--06 (iii)

Officially Friendzoned

cr: suyeol @ tumblr


 

Suho felt stupid. 

 

 

Feeling stupid on the inside, while his face mustered up a poker face. 

 

Staring at Chorong from afar, who is making her way inside the boys' dormitory. To see him, and the rest of the boys to be exact. She knew a fraction of the male community through Suho, also gaining a couple of admirers too. 

 

"Hyung, if i were you i'd stop avoiding noona. You're just not fair, she even clueless of the fact that you've had cooties since... heck who cares anyway! When did you become a coward?" Chanyeol patted suho's shoulders alternatively, towering behind him as suho remained seated on the couch. 

 

Jongdae comes in with a small plate of oranges, taking the seat beside suho and while he was at it, he looked at the same direction where Suho was looking at. 

 

"Hyung. If you're not going to ask Dalbak-noona out before this semester ends. Trust me i won't even hold back on snatching her away from you" 

 

The older hyung averts his gaze to the person on his side. 

 

"Please, I can snatch her back with Chicken feet, don't even get me started." he says with mild sarcasm with his lips twitching, then he pulls the small orange slice pinned on Jongdae's lips, eating it instead, he gnawed the fruit with audible sounds coming from his mouth. 

 

The two hoobaes looked at each other, then back at their sunbae with a judging look but then they both gave a shrug upon observing Chorong who's now standing in front of them with an oversized grin plastered on her deceivingly baby-faced features. 

 

"Hey!" she raises a hand in greeting. 

 

"I thought you've gone out with Jinyoung today. You're early." Suho comments, leaning his head back on the couch gulping down the orange he's been chewing on. Expertly trying to keep his emotions from an outburst. He was freaking jealous.

 

“Jinyoung? He just asked me to go to the faculty lounge with him because we were both called by professor Kang. He’s planning for a special project for our class.” Chorong exclaimed.

 

Suho was too tongue-tied to speak, especially if he constantly hears that name . He’s starting to hate the noun too.

 

“Ohhh noona, is he the guy we’ve been hearing about? The one who serenaded you?” Chanyeol asked with his eyes sparkling in curiosity. Hopping over the couch, occupying the spot on Suho’s right.

 

Chorong quickly became flustered, putting a hand on her reddened cheek.

 

They immediately noticed her peculiar reaction.

 

“Noona, you seem to be fond of him. You never entertained a guy’s confession before. This is making me jealous” Chen bobbed his head sideways, another slice of orange was up on his mouth, his face became sour along the way as he the juice from it.

 

“I’m not entertaining him!” she defensively says.

 

Then Chorong found herself arguing  with the younger guys, in a playful and teasing sort that is.

 

Still Suho remains camouflaged, despite the fact he stood beside them and his thoughts wandered back that recent morning. His colleagues were never blind or clueless about the hidden jealousy he’s been feeling up and hiding for weeks. Never too blind that they make a quick action on things. The very fact he even tried to distract himself by using Jiwon. Though, he unfortunately ends up getting dragged into bed for some "quality time" but he swore to God, he never went to first, second nor third base. It was just him. trying to run away from her as she tried stripping him off of his clothes. 

 

Simply saying, to get Kim Joonmyun laid is not gonna happen. 

 

-----------------

 

 

 

 "OH JESUS CHRIST--" something heavy and painful just landed on his back. 

 

"Hyung come on! rise and shine~" Chen whined while jumping up and down on Suho's bed neither giving a damn if he ever stepped on him while doing so.

 

He  didn't get it. It was supposed to be his rest day. It was a sunday morning. Who the hell is Kim Jongdae to interrupt his weekly hibernation?

 

But all the anger building up subsides when the aroma of coffee sunk through his nose. Oh God knew he can't ever resist coffee.

 

He quickly moved out of his bed, without doing some stretching, ran out from his room and to the dining table where he found a cup of americano, along with a plate of waffles topped with bananas and strawberries drizzled with maple syrup.

 

...

 

................

 

Without any other say, he was D.O.N.E with his food. 

 

But after a hearty breakfast, came his children (namely: Baekhyun and Chanyeol) and neighbors making a giant ruckus.

 

It never came to his mind whether the boys are just making excuses to get him out of his bed every Sunday, or simply they don’t want him to be out of the picture.

 

“You guys must have missed me too much right?”

 

The rest of them just scoffed and gave expressions of disbelief.

 

“Please Joonmyun; we're all doing this for Chorong too, not just for you.” Wufan says.

 

 

His face automatically lit up when he heard her name.  “Chorong?” and the moment her face flashed through his head, he suddenly wanted to see her as soon as possible and realizing that he hasn't seen her for days. Compared to a robot, it’s similar in a way that he seems to be programmed to put up that kind of sensation upon himself.

