Missing Him and that’s my Problem

Hajima

Your POV

I pull myself out of bed messing up my hair. I look to my right and sigh when I see an empty bed. It’s been awhile since Yongguk and I broke up. It started because he got more focused on training and rapping then me, his girlfriend well I guess now more ex girlfriend. He missed important dates so after dating him for a year when he forgot our anniversary I broke it off with him. He had missed my birthday and twenty dates. I kept making excuses but after that, I lost my temper. It’s been over a year since we broke up but I still miss him.

I pull myself out of bed and look at myself. Looking at how I keep wearing the T-shirt he forgot here. He forgot a few others so when I start missing him I take one of the shirts and dress just in it and lay down on the couch watching a bad war film just like we use to.

I ignore my phone that keeps ringing nonstop. Still I should answer it to see if I have to go to work today since the teacher I work with is stupid and doesn’t understand what a day off means.

I sigh when I see that she is in the hospital for a stupid stunt she played.

I sigh for the millionth time, “She’s going to get herself killed one of these days.”

I dress in a simple dress that makes me look like the student teacher that I am.

I sigh when I make my way to the school and I enter it.

s-FmrKSlkIt-2HjYoTgBpRY5xd0d3im42djfvt3o

I easily carry in my planner and folder on the class smiling at everyone.

I enter and bow to everyone, “Hello.”

I call out to them and they look my way. I see different looks from everyone but there’s a set of eyes that confused me where he looks like he knows me.

This class is new to me.

I see a group of kids playing with their IPods and I walk over to them and take it away to see an article that they were reading on Bang Yongguk lead rapper of BAP.

I simple walk to my desk and toss the IPod on top of the desk as a group of girls point to a dazed looking boy that won’t stop looking at me.

I look at the list of names on the rooster and I think I found the kid’s name, “Choi Jun Hong!”

He looks shocked and looks my way as I walk to his desk.

“Is there some reason that you keep staring at my face that way?”

“Aniyo… Well kind of…”

“What reason would that be?”

“You look like hyung’s ex girlfriend he keeps talking about. I think he’s still in love with her.”

I nod my head and point at him, “I don’t want to catch you staring again.” I make my way to the front again, “Alright where did your teacher leave off yesterday?”

One of the girls in the class raises her hand telling me she’s probably the smart student from the way she’s dressed.

“We were on page 395 talking about regular and irregular adverbs.”

I nod my head, “Thank you.”

There’s knocking at the door and I turn around to see the substitute for the original teacher walk in with a group of guys walking behind him.

“I’m sorry I was late. Choi Junhong your hyungs are here to take you to practice… I asked the principal and he says that you can take Miss. Sin Jin Kyoung with you since she’s aced all the subjects in school so when you have free time she will make sure you are kept up to date on your studies.”

I sigh and look at the door to see Bang Yongguk standing there staring at me looking like he’s going to faint which is odd because that’s how I feel inside. Still I act like I don’t’ care and I have no idea who he is. I do this by flipping some hair out of my face, push past the flabbergasted male, and walk through the hall to the front doors.

Someone grabs my hand and I look back to see that it’s Yongguk, “Jin Kyoung.”

I have missed how he would say my name in a hurt child like voice.

It had always made my heart melt.

I push him away from me and give him my hardest glare, “I’m only going to help Choi Jun Hong with school. If you even look at me I will pick up my things and leave are we understood Bang Yongguk.”

“Jin Kyoung.”

I shake my head ignoring him, “You are not even to speak to me are we understood.”

“But Jin Kyoung just let me explain something.”

I shake my head and give him a harder glare, because there’s something that he’ll never understand and I hope he’ll never know.

I grind through my teeth, “No, there’s something you need to understand Bang Yongguk just cause you knew me before the debut doesn’t mean that either of us are the same person that we were when we dated. If anything I hope you changed a lot about your attitude about dating.”

I turn away from him and walk outside. I stop and take a deep breath to keep myself from breaking down. I lean up against a pole and put my hand to my chest calming my breath taking in deep breathes.

