Chapter 16 - Reality Happened

Breaking From Seclusion

Later that night, after we fell asleep, I felt a shift in weight that woke me up. I opened my eyes; coming to me senses, I looked to my left to see Yongguk tossing and turning, sweat dripping down his face. I instantly began to worry as I reach for his glistening body, but before I touched him:

“Him…chan” he groaned.
I didn’t understand so I waited to hear more.

“ y-yeah baby”

My face burnt… was he having a… s- dream about… m-m-me?

With his body facing towards the mattress, his hips began to th-! I didn’t even know what to do. Honeslty I felt guilty. Yongguk and I never finished whatever we started. I always got him riled up, but he never… received. To add to it, he is one of the most ual men I know. It’s sad that he has to let his ual frustration out in a dream, if I was a good boyfriend this wouldn’t be happening. I should be giving his dream a reality…

I sighed as he stopped ing and rolled over, muffling something while snores erupted from his deep voice.

S- needed to happen, for Gukkie’s sake. I trusted him, I loved him, he deserved it… no he needed it. It was time to stop being so selfish and give Yongguk… well… me…

I looked around our paradise and felt the magic I initially felt drive through me. This was the place… I knew it… I knew it was going to happen here, I just didn’t know when. I was going to lose my ity in paradise to Yongguk.

Finally coming to a final decision, I smiled and found home next to my sleeping prince. I giggled observing his usual position of being sprawled across the sheets drooling, typical Yongguk.

“I love you” I whispered as I drifted off.

 

 

Hours went by before I woke up, but when I did awake, the sun was shining brightly through our curtains.

“Mmmm” I moaned as I stretched. I reached for my phone:

 

2 Missed Text Messages

 

Then I looked at the time:

 

11:24am

 

“What?!” I instantly propped myself up, “Gukkie we slept in!”

“Ehhhh…” he flipped over.

“Gukkie!”

“Baby lets go back to sleep… I didn’t sleep well” he said groggily covering his face with a pillow.

That’s when I remember him tossing and turning in the night… because of me.

Sighing, I checked the messages on my phone

 

From Zelo:

Eomma can we go to the mall?! I wanna go shopping! Please

 

From Zelo:

Hyungie are you up?!

 

I smiled, at how cute Zelo was.

“Get up Gukkie, we need to take our boy to the mall” I told Yongguk.

“ehhh” he grunted in return.

He scratched his bum and grunted again.

“You’re so lazy!” I whined getting up, and I headed towards the bathroom to get ready.

After spending an hour in the bathroom, “primping”, as Yongguk would say,  I opened the door, the scent of my perfume clouded out into the bedroom making Yongguk twitch.

“Yah… how can you leave me with wearing that y perfume? You should be right here next to me” Yongguk grinned his gummy smile.

“Pig”

“Chet…” Yongguk scoffed.

“Gukkieee?” I trailed off nervous of asking the next question.

“What?” his face back in the pillow, the sounds muffling across the room.

“C-can I have some m-money for the mall?” I felt really strange asking this question like a housewife asking her working husband for spending money.

Yongguk flipped over to the bed stand table and pulled out a wad of cash handing it to me, “Have fun” he grinned.

I unraveled the wad of cash…

300,000 Won?!

“YONGGUK!... Th-this is t-too much! I can’t!”

“Well I’d spend it on you anyway. I love you. I would rather you have it and enjoy your time out” Yongguk smiled then frowned, “Are you gonna be okay without me?”

He was referring to my anxiety, but honestly I think I would be fine.  I think it finally fading again.

“Ne…”

“Come over here”

I obeyed and walked over to the edge of the bed. Instantly he reached over and pulled me on top of him resulting in a rather girlish scream… from my end.

“YONGUUUUK! I JUST GOT DRESSED!”

He laughed, I didn’t find it funny, “Stay with me” he whined. The thing about Yongguk was; he had the worst and least amount of aegyo. In result, making him the cutest thing ever. I had issues telling him no.

“I-I promised the boys I would go”

“Aish… boyfriend abuse… you’re really good at abusin me you know Channie?”

I knew all too well, I sighed.

“Hey don’t take it seriously… I was kiddin babe” Yongguk grabbed me in comfort.

I stood up, releasing myself from his warm embrace, “No, I’ll treat you better Bang Yongguk, I promise”

He had the strangest, most confused look across his face.

“Himchan… I was joking”

He might have been, but I wasn’t.

“Get some sleep, I know you’re tired. I’ll see you when I get back” I said as I walked out of the bedroom.

 

 

In the mall, Zelo and I led Jongup and Daehyun as we made our way through the stores. Daehyun seemed indifferent while I could tell Jongup was about to explode. It was just a matter of when.

“Hyung! Isn’t this sweater awesome?!” Zelo ran up to Jongup from out of the changing room twirling around in circles.

“IT’S AWESOME!!!!” he screamed gaining disapproving looks from others in the store.

“Hyung hyung hyung!” Zelo pulled on Jongup’s sweater.

This was it… the veins in Jongup’s forehead pulsed.

“ZELO! STOP!” Jongup stood up and screamed. He aggressively pulled off Zelo’s sweater overhead and threw it like a baseball pitcher towards the couch. A loud thud echoed across the store as the older pulled the younger out of the store. Daehyun and I followed.

