until they lose consciousness on a date? Isn't it a waste? I guess they're both alcohol addicts like Jihyun noona, huh? Maybe when I get a little older, I'll become one too, who knows?   So, today, I'm going to try see if there's any decent ingredients to make haejangguk*  to cure Jun.K hyung's hangover. He was totally knocked out. Although truth is, I don't really know how to cook or anything, because in our dorm, Kevin hyung is mostly in charge of it, and sometimes other hyungs. I used to be unable to even make a decent cup of coffee that doesn't taste charred or other horrifying flavour. But I think I'm quite improving.   Actually, I've heard the crews discussing on editing of the show and overheard of them worrying that I haven't been interesting enough, among some other names they mentioned. But they did say I have some plus points. So, today, other than to do a good deed to Jun.K hyung, I'm also going to show that I can surprise them and be 'interesting' by making a haejangguk for hyung. The girls would probably swoon at my skills. I just need to be in touch with Kevin hyung through the phone while in the kitchen for guides to cook it, piece of cake huh?   I was stopped in front of the door though, by a sound of tin hitting the floor. Someone is already there? Damn. Don't tell me it's Jei noona again. Why is she always so early in the kitchen? I don't know what to talk to her. Should I check the notebook...no, I don't think that's a good idea. It's not like we've ever paired anyway. Why would I want to be romantic with her? I just...I just hate it when I can't think of a topic to talk to these girls. Maybe that's why I'm starting to lose my earlier mindset of wanting to try pair up with other girls. After being with Jihyun noona for so long, I started to feel scared of going back to page one with other girls. I'm not scared of them, it's just...awkward to change now, isn't it?   So, should I back off now? Think it's not too late to cancel the cooking plan? But that would be a waste, wouldn't it? Half dreadfully, I peeked inside the room, only to see a figure in gray hooded shirt and matching sweatpants squatting down, cleaning something on the floor.   "Uhh...good morning?" Okay, I regretted opening my mouth already. Argh.   "Oh?" She looked up. "Hyungsikkie? Can you help get some chilli paste? I've accidentally spilled it. There's spare in the grocery bags outside our room."   "Hu...huh...? Okay."  Thank God it's not Jei noona. And luckily nobody spotted me in front of the girls room as well, or they might've think of me as a stalker. It took me less than a minute I think, to be back in the kitchen.   "Here. Noona, what are you cooking?"   "Ya, you're fast! Thanks Hyungsikkie. I'm making...soup."   "For Jun.K hyung?"   "How did you know? You're smart boy. Is he still knocked out?"   I could only nod. Noona must've had a great time last night. She's glowing even more than usual. She looked more cheerful this morning than she had ever looked. And she's almost always chirpy, so you can imagine how everything looks strangely upgraded today.   "How about Mireu? Still sleeping?" She tasted the soup.   "Yeah. Like a log."   "I hope he's not sick." I caught her mumbling to herself. Why would she worry of Mireu getting sick? Maybe she had already gotten fond of him and attached, in the same way as myself and Jihyun noona? Well, he did came in late last night. I didn't notice when. But he was there this morning. He's always like that. Preferred to spend time alone outside and only coming inside when at least half of people in the room are asleep. He said, he needed more oxygen, whatever that means.   "Noona, you're not going to ask about Jaebum?"   "What about him?" She asked, almost monotonously, without even taking her attention from the soup on the stove.   "Just...since you asked about Jun.K hyung and Mir..."   "Pfft, yah! That's a funny reason you have. Thanks for giving me morning laughter dose." Her laughter trailed along her words.   I turned around, making sure nobody's there, since I suddenly remembered of something I had meant to ask her,    "Noona..." I took out the notebook in which I had asked her to write her tips to be more romantic, when we were climbing down the mountain on our hiking trip yesterday morning, after she said she's too tired to talk a lot.   "About this part...you said, to 'make conversation, come up with a topic that can lead to her interest, and not topic that could die down easily'. What do you mean by that?"   "Aigoo, Hyungsikkie..."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter