Epilogue

Still Alive

"I was lost somewhere, I didn't know where exactly. But It was dark and cold. I was worried, I couldn't find you. I called for you, but you never came, leaving me all by myself in this empty space I was stranded in. All I felt was sadness..this deep lingering pain, that no matter how hard I tried, it would not let me be."

"I came back for you Noella. That was my purpose. It gave us a second chance at life, a chance to be together again." 

"But I was dying. How did this all happen?"

"It's not like the world stops and disappears forever. No matter what, everything will be reborn, We just might look a bit different when we're brought back, the familiar faces we knew before,  will still be with us now." 

It'll just take time..

Their heads perked up as they saw a peculiar sight. Slowly, the dark colors of the sky had begun to fade, the red giant in the sky began to glow bright as the greys faded away. Light poured down on their smiling faces, realizing the change that had begun. It was as if Jiyong spoke magic, for the sun began to shine again. The snow glistened as the light reflected off it's surface. Noella too, was smiling at the big ball of light hovering in the sky. She seemed to have this new glow to her, convincing him that she was now truly happy. 

_____________________________________________________

July, 17th, 2045

There may be no signs of life from out here, but I'm with a very special person, and he's all that I need to keep me going. Things are going to get better, I can feel it. The air has turned warm, the sky clear. Now that the ice has melted, I can live life again. 

Noella and Jiyong walked through the fields, a slight breeze blowing the tall grass they stepped through. "Can I ask you something?" She asked. "Hm." "Is this how it's going to be forever, Mr. Kwon?" She leaned against his chest, letting him wrap his arms around her waist. "If it took me a lifetime to find you again, I'm pretty sure of the right answer." "No matter how far of a lifetime you are away from me, I'll always remember my love for you." Jiyong smiled, holding her close in his arms, as he rocked her back and forth. The quiet wind echoed in his ears as he looked into the distance. 

Things will get better. We just need to give it time. For now we can just sit and enjoy the beauty of life,  and accept whatever lies in the future ahead. 

 

 But one thing I can promise you. 

Now and forever.

You will always be

my heaven.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you so much for commenting and subscribing to my story! I had a wonderful time writing it and seeing that you all were enjoying it! Unfortunately, it must come to it's end, and Noella and Jiyong have to say goodbye :c I will be working on more stories in the future, hopefully with more scifi. Who knows? Maybe Noella and Jiyong will come back in another fanfic! Again, thank you so much and I hope you enjoyed Still Alive! 

 

Cheriamb