“Zelo… you are driving me in insane! I was actually really excited to spend this trip with you, but you’ve been nagging me ever since we got here! ‘Hyung lets do this, Hyung lets do that! Hyung look at me!’” Jongup mocked. Zelo’s eyes watered as Jongup continued, “I’m ing tired! I’m trying to keep up with you but I can’t! Last night you begged me to stay up with you to play video games so I did… TILL ING 6am! When we finally got to sleep, you woke me up 4 hours later to go shopping at this damn mall and here we are! You’re bouncing around the walls embarrassing not only myself, but you’re bothering everyone else in the mall! GOD DAMNIT ZELO! I IN CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE! GROW UP!” Jongup threw his arms out in frustration as he walked away from the now sobbing Zelo.

Personally, I would have smacked Jongup across the face for hurting my son like that… but I know… I know Zelo needs to grow up and protecting him from a perfect valid reason (on Jongup’s part) wouldn’t have been good. All I could do was pick up the pieces.

I hurriedly ran to my baby, “Shhh… it’s okay… shhh” I cooed wrapping Zelo in my arms.

“I-I-I j-ju-just wan-wanted to ha-ave fun hyung!” Zelo cried.

“I know… I know” I kissed his red cheek gently which seemed to calm down to massive amounts of tears that were currently flowing.

“D-did Jonguppie ju-just b-b-b-b-break up with me?” Zelo’s eyes shook even more at the mere thought.

“Aniyo… he just needs some time… Give him time Zelo” I whispered picking both of us off the ground.

Daehyun walked to my side allowing Zelo to walk in front of us while he bowed, “Mianhae hyungs… I’ll grow up” Sorrow hung deep in his voice.

Daehyun and I exchanged a worried look, but let it go as Zelo headed towards the food court.

We followed him and found a table to sit at.

“I’m getting food” he said wiping his last tear, and before I had the chance to offer to pay, he left.

“What a in mess” Daehyun broke his silence.

I nodded. Honestly, I didn’t want to think about it anymore.

“What about you? You’ve been solemn this whole trip. What’s going on with Youngjae?” I should have never asked.

Daehyun gave a weak smile, “He doesn’t like me…”

This day was only getting worse.

“It’s okay thought… stuff like this happens. I asked him to meet with me last night and I… confessed…” Daehyun stayed silent for a while. All the noise in the food court seemed to evaporate as I anxiously awaited the response.

“H-he told me he didn’t feel the same way, apologized, and left” Daehyun smiled again… but it wasn’t very convincing, “I’ll get over it though hyung…”

I didn’t even know what to say, so I didn’t. I just took the taller boy into my embrace letting him feel my remorse. I heard one sniffle, but that was it.

The scene was interrupted by Zelo’s tray smacking against the hard plastic table. I let go of Daehyun and looked at Zelo who looked just as sad… My friends were falling apart.

*ring ring* *ring ring* *ring-

What now!?

I picked up my phone to answer, “Yoboseyo?!”

“H-hey… babe… what’s wrong?” his deep voice made me forget all the problems in the world.

“I’ll tell you later…” I whispered.

I could hear the hesitance in his voice until he changed the subject, “So I called to give you a warning if you wanted to pick up new clothes…”

“Wh-what do you mean?”

“How about you and me go on a date on our last night in Busan tomorrow?” He said all too ily, “Let appa take out eomma”

“Yongguk!” I smiled like a teenage girl, “I’d love that.”

“Awesome… get some fancy clothes… I have somewhere in mind”

“Where!?” I was dying to know.

He laughed, “It’s a surprise”

“Gukkie…” I whined.

He laughed again, “I’ll let you go back to your fun at the mall. Be safe, I love you, and see you soon”

With that he hung up the phone. My heart tickled… A date sounded… really nice. I closed my eyes only to open them to two very questioning faces in front of me.

“So?” Daehyun asked.

“Yongguk, just asked me to go on a date with him tomorrow” I said tentatively. I felt extremely bad brining up my good relationship, when my friends were… well you know, “He wants me to pick out a nice outfit for the occasion”

Zelo scarfed down the last piece of his pizza and looked towards Daehyun, “Daehyun hyungie?...”

Daehyun smiled, “Well Zelo… ready to put our misfortune aside and help hyung find something to impress Yongguk?”

Zelo clapped, “Ne!”

And just like that the two were filled with energy as they pulled me up off the table each of my hands in one of theirs as we tore through the mall. Store after store we continued our trek. The three young boys off to find… an outfit??? It was hardly fitting for an epic story, but at least it gave Daehyun and Zelo something else to think about.

 

 

“EOMMA!” Zelo gasped as I came out the dressing room after the hours in the mall we had spent, “You look… amazing!” his eyes twinkled.

I looked to Daehyun, “Yongguk will be very happy” he said giving me a thumbs up with a large smile.

“xxxy!” Zelo blushed.

I turned around to look in the full length mirror…

This… was it.

 



Author's note: So I know a lot of people won't like the fact that Youngjae turned down Daehyun... But it's realistic stuff like that happens all the time! But then again this is a fanfic... so it might change ;)