A Deal, Memories, and My Father

Hajima

Your POV

I’m sitting in the van as Yongguk drives me the way to my apartment since I told him I still live there.

When we reach the apartment, I go to grab the door when Yongguk takes my hand in his.

“Jin Kyoung, do you know what today is?”

“I don’t know Yongguk what is today?”

“It’s the day that two years ago that we broke up, the day I had messed up the biggest part of my life.”

“Too bad it doesn’t seem to matter to me anymore.”

“Then why do you still wear my clothes I purposely forgot.”

I reach over and shake him as I start crying, “Shut up, Bang Yong Guk. This is your entire fault. The way that I feel right now that I want to lean over and kiss you, but I can't after you hurt me the way that you did. I was so happy with you but after awhile, I felt sick to my stomach since you never told me when you were going to be late or we had to cancel plans. I always looked like a fool. I couldn’t stand it. I loved you so much and you did that to me.”

“Jin Kyoung, can we at least talk about this?”

I look over at him and nod my head, “Fine. You can come up with me. Just make sure no one notices you I’d hate for that to happen.”

He nods his head covering himself up and lucky for him its winter so he doesn’t looks like a creeper…

Okay so he still somewhat does.

We make it to my apartment and as I open the door Yongguk simply watches me and I feel like it was our first date.

He had stood outside until I had the door closed and locked.

I smile to myself as I open the door and let him inside. He’s seems nervous just like the first time I invited him in.

It was after our first date and he had lost his keys so he had to wait for Himchan to come over to give him the spare keys.

It took Himchan forever so after the first five minutes I invited Yongguk inside to make sure he didn’t freeze his off.

I sigh pushing away the memories of him and I.

I let him sit on my couch and go to make some hot chocolate since I’m thirsty and cold.

I bring out two cups of hot chocolate and set one in front of Yongguk just the way he likes it.

He smiles slightly as he picks it up and takes a small sip of the coco.

“What did you want to talk about?” I ask him.

“Just lets try to be friends since we can't seem to get along. I know you’re just dealing with me because of Jongup and Junhong. I want to try to make this work as hard as possible.”

I nod my head, “I want this to work as well, but Yongguk this is going to be hard on us. This is going to be hard do you understand that. You can’t give people hints that we use to date.”

“We can just agree on that we can try to be friends for the benefit of work.”

I nod my head and look at the ceiling as I take a sip of my hot chocolate and smile slightly when I feel it slide smoothly down my throat without it melting my whip cream I put on top of it.

I smile to myself as I hum a slight song in my head.

“Remember the first time we had time like this?” Yongguk asks me.

I nod my head, “Yeah, I remember you had lost or forgot your keys so you had to call Himchan to bring you your spare set.”

“Actually, I purposely forgot them because I wanted to spend more time with you. I was afraid that I’d be busy again so I didn’t want to lose anytime I got with you with training and that I knew it can get pretty hectic.”

My phone starts to play a ringtone by AJ Rafael ‘Without You.’

I smile as I answer the phone, “Hey appa how are you?”

Yongguk stands there looking at me as I talk to my father.

“No, appa I’m fine I just got a new long term job.”

“Really what are you doing?” my father kindly asks me.

“Oh I’m a tutor for 2 teenagers at TS Entertainment.”

“Isn’t that where your ex works?”

“Yes, that’s where he works. I’ve run into him. How come you remember?”

“Oh it was one day you needed a ride home because it was late at night and he was still practicing.”

“Oh I remember that day it was because he would never eat well practicing so I brought him dinner. I made him eat it and he was worried about me so he made me call you and then call him when I made it home safe.”

I smile sweetly as I remember the fond memory that I have when I was dating Yongguk.

I had loved being with him for every second.

He was there holding onto me until my father had arrived that was the first time Yongguk had met my father and they had got along so well.

“Sweetheart can you make things up with Yongguk-ah and go out with him again?”

“Appa,” I screech embarrassed, “What if I told you I agreed to be his friend again?”

“Then you two better work things out. I want grandchildren.”

I choke on my own spit surprised by my father’s own words wanting to reach down and clutch my stomach to keep the bile down as I scream, “Appa.”

He laughs and apologizes to me, “I’m sorry sweetie.”

I nod my head smiling, “Sorry dad but I have some work I need to finish up on.”

“Alright take care.”

“Bye dad,” I hang up the phone and slip it back into my pocket.

I look at Yongguk and he smiles, “I’ll see you tomorrow if you ever need a ride just give our manager a call. You better get finished with your homework or else we’ll all feel bad if you get behind on your work.”

I nod my head. Yongguk carries his cup of cocoa to the door with him and takes the last drink out of it so its empty. He wraps himself up in his winter wear and takes step out of the door.

I shut it and lock it after that I hear Yongguk footsteps retreat.

He never changes he’d make sure I’d lock the door every time he leaves he’d wait until I’d lock the door behind him even when he would be in a hurry.

I smile sweetly at my fond memories of him ignoring the worst memories of the fights we had and the worst one of all the day I threw him out.

He never knew this but that was the day I had a miscarriage and lost our baby.

I’ll never tell him since I was barely a few weeks along.

What was the point?

Its been 2 years now.

I still remember the doctor that told me that it was a miscarriage due to stress. I had to take a week off for medical leave since I was depressed.

Only person in my life that knew this fact is my mother and I think even my father cause for a while he’d speak badly of Yongguk but even then I’d still defend him.