Chap. 18~

Still With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Make sure to read the previous chapter~ this was a double update xD

 

That night Chansung and the little ones had decided to turn in early; they had a pretty hectic day doing laundry so Junsu stayed up to bring it in before leaving for work that night.

Junsu quietly pushed the door to his open so he wouldn’t disturb his roommate. Peeking in he noticed that Chansung was sound asleep. Creeping around the room as quietly as he could, he began to dress for his evening activities.

Chansung watched with half opened eyes as Junsu dressed himself in his evening work clothes. “Oh shoot, I have to leave now, or I’ll be late.” Junsu whispered to himself, which caught Chansung’s attention. “Leave? Late?” It sounded almost as if Junsu had a date.

Chansung watched as Junsu headed out the bedroom door, but before he fully shut the door behind him, through his half shut eyes, Chansung could see Junsu giving him a sympathetic look, as if he was saying sorry before walking out.

He listened carefully as Junsu’s footsteps disappeared and the front door was shut. Leaping instantly from bed, Chansung hid behind the curtains and watch Junsu’s retreating figure walk quickly in the direction of the bus station. “Where are you going?”

-

Junsu made it to work in one piece and still on time thanks to Taecyeon. “Thanks, Taec.”

Taecyeon just patted the other’s shoulder. “Don’t mention it, anyways, looks like you have about what, two, three more days working here right?”

Junsu shook his head, “No, four. I need to make up for the other night, I said I would.” Before Taec could protest his father managed to step in. “Jun, you’ve been working so hard, you don’t have to make up anytime.”

Junsu just shook his head again with a small smile. “I have to, I’m sure you were short handed and busy the other night, please allow me to make it up.” There was a few more protest before both Taec and his father gave in to Junsu’s demand.

“You’re still as stubborn as ever.” Taecyeon let out a heavy sigh before giving Junsu a smile. “Well, you wouldn’t be Junsu if you weren’t stubborn.” They both laughed at the comment before it got silent again between Junsu and Taecyeon.

“Taec. Thank you again.”

“No need to thank me, Junsu. I simply did this because I still care about you.” Taecyeon’s statement caused Junsu to slightly flush, “And because you’re no fun when you’re stressed.” He teased covering his head when Junsu threw his pen at him.

“What does that mean?!”

“Ha ha, it means you’re more enjoyable to be around when you’re all smiles and carefree. That’s the Jun that took my heart, and I’m sure it’s the same Jun that has taken Chansung’s heart too.” Taecyeon continued his teasing.

Junsu was at a lost for words at the mention of Chansung’s name. “And I’m sure Chansung’s true caring nature has caught your heart.” That statement caused Junsu to blush even more, only to make Taecyeon laugh more.

“Well, anyways. I have some news for you.” His tone getting a bit more serious, “I won’t be here for the rest of the week, I have to visit a friend of mine in the next town. So it’ll pretty much just be you and my dad, since my mom is going with me. But you’ll be ok, it’s only for two days then you’re home free.”

Junsu was taken aback but Taecyeon’s news, “B-but that’ll leave me as the only server wouldn’t it? I c-can’t…” Taecyeon ruffled his friend’s hair with a reassuring smile. “No worries, we have someone working in my place, a friend of my dad’s, like I said, you’ll be ok. I promise.”

Junsu just nodded that he understood before the two had to start working that evening.

-

That whole night while Junsu was gone Chansung had stayed up waiting to see when the other would arrive home, every now he would look at the clock and then he’d check out the window from a distance so Junsu wouldn’t see him. “What are you doing Jun?” he muttered to himself as he paced the floor, reading the time that had indicated it was a quarter to 3am.

Letting out a heavy sigh, Chansung sat back on the bed, “Why am I worried over nothing? If Junsu had a late night date then that’s his own business, why should I care?” he questioned himself with a frustrated tone. “But, Junsu is far too young to be drinking, so why did his shirt…” Chansung was cut off from this thought as he heard the front door open from the living area. As quick as he could he took his place back in bed and pretended to sleep when Junsu came into the room.

-

The next two nights were just as the same, Chansung would watch as Junsu dressed himself in the dress-shirt and nice slacks before he disappeared into the night. Chansung had figured out that Junsu leaves at 10:30p and comes back between 2:45a- 3:15a.

Chansung had work that morning in town, so he decided that if there’s one person he could ask about Junsu’s disappearances, it would be Yenny.

He pushed the door to the convenient store causing the little bells to jingle.

“Welcome!” Yenny greeted from the counter as she finished ringing up a customer. Chansung walked up to the counter and stood to the side to keep out of the way. “Come again, see you soon.” She waved to her last customer.

“How can I help you?” Yenny asked as she organized the counter top without knowing that it was Chansung who had walked in.

“About Jun, has he said anything to you about disappeaering in the middle of the night?” Yenny stopped straightening the counter and looked up from her work and met face to face with Chansung. “Yah! I didn’t know it was you who walked in! Why didn’t you say anything?”

“Sorry, but please, answer my question.”

Yenny bit her lip, thinking of a smart way to answer this as to not worry the other. “What are you talking about, Chansung?” she gave him a concerned look, but she full well where Junsu had been disappearing too the past week and a half.

“There was a thunder storm a few nights ago, and Junho came to the room in tears looking for Junsu, but he wasn’t there. Then I found

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter