Adjustments

Still Alive

"Get off of me dog!" 

Noa struggled to keep the animal from polluting her face with slobber, barely awake. Untimely barking caused her to scold his irrational behavior. "Keep quiet. You're going to wake him up.." She assumed he was still sleeping at least, he had passed out so quick the night before.  She  squinted at the clock standing on the dresser. 

11:05 a.m

 

"God," she mumbled," I was just as exhausted. Look how late I slept." Pulling the sheets away, she stood up from the mattress, stretching her arms as she proceeded to leave the room.  She didn't notice the path she was going, and found herself running into someone.

"Ah, Ji! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" 

 The corners of his mouth formed into a smile as he nodded. Noa sighed, " Well, you're up at least. You were out cold when I finished cleaning up last night. Did you sleep well?" Nodding a second time, he focused his attention on the little dog circlling his feet. Noa giggled," I think he likes you." Ji knelt down, scooping the furball up in his arms, scratching the back of his ears. She looked on in amazement as he managed to make her dog so relaxed. She took a hand and began her dog's curly fur.  " You like how he's being so good to you, hm?" she cooed.  Looking up , she was suprisingly met with Ji's gaze; His chocolate brown eyes sincerly looking into hers. Noa smiled, for she could tell he was content with where he was. It was only going to get better for him, as she was sure she'd be the one to help him regain his memory. When would that be though? 

__________________________________________________________________________

"Yeoboseyo?" 

"Jo? It's Noa. I was wondering if I could ask you a favor?

"Ah yes, what would that be?"

"Do you happen to have any extra clothes lying around?"

 

Noa stood by the phone, twisting the cord around her finger as she continued her conversation with Mr. Jo. Why clothes, he would ask, but she just said to come to the house, revealing no more information. Ji stood nearby, listening to her colorful voice as she spoke, observing her facial expressions while pausing to listen to the other line.  It was fascinating to him, to watch her speak. How her face would brighten at something wonderful, and times when the smiles would fade,  seeing  the sadness appear through her eyes. Like rise and fall of tide,  a constant cycle.  

"Please try to get out here as soon as your done with your work. It's very important. I'll see you soon." 

Noa hung up, raking a hand through her black locks as she tried to de-stress herself.  Jo would soon be involved , and her mind was battling to decide whether letting him in on it would be a mistake. She needed to provide something, and Jo had what she needed. Having work relations with the government, who knows what they'd do if he said a word. Noa had to keep positive thoughts though. She was going to do all she could. 

 

"A friend of mine is going to stop by soon. He's going to help us."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Short chapter I know! It's late and I had to fit in time to write a new chapter. It's main lesson week at my school and I have so much work to cram in as well as studying for an exam before I go on break. But I'll try to update whenever I have time. It is now almost 2 a.m and I must sleeep. Tell me what you think ! Untill the next update! 

 

Cheriamb