“I finally said that to Yongguk. I finally said what I’ve been wanting to say,” though I did leave out a lot more.

I almost lose it but when I hear the doors open, again I see Choi Jun Hong pestering Yongguk until he spots me against a pole, and runs over to me.

“Noona how do you and hyung know each other?”

I give him a look and he backs away.

I write something down, hand him the piece of paper, and give him a hard glare, “Here’s my number I will stop by when you have spare time but I don’t think it’s a good idea to ride in the van with Bang Yong Guk. So I will stop by the studio where you guys practice later and hopefully they will know I’m supposed to be there.”

The kid shakes his head and calls over another kid that looks around his age and they pick me up and carry me to the van. I don’t’ kick and scream like most would I simply groan and let them since they have a nice grip on me more worried about possible lawsuits that I can’t really afford to happen.

I sit in the van with awkward silence.

I see Himchan staring at me and I wonder if I look the same as last time, we saw each other.

I mean Yongguk and I broke up last June or was it last May…

“Jin Kyoung,” I look up and look at Himchan he smiles and jumps over hugging me, “Jin Kyoung it’s really you. I thought I’d never see you again. How long has it been?”

I give him a hard glare and he slowly goes back to his seat as I answer him, “None of your business Himchan.”

“Ja, that guy there wouldn’t tell me what happened after all the he put me through and you are acting just the same.”

I look at him, lift my eyebrow, and scream in his face, “Yeah and you have no idea of what kind of BS I had to go through when we broke up.”

Himchan looks at Yongguk and then yells back at me, “And you have no idea what kind of BS he had to go through when you broke up with him.”

I almost want to hit Himchan instead Daehyun I think he said his name was pulled me to sit down and give everyone a hard look, “How about some music?”

He turns on some music and I sigh and sit there messing with my phone that I’ve had since Yongguk and I were together. My wallpaper is still the same picture of a giant white teddy bear that Yongguk had won for me at a carnival. I play with my phone until I feel someone touch my hand. I look up to see that it’s Daehyun again. He smiles at me and starts rambling on about little nothings that rather make me laugh since food keeps being mentioned. I remember that I have some pocky in my bag so I pull the box out and open it.

I see a bunch of eyes on me and I stuff the box into my jacket, “Mine.”

I see Yongguk smile sadly, as he looks out the window. He must remember my love for the snack still I shrug, pull out a pocky, and start munching on it. I start happily humming a song that I remember well ‘Please Marry Me’ a song that Yongguk had made me listen to before we broke up.  I keep moving my head back and forth until I hear the driver person say that we are there. I sigh and pull my hood of my beyond baggy sweatshirt that I hope Yongguk doesn’t recognize.

I play with the drawstrings of the sweatshirt as I sit down at a table with Choi Jun Hong, Zelo; Jongup comes over and sits with us dropping his schoolbooks on the table making a loud noise. I sigh, start going over the work with them, and almost hit them for being idiots but Himchan does that for me so they get no abuse from me.

I sigh when after an hour they call them over to practice. I go to pack thing up but I’m told I should just stay because they don’t practice as long as everyone else.

I sigh and sit there watching as they practice their dance for Hajima. I nod my head listening to them sing and rap.  When Yongguk’s parts start, only a few seconds into the song I look down and hide my tears.

“Excuse me,” I say very fast as I make my way from the room.

I run to the bathroom and take a deep breathe. I had heard what the song was about but hearing it well watching Yongguk keep his eyes on me well he practices is too much. I sit down and pull my knees to my chest. I keep crying until I hear Zelo knocking on the bathroom stall.

“Noona. Noona open the door. Noona what’s wrong?” his voice sounds so worried that his worry makes me angry at myself which brings me down.

I slowly pull myself together and open the door to see Zelo tower over me.

I sigh walking into the hall only to realize that I’ll have to face Yongguk.

I sigh and slide down the hallway wall.

“Noona are you okay?”

“Zelo can you keep a secret?”