Baby Be Mine [Chapter2]

Baby Be Mine

 

Chapter 2

 

“Aiden baby! We’re going to celebrate your birthday today, aren’t you excited?” I kissed his chubby cheeks.

 

“Everyone’s here already” That’s Siwon. He came towards me and Aiden and then leaned in forward to kiss Aiden.

 

“Happy Birthday my son” smiled him. I smiled too. It’s a good feeling, how I wish it’d last. Siwon then lean forward again, and I really thought he would kiss Aiden for the second time, but then his lips landed on mine. It was just a peck. But still I smiled. He’s my boyfriend after all.

 

“You shouldn’t do that in front of Aiden! It’s inappropriate!” glared me, though I still smile

 

“He’s just one! And he looked sideways!” said him. I just smile. I know that, I just want to .

 

“Ok then, let’s get outside.”

 

We went outside to find our family, both my parents and Siwon’s, my very bestfriend, Sungmin and some Siwon’s  friends.  I smiled again, I think I smiled a lot today.

 

                ‘Happy Birthday to you

                Happy birthday to you

                Happy birthday to Aiden

                Happy birthday to you’

 

We sang to my baby, and he giggled and smiled ever so beautifully, and his eyes shone so bright and full of love. That reminds me of Donghae. All Aiden’s features scream of Donghae. He looks just like his dad, his real dad. How can Siwon not seen it?

 

I snapped out of my wonders when Aiden suddenly kiss me on the cheek, of course it was Siwon who made him. I just smile and kiss my baby back. Then all of us enjoy the day talking and pampering Aiden.

 

Aiden is with Siwon, looking so cute with his new gift, a dumper truck, given by Siwon’s parents on his lap, while Siwon handsomely talk to his friends. I turned around only to find Sungmin staring at me. Ahh I miss him too. I marched towards him on the couch

 

“Heyyy Minnie!” I hugged him. It’s been so long. We should our private time too!

 

“You look happy” beamed Sungmin

 

“Of course I am”

 

The rest of our conversation involves Aiden, Siwon, my life and also his life. He’s a secretary of a giant communication company in Seoul, I couldn’t remember it, but we met on one of the high tea held back then when I was still working as Donghae’s secretary.

 

When the party’s over, and we cleaned the house, it’s not that messy though. Siwon carried Aiden, who had been asleep to his room and I went to the kitchen for some water. Leaning up against the refrigerator, I remembered the conversation I shared with Sungmin just now.

 

“Have you heard?” I frowned, what did I miss?

 

“Heard what?”

 

“About Donghae?”

 

Silence.

 

“Oh, you haven’t heard then” he said

 

Apart from Siwon, only Sungmin knows about the relationship I had with Donghae – if you can call it that. There were rumors in the industry when I quit working for him so suddenly, but no one knows for sure what happened. I shouldn’t have told Sungmin, but I couldn’t help myself.

 

I might say I hate Donghae, but still I can’t help myself to know more about him, now. Psychotic me!

 

“Tell me” I urged him, dread seeping into the pit of my stomach.

 

He cut to the chase. “ He’s dating again”

 

My heart jumps. Ouch, that hurts!

 

“Oh” I should’ve say anything, anything else but that. That sounds pathetic! Stupid me!

 

“Are you ok?” Sungmin asked me, his voice’s quite hesitant.

 

I masked a smile.

 

“I’m fine. Nothing to do with me” I tried real hard to assure him

 

“I know you don’t mean that” he said gently

 

“Just stop it, Minnie” I warned him

 

“He’s alright now, in case you want to know”

 

“I don’t?”

 

“I know you Hyuk”

 

“Just stop. Please” I plead, I can’t continue this or I might pour everything out

 

“Okay then” he sighed

 

I took a large gulp of the cold water and finished it. I washed the mug and put it on the drier.

I was startled when someone hugged me from behind, but then I knew it was Siwon. I mean, who else?

 

I ran my hand on top of his on my waist, he kissed my right cheek, where he puts his head on my shoulder.

 

“You seem to space out a lot”

 

“Did I?”

 

“Hmmm. We should go to sleep. I know you’re tired”

 

“ That sounds good”

 

We went to out room with him still hugging me from behind. Isn’t this romantic? I smiled

 

                   -------------------------------♥-------------------------------

 

The following days went quite well, and I must say I feel contented with my small family. Today, Siwon and I sit by the pool drinking iced lemonade. We took Aiden for a walk in his buggy earlier and now he’s asleep. I still had my baby monitor with me, in case he’s awake. It’s not that I don’t trust the maid, but hey, I’m that protective over my baby!

 

“This is bliss” he says

 

“Definitely” I agreed, tilting my head back and gazing up at the blue sky. It’s been tipping it down in Seoul for these past few days and I found it real lovely.

