Chapter 1

Arrange Marriage to Mr.Popular

       I groaned when I hear the sound of my alarm clock and stretched my arms before looking at the time. I bolted awake when I see the time, its already 7:20 am. I only have 40 minutes to prepare for school, which caused me to run to my bathroom and quickly took a shower                                                                                                                                          I looked at my mirror when I finished dressing myself. I sighed, I know I'm not pretty like the other girls in my school and I accept that; but I deserve some respect. I can't be that ugly, my parents always tell me I'm beautiful but how come my schoolmates make fun of me and hate me. I smiled at myself encouragely before walking out of my room. I see my mom talking to her phone while I am walking down our staircase. Sometimes I even get jelous of my mom because she is so pretty and elegant, I wish I'm like her.

"Good morning princess." my mom said before kissing my forehead. I mumbled my reply before looking at her outfit. "Where are you going?" I asked her.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    "ummmm, I have a meeting to attend today." she said while nervously looking around. I smirked, the only thing I can tell you is that my mom is a terrible liar. I was about to ask more about her *meeting* when dad walked in. I quickly ran to my dad and hugged him. 

"I missed you daddy." I told him tearily.                                                                                                                                                                                                "I missed you too princess. How are you? Is butler Mong taking care of you well?" he asked my worriedly.  I nodded and hugged him tightly.

    "I just want to go home" I said to him sadly. I hear him sigh before letting go of me, "this is your home now princess, it's been 2 years before we moved here, you have to forget NewYork." I just nodded before walking out our house, more like our mansion and started to walk to school. It takes about 10 minutes to go to school which gives me time to think. 

   I got to school with 5 minutes to spare before the bell rings. I started to grow nervous when I remembered that I have to talk about myself infront of the class. I hate talking infront of the class, I hate the attention because my classmates usually just makes fun of me and throw things at me. I walked in the class and went directly at my seat at the back of the room and sat down. I ignored the snickers and the insults my classmates are saying and just listened to music.  I was intently listening to my music when a crumpled paper was thrown on my head. I looked up and glared at the *popular students* who obviously threw the paper at me, I wanted to fight back but I know it won't get me anywhere. "Why are you even in this school? your poor and ugly!" Luhan yelled at me and students started to laugh.  I wanted to cry but I don't want to give them the satisfaction od seing me cry so I held it in. I hate Luhan with all my heart, he did nothing but make fun of me and bully me.  Everyone loves him beacuse he is smart, rich, handsome and captain of the soccer team. He is almost perfect, except his attitude; he is very rude to the people he doesn't like(which is me). 

     Our teacher walked in and everyone stoped talking and listened. "Today, we would continue our self introduction, so lets start with...Kris. Mr Wu the stage is yours." she said and just like that our presentations started and before I know it, it was my turn. I walked nervously infront of the class and almost tripped because of Luhan's foot. I glared at him before starting my introduction.

   "My name is Seo Joo-hyun. I am 17 years old and I like to sing and dance. It's only been 2 years when me and my family moved here in Seoul from NewYork but...it feels like we've been here forever. I speak English and Chinese fluently, but I'm still practicing my Korean. My mom is Korean but my dad is American. I was born and raised in the U.S. before we moved here.

   Everyone is shocked when they heard me. Some of them raised their hands to ask questions.  I called on the quiet girl who sits beside me.

"Does that mean your half Korean and half American?" she asked me shyly. I nodded at her,"neh..."

  Everyone was shocked when they heard my reply, so I just sat down on my seat and listened to their conversations.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

    I just sat down on my table at the cafeteria when Luhan's name and my name was called, telling us to go to the office immiedately. I stood up nervously seeing Luhan's glare and everyone's stares at us. I walked out the cafeteria door when I am slammed against the wall by Luhan who looked mad.

"What did you do freak?" he asked me furiosly.

"I didn't do anything" I said to him quietly.

   He glared at me one last time before heading to the office and leaving me with a bruised shoulder. I held my shoulder and walked slowly to the office. 

   I opened the door and was greeted with a wierd and kinda disturbing picture. My parents and what looks like Luhan's parents are sitting around a table, smiling happily. I looked at them then at Luhan who is leaning against the wall before greeting them. Mrs.Xi stood up and hugged me, which I didn't expect; held my face and looked at me closely before nodding in satisfaction. "Gorgeous, she is very beautiful. She and Luhan would make a very cute couple." she said cheerfully to my mom. I'm confused and I'm starting to get scared. I looked at my dad and asked him in English,"dad what's going on?" I looked at Luhan and saw that he is as confused as me.

"Neh, what is going on? what do you mean we would make a cute couple?" Luhan asked nervously, then realisation dawned on his face. "You me-an..." Luhan stutered. I still don't know whats going on. I looked aroung helplessly and asked again, "What is going on?"   Mrs. Xi and my mom looked super happy(which is scary) and said together,                       "Both of you are getting married in two weeks!!"  At first I didn't get what they were saying, then  "BWOOO?!?!"

 

 

So this is the first chapter and I know it was kinda boring, but I still hope you guys liked it.....:)                                                                                                        COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!