That Night Pt. 1

Hajima

This will be a long two parter since I haven't updated for a while. The first part is a switch between Himchan and Yongguk's POV.  the Next part will be your POV. i hope you enjoy


Yongguk's POV

I hear her lock her door and smile before I walk down the stairs instead of taking the elevator. I reach the lobby ignoring the feeling that people know who I am.

When I step outside, I see the van and Himchan waiting patiently for Him. I walk to the van and open the passengers side door and sigh when I sit down. I look up at the building and feel the sadness and hate that Jin Kyoung holds for me radiating off the building.

“Are you okay?”

I shake my head thinking other face well she talked to me when she would go into her dream world she looked so happy, but when she came out of it she looked like she was going to break down.

I look out the window to see the night sky hanging over the city it doesn’t look ominous like the night that I was thrown out of my own home, but instead it looks like its starting to clear a path to a better life yet its not there yet.

“What did she say that has you looking so down?”

I look at him and tell him, “She said that she still loves me, but she hates me for all the pain I had caused. She’ll try to be friends with me so we can work with each other, but she doesn’t want anything outside of work with me. I hurt her too much to even try to get back together with her. She hurts more than I did when we broke up. She just stood there and cried or she tried to hold the tears in her eyes. Himchan I think she’s hiding something from me. She looked like I shot her when I mentioned what today was.”

“Well what could she be hiding besides that today is the anniversary that you two broke up?”

“I don’t’ know, but I want to know it might have something why we broke up?”

“We could call her older sister.”

I nod my head, but freeze in my spot, “I don’t have her number anymore.”

Himchan hands me his phone to show that he’s calling someone. I can’t talk to Mi Na so I hand the phone back to him. I can't’ talk to her cause she’ll just yell at me for being an idiot and hurting her sister.”

“Hey,” its silent as he listens in, “I know hon… I know still we should tell your parents and Yongguk… Ahh I’m so happy for you.”

Silence fills the air as Himchan listens to Jin Kyoung’s sister.

“Yeah... I called to ask you about your sister.”

Himchan’s POV

“I’ll tell you anything but you’re not allowed to tell Yongguk.”

I think it over, but I want to know…. I’ll have to lie to Yongguk. Still I must have caught lady luck because I pull up to the parking garage.

I soon park the van in its usual spot on the first floor and mouth to Yongguk, “Later.”

He nods his head and heads towards the dorm.

“Alright tell me. No one is around to over hear us.”

“I only over heard this so I don’t’ know if its true, but did you hear Jin Kyoung was hospitalized after their break up last year?”

“Yeah I heard about it. What of it?”

“Well I overheard my mom talking to the doctor over the phone,” she chokes up, “that it wasn’t depression that sent her into the hospital.”

“What was it?”

“Himchan she tried to kill herself that night after she was sure that Yongguk was gone.”

“What?! Why?”

“It was because she lost her baby.”

“What baby? What I know Jin Kyoung wasn’t pregnant?”

“She was pregnant with Yong Guk's baby. She wasn’t very far along she was so stressed and busy that she didn’t even know. She had a miscarriage that day early. I heard from my mother that day that my sister went into the hospital late that night before almost early morning. She was woken up or something. She tried to kill herself from the fact that she lost her baby. She blamed herself. She blamed herself for losing the baby. She couldn’t face Yongguk because she also blamed him.”

“What if she tries again this year especially with Yongguk back in her life and all over TV?”

“That’s why I check on her twice a day unless I know she’s busy. Today the school that called her to work today called me to make sure it was alright if she would be able for her to work with Jongup and Junhong or whatever the kids name is.”

“Still if anything happens give me a call. She’s like a sister to me. Do you know anything else about the miscarriage?”

“No, except it was due to high levels of stress. I think it was Yongguk,” I hear an elevator ding and open, “I mean he was so busy all the time and she had to worry about him and school. I know she became a bit depressed and even to this day when she gets sad she’ll hurt her abdomen. I don’t think my father knows about this either.”

“Why is that?”

“Cause  he’ll talk about how he missed Yongguk and how he wished that he would have handsome grandsons like him.”

I hear her knock on a door, but I don’t hear an answer. I hear Mi Na shout for her sister to answer the door.

I hear her move around looking for the spare key as she says, “Himchan I don’t have a good feeling about this. I found the spare key and I know her code.”

I hear the door open as Mina gasps, “Himchan get here right now. I need your help.”

I keep Mina on the line as i send the guys a message telling them to get down stairs at the van.

Mina starts crying, “Mi Na call an ambulance I’m sorry but I’m going to be driving there as fast as I can. What happened though?”

