Chapter 21 - Daejae: The Beginning

Breaking From Seclusion

Author's note: Merry Christmas for those who celebrate! Thank you for reading, it means a lot to me. I hope everyone has a happy holiday season!

On another note, I can finish this story in a few more chapters BUT I have more ideas to continue it, so if you want me to keep on going I can. Let me know down below. The only thing is, the transition might seem a little strange. BUT LIKE I SAID LET KNOW!

Happy Holidays everyone! Much Love!




The next two weeks flew by, and things were getting back into full swing. Class was torture to say the least, and I couldn’t wait to be finished… well actually I could. I was scared; scared to finish. What would become of Yongguk and I upon finishing the intensive? W-would he leave me? W-w-would we be forced to leave each other? What would happen to our relationship if we stayed together? Could we handle being separated? What would happen to Zelo and Jongup? Could they handle splitting up?

These are some of the many reasons I didn’t want the intensive to end, because we lived in a fantasy land where we could all be together and not have to worry about school come fall… But in reality, we had 3 weeks left… 3 weeks left… Only 3… that’s… that’s only 21 more days left together! Not even a full month!

Calm down Himchan… Calm down.

But besides that, we were all doing fine. We had come upon a ritual of meeting in Daehyun’s single unit dorm after class, because it was the largest. It even had a small kitchen unit in it! Yongguk would pick me up from class and together we’d walk over to his dorm. Daehyun would already be there, and I would start cooking dinner for the kids. Then Jongup would pick Zelo up from class and they would come over to join us. We were like a dysfunctional family of gay boys… though Yongguk and Daehyun hated being dubbed “gay”. I found it hilarious. Also Yongguk got annoyed when I said “boys” too; he would say “Damnit Himchan! I’m a in man!” Aish…So cute…

But today was just like any day, Youngguk had picked me up from class and we just walked into Daehyun’s spacious dorm.

“Aye Dae!” Yongguk high fived Daehyun as we walked in and I gave a smile.

“Hey” he greeted.

I made my way over to the kitchen portion of the studio dorm as Yongguk put his and my bag (Yongguk always carried my school bag) down on the small chair next to tiny table that somehow the five of us all fit at at the end the day.

“What do you boys want for dinner?”

“Men” Yongguk’s deep voice corrected me.

I rolled my eyes, “What do you want to eat?”

“Can we just eat ramyun?” Daehyun suggested.

“Aniyo! You need nutritional value! Ramyun is unhealthy!”

“But I like ramyun…”

“How about I make a chicken salad?”

“Sounds good baby” Yongguk grinned.

Instantly I reached down to the mini fridge and pulled out a package of chicken and got to work. I started with rinsing the meat and cutting off the fat. Then I-

“It really turns me on when you cook for me baby” Yongguk’s sensual voice traveled down my ear down my back from a mere whisper into my ear. He firmly grabbed my waist, making me arch my back straight onto .

 “I wanna so bad right now…” I heard Yongguk grin.

“Yah! You two get a damn room!” Daehyun screamed.

“YAH!-

Right then the door opened revealing a peppy looking Zelo and cheerful Jongup holding hands.

“Kids!” I clapped trying to make the argument and my a distant memory.

“Eomma, appa!” Zelo ran to Yongguk and I taking us in his embrace.

“Hey kid” Yongguk ruffled Zelo’s hair.

“Dae Dae!” Zelo ran to Daehyun who got another bone crushing hug.

“Alright alright alri-”

*knock knock*

We all stole a glance from one another, questioning the presence at the door.

“Who the hell?” Daehyung walked over to the door, the rest of us looking over in question.

The door opened at a glacial pace, enhancing the suspense.

“Daehyunnie! Are you-” the cute boy with chubby cheeks that I met the second day I arrived walked into the room, “I… I’m sorry I didn’t mean to interrupt anything” he pouted.

This boy was cute to say the least.

“You didn’t! Uh… guys this is Youngjae. You’ve all been introduced before but for memories sake-” Daehyun was cut off by a rather chirp voice.

“I’m Zelo! This is my Jonguppie! He’s mine…” he clarified putting his hands on his hips resembling me entirely too much, “can I call you hyung?”

“O-of course!” Youngjae smiled.

“This is Yongguk” I introduced and Yongguk waved, “I’m Kim Himchan”

“Yongguk is appa and Himchan is eomma” Zelo said in the most serious tone.

Youngjae giggled, and Daehyun covered his face in embarrassment.

“Alrig-”

“Will you join us for dinner? It’s nothing special but we are going to have chicken salad” I cut Daehyun off purposely.

“I-”

“It’s great to have you Youngjae” Yongguk almost forced Youngjae of staying. It was glad to know my man and I were thinking on the same page: operation Daejae commence.

Daehyun sighed; “come sit” he pulled up a chair for Youngjae.

“Gomawo, Daehyunnie” he blushed.

Daehyunnie!? So cute… I almost squealed but I had to refrain. I examined the two; there was no way Youngjae didn’t have feelings for Daehyun. It was just a question of why he lied to him about the topic in question.

“You know Daehyun hyung is really strong” Zelo said giggling. He too was trying to egg on Youngjae… That’s my boy.

“Zelo stop!” Daehyun whispered though force of anger was streaming through.

“But he’s also being capable of being sensitive when you need it” I smiled.

“Himchan!”

“And he’s really good at in” Yongguk laughed.

Daehyun smacked his forehead as the rest of the room laughed except for Youngjae whose face turned a deep plum color.

“Sorry… They’re a handful” Daehyun rubbed his temples.

Youngjae just sat there giggling. He seemed to be a quiet boy.

“Got a girlfriend?” Yongguk asked, alternative motives pushing the question.

“HYUNG!”

The cute boy shook his head ignoring Daehyun’s scream at Yongguk, “My father wants me too, but-” he looked towards Daehyun blushing even more, “I-I don’t really want to”

Yongguk nodded, understanding exactly what I understood: the reason Youngjae rejected Daehyun was because of his father not by the fact that he didn’t like Daehyun.

“Gotta boyfriend?” Zelo bit his lip making Jongup chuckle.

Youngjae looked towards the ground and shook his head, obviously uncomfortable with the question. He shifted slightly in his seat.

“Hyung, it’s fine to date a boy. Look at all us!” Zelo giggled.

Youngjae lifted his head, and he gave a genuine smile as he examined the room, “I g-guess you’re right”

 

Dinner was nice. The six of us crammed at the table. There were only five chairs, so I gladly gave up mine to sit on Yongguk’s lap. After words, we all made our way to the park via Zelo’s request, to chat and continue the night’s fun.

“Jonguppie! Let’s go play tag!” Zelo looked towards Daehyun and pushed him slightly, “Dae Dae and Youngjae hyung you’re playing too… and Dae Dae is it!” He and Jongup ran off giggling.

Youngjae looked at Daehyun, “Yeah you’re it Daehyunnie” Youngjae ran to join in the giggles and taunts of the two youngest.

“Yah!” Daehyun chased after the three.

“Yah, be careful!” I screamed after them.

“Yes eomma!” Zelo giggled.

Yongguk then took my hand as led me to the bench, “Our kids are the best”

I rested my head on his shoulder watching the four nodding, “We do Gukkie…”