 

“When are you going away again?” I pop my sunglasses and turn to face him.

 

“I’m not sure” he replied, not looking at me. “ Might be soon”

 

I frowned “ How soon?”

 

“There’ll be some new project that the company got and I should probably be there for that, maybe by the end of this week”

 

“Please tell me you’re joking” I exclaimed.

 

“Sadly I’m not. Sorry, Hyuk”

 

“For pity’s sake!” I exploded. “ You’ve just got back!”

 

“I know. But I have to do this. I’m so sorry, Hyuk” he pleaded

 

“Whatever” I reply, not bother even a little by his pleading voice. I’m so pissed, please know that.

 

I’m about to stand up and storm inside when he puts his hand out to stop me.

 

“I’m really really sorry, Hyuk” He gets to his feet and went through the backdoor and came back with some megazines.

 

I sighed. I know what’s that. His job. The thing I hate the most. Not that hate, but yeah. Sighed again

 

“These are the business magazines. Why don’t you take a look?” and he dumps them on my lap.

 

I lean forward, riffle through the stack. Most of them are serious business journals, and I hate that, not that I understand any of it. But then I come to an addictively trashy section in this magazine, the popular businessman quiz, for fun, of course. My heart jumps, as it always does when I read these sorts of things. But I’ll try not to do this very often.

 

“Mind if I borrow this one?” I asked

 

“Of course not” Siwon replies

 

I lean back on my seat, crouching further down the chair, as if I can, to get far away from Siwon. I’m nervous as I turn the pages, barely reading the content. Then, I came to a double page feature:

 

                                                WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG…….

                                            Match the businessman to their childhood picture!

 

Ohh, I love these quizzes!

And my heart stops!

Aiden. There’s the picture of my baby there.

No, that’s not Aiden. I quickly scan the tiny headshots of the businessman running along the bottom of the page immediately found what I’m looking for.

 

Lee Donghae. Lee Donghae as a child looks identical to my son.

 

I feel blood draining from my face as my eyes move towards Siwon, reading the other magazine silently beside me, while sipping his lemonade.

 

“D-do you think I can borrow this?” I held up the magazine

 

“What for?”

 

“Interested?” I fake a toothy smile

 

“Sure”

 

“Thank you. I think I’m going to go inside, and look after Aiden” he nodded. Fuueewwwhh!

 

I hurry into the house and went straight to my bedroom. I opened my closet and hide the magazine there. I hope nobody would find out. I sat on my bed. Sigh again.

 

Lee Donghae is one of the world’s most recognized businessman in the industry. He’d barely turned twenty before he involved himself into the business, taking over his older brother’s position as the Vice President of the Lee Corp. And from there, he began his journey successfully and all shots of him are taken, even I sometimes think that he’s a real celebrity.

 

As for my part in all this – well, before I was damn stupid to mix business with pleasure. I worked for Donghae as his personal assistant. Occasionally I can still remember the excitement I felt when I got the job, how thrilling it was to tell Sungmin that I’ll be working for Donghae in Seoul. We even threw a small party, just the two of us, but hey, it was enough, since he’s the only friend I got.

 

I met Siwon when I was working with Donghae, he’d known him since childhood. They went to school together, lived close to each other in their hometown in Gangnam, and were bestfriend until Donghae was stupid enough to sleep with Siwon’s girlfriends, and that was before me. They eventually patched up things and that’s how they became really close if I may say, definitely stick together friend now, since they are in the same industry.

 

I liked Siwon almost instantly. He was such a good guy, not like Donghae, who treated women  appallingly yet they still coming back for more. Maybe I’m included in that groupies, except that I’m a man. It’s so hard to resist him. His dirty blond hair and beautiful brown eyes you could be captivated almost instantly, and not to forget his charming smile. It’s not that hard to understand how I feel for him.

 

But something happened and everything crashed and burned between us. I went to Siwon, whom apparently had feelings for me for a long time, and we step into each other.

 

I like Siwon dearly, I don’t need to convince myself for that. There’s no words of love for me, after Donghae, but that doesn’t mean I can’t treasure anyone, right? Am I still in love with Donghae? Somewhere deep inside me is still connected to him, and I will never be able to disconnect it. Because my son is his son. Aiden is our son.

 

I clutched my heart, feeling that not so warm feeling, ahh it’s sad! Before I could reciprocate my feeling more, I heard Aiden’s cry and I hurried to his room.  

 

And the rest of the day went well as usual, except that my heart keeps beating at an abnormal rate, and I pray hard to God that nothing bad will happen in this meantime.

A/N: Is this okay?? Sorry for any grammatical errors, can't help it! Comment me kay? I love youss :))