Yongguk and them are looking at me as I back the van out of the spot and speed out of the garage.

“I don’t know, but I think she must have fainted because she does that sometimes ever since last year.”

“Alright call an ambulance now.  I’m almost there.”

I hear her agree as she hangs up.

Yong Guk's POV

When I hear Himchan say something and I know he was still talking to Jin Kyoung’s sister and we’re heading in the same direction as Jin Kyoung’s apartment.

I keep asking Himchan questions and all he says to me is, “Shut up Mina told me to get to Jin Kyoung’s apartment so that’s what I’m doing. You’re her ex that’s still hung up on her so I want you to shut up.”

Everyone in the back goes silent and I simply stare at the road ahead of us and wish for us to get to Jin Kyoung’s apartment faster.

When we pull up to the curb outside her apartment I jump out of the van with myself wrapped up in my scarf and other winter gear. I rush past the paramedics and surprising enough police officer as I rush into the stairwell and to Jin Kyoung’s floor. I rush to her door to see it open. I run inside to see Mina sitting by her sister’s body.

She’s shaking her sister and she cries out to her, “Jin Kyoung, wake up. Stop faking it, Jin Kyoung wake up. Come on wake up.”

She starts to get more hysteric so I walk over to her and shake her shoulders, “Mi Na, you need to stop that. Jin Kyoung is hurt and the paramedics are on their way up.”

Mi Na nods her head and hugs me, “Yongguk this is entirely your fault. It’s all your fault that my sister is like this. She still loves you, but you had to hurt her then show back up in her life on TV and everything. This is all your fault. Its all your fault that her health took the turn for the worse.”

A police officer comes walks over to us as I lead Mina away from her sister.

He asks us,  “Who found her?”

Mina answers, “I did.”

“Who is he?”

“Bang Yong Guk,” I answer in just as an annoyed tone as the police officer, “I’m friends with the sisters.”

“Arasso, Miss. Lee why did you come by your sister’s home?”

“Can’t a girl visit her sister on a Friday night because she had nothing better to do and missed her baby sister?”

The officer asks Mina, “Miss. Lee, can we speak in private?”

“Whatever you have to say sit you can say it in front of me I did say earlier I’m a family friend.”

“Alright, Miss. Lee when did you get here?” he asks well positioning his pen on his notepad.

“I got here about 15 minutes after 11, I believe?”

“Why did you come so late?”

“My mother called me and said she was worried since my sister didn’t call her back and asked if I would check up on her. Is that all your questions?”

“Yes, for now it will be all.”

I nod my head as I steer her away from the police officer who didn’t even introduce himself all he did was flash his credentials.

“Sorry but we want to go to the hospital now.”

 

I push Mina away and towards the elevators where the 2 paramedics and Jin Kyoung are waiting. We slip into the elevator with them.

I send the guys a message that I’m going to go to the hospital in the ambulance with Mi Na.

Himchan agrees and messages me that he’ll simply see me in the morning if that would be easier for me.  I simply tell him that he should be there with the other members. He agrees and says that the guys need some waking up a bit so he’ll drag them to get coffee and he’ll bring Mina and me some.

As I sit there in the back of the ambulance I hear Mi Na say to me, “I’m sorry Yongguk for what I said earlier.”

I shake my head and let some tears fall from my eyes, “No, you were right. It was my fault. I stressed her and made her worry all the time. Then when she was just trying to be there for me we would fight. This is somehow my fault. I guess I was wrong earlier about seeing a way for a better life being cleared.”

She’s silent just like her sister who’s still laying unmoving in the stretcher they have her in. I sniffle as I try to stop my tears.

“Mi Na, I think I should have just stayed underground and quit being a trainee. Maybe I’d still be with Jin Kyoung and this wouldn’t have happened. Today it marks a year since our break-up. When really after seeing her today it feels more like it was yesterday than 2 years ago we started to date. It’s amazing how time flies.”

Mi Na is silent and I look over to see her biting her lip as she cries.

“Mi Na, are you alright?”

She nods her head, “I’m fine I just remembered something.”

I nod my head, “I remember coming home that night wanting to tell Jin Kyoung that my set date to debut was set. Sure I’d debut with Zelo first then I’d debut with BAP. Isn’t it amazing how you don’t notice all your mistakes until they blow up in my face. I thought I had them all blow up already until now. Now I know I’ve made many more mistakes than I thought.”

Mi Na has a look that I know well that says, ‘just-you-wait.’

What could that mean?












 

The next chapter will be mostly flashback i think. I'll slip in when she wakes up. 

Well I'm off for now hope you liked this chapter.

Please review/ leave a comment for me to know how the story is going