Engagement Party part 1

Arrange Marriage to Mr.Popular

       I just found out today that I'm getting married to a jerk and guess what, it turned out today is also the engagement party. I would not have known that today is also the engagement party if my mom didn't tell me 2 hours before the party actually starts.

      Here I am getting a makeover and dolled up. I've been sitting here for almost 2 hours and my hurts already. I sighed for the 9th time and asked again, "are you almost done?" I got the same answer from the last 30 minutes, "almost."  I was about to sigh again when the stylist said the words that made me happy, "done" I squeled and stood up. I walked to my bathroom when I saw my reflection at the mirror. I stopped and just looked at myself; I look beautiful. I am still busy staring at myself when my mom walked in and smiled happily at me.

"Princess, you look beautiful. I'm sure Luhan would be impressed."

   In a snap of a finger I forgot about me being beautiful and frowned. I wanna look pretty for a guy that I would love and love me back, not Luhan. He does nothing but hurt and embarass me. My mom noticed my frown and sighed while walking towards me. She hugged me and smiled at me comfortly, "don't worry princess,I'm sure Luhan would take care of you." I just nodded. I don't want to marry Luhan but I have to because I don't want to upset my parents. I faked a smile to my mom, "your probably right mom. It can't be that bad." If mom noticed I was faking it, she didn't dare say anything and just looked at me from head to toe before nodding in satisfaction. She smiled one last time at me before holding my hand and dragged me outside, "we should get going, we are already late."

    The drive to Luhan's house takes about 15 minutes and my parents did nothing but encourage and praise me. I just nodded and smiled at them. The car stopped and our driver opened the door for us. Dad stepped out, then mom and finally me. My mom held my hand again and whispered, "smile princess" and I did. Dad put his arms around me and gave my shoulders a squeeze before we stepped into Luhan's house. Once we stepped inside, I see Mr. and Mrs. Xi waiting for us at the entrance leading to their garden where the party is being held. I immeadately bow and greeted them. Mrs. Xi once again gave me a warm hug, "you look beautiful" I smiled and mumbled a "thank you." What I didn't expect is for Mr. Xi to hug me too, he smiled at me warmly and said, "you should start calling me appa or daddy if thats what you prefer." I blushed hearing that and didn't say anything. How could they be so nice and Luhan not so....nice. Mrs.Xi held my hand while my mom held my other hand and escorted me to the party. I walked outside and is amazed to see that almost everything is in different shades of gold. I looked around and saw probably 300 visitors whose attention is on me. I looked down uncomfortable when someone cleared their throat causing me to look up. I swear my breathe got knocked out of me, there Luhan standing infront of me and looked at me expectantly. That's when I noticed his outstreched hand, I don't know whats going on but I know enough that I'm supposed to accept his hand and I did. He escorted me to the front where Mr.Xi is already waiting for us. 

"Welcome everyone. I know you are probably wondering what is going on." Mr.Xi said and everyone nodded. "As you all know my son, Luhan turned 18 about 4 months ago...so me and a very close friend decided to let our first-born marry in two weeks time." Everyone was shocked at first then they started to cheer for us. "Everyone, I introduse you my soon daughter-in-law and my son's future bride, Seo Joo-Hyun." Mr.Xi proudly said and the cheers grew louder. I didn't know what to do, so I just froze and I didn't notice that I am holding Luhan's hand tightly until, "your hurting my hand" Luhan whispered to me. Everyone saw that and started to get giddy.

 

I'm so so so sorry for the late update. Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter. 

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!