 

“You don’t know how she’d come to the dorm everyday just to look after us.”

 

“She’d come REALLY early just to prepare our breakfast”

 

“She’d drop by in the afternoon asking us if we need help on our homework or even household chores.”

 

“What’s even better is she cooks awesome food when she stays up for dinner!”

 

Every member of their quarters spoke up, topping the statement of the other.

 

“Okay, Whoa! kids no need to protest too much.” Wufan halted once again.

 

“Oh were not actually protesting" Baekhyun says casually

 

“Yup.Yup.” Chanyeol nodded along.

 

"But what's your point?" Suho inquired.

 

Every pair of eyes on the room were like eagle eyes set on him as if he was a small fish.

 

“Noona thought that you’ve been too busy on dating jiwon-noona that you’re literally forgetting your responsibilities here”

 

“And she said that she misses you”

 “She does?”

 

“Yep”

 

“No.”

 

‘What?”

 

“We’re just kidding. Joonmyun quit playing around with jiwon or we’ll be the ones dealing with how you’d start telling Chorong on how YOU REALLY FEEL. OR ELSE YOU’LL GET IT” Wufan stressed on his last phrases with those looks from manhwa characters; they look scary though they have a smile on their faces.

 

Suho’s eyes widened and he scrambled to his feet.

 

“Fine, I’ll go get Chorong for today” 

 

The moment Suho was completely out of the area...

 

"Did you guys plan some punishment on hyung or something?" Sehun came asking to Kris. 

 

Kris and Xiumin exchanged glances, then they both responded with a shrug.

 

"Oh. Okay. NO ONE REALLY HAS A PLAN ALL THIS TIME" Kai could just let the his head hit the wall after all the things they made Suho do.

 

----------------------

 

"Hey. Joonmyunnie~ you've spaced out again!" and with that Chorong flicked his forehead, and successfully bought him back to reality. 

 

"Owww" he winced, rubbing his forehead. "Why'd you have to do that?!" and another moment he opened his eyes to face her. The proximity between his face between hers were quite close. 

 

Chorong stared at wide-eyed, not blinking for a milisecond. As if those brown eyes are asking if he's alright.

 

His breath hitched. He never came close to her ever since the day he started to hang out with Jiwon. Those damn feelings he tried getting rid of came back as if lightning struck him. And then her eyes rolled down to look at his neck. Heart beat pace : it might burst. 

 

And another thing : They're the only ones left at the lobby. Everyone was gone.

 

"Yah, are those hickeys?" She asked, pointing at the red marks Suho's ever so milky white skin. 

 

He inwardly cursed on why was his skin so pale in the first place. And the reason how and why he got them. 

 

"Rongie, i know it'd be hard to explain this to you but--" his words start to jitter and so he pulls off a distance from Chorong, before he could even feel his face heat up.

 

"No it's alright. You don't have to explain. I saw you and Jiwon days ago and if i'm not mistaken. You two are already at 'THAT' stage right?' she asks, still you can see it in her eyes that she was curious but not angered. 

 

"Rong...Jiwon was a mistake" he leaned his back further along the couch they sat in together. Sighing after his statement. 

 

"And NO, we didn't go through 'THAT' stage that you're talking about. i wouldn't even want that. i have so much respect on women and you know it" He explains, avoiding eye contact. he couldn't bring himself to explain something that he realized that it was too embarassing. 

 

"Oh, false alarm then i guess. So i'm guessing you dumped Jiwon?" she chortled. 

 

"I'm actually hiding from her. Now don't tell her that i was just isolated in my room. I actually told her that we're on a 3-day exhibit in Busan" He eases up as he continued to explain. shifting to straighten up with how he sat on the couch. Slowly, he regains the calm demeanor he usually has in front of her.

 

"You did?" she asked. 

 

"Yeah"

 

"Seriously joonmyun? I thought you two were actually getting it on" Chorong's way of talking suddenly changed.

 

"What?" 

 

"Nothing"  With a smile and a pat on Joonmyun's head. She stood up and immediately walked out, though it was more like she was walking like those athletes on a walk-a-thon.

 

Now that was something unexpected. 

 

Until his phone rang with Jiwon's number flashing on the screen, and a text saying : 

 

'Chorong-sshi told me she was going to meet up with you today. Aish oppa you lied. Waeyo? I'm going to your place in 5 minutes okay?? x0x0'

 

"That woman" he hissed leaping out of his seat, and quickly ran upstairs. Now this time he's going to stay at Jonghyun's room.

 


Note: Dalbak - Chicken Feet

 

This was supposed to be in connection with chapters 4 and 5 but i decided to split them up because of the limited time i have to update and sorry guise it's been really busy. 

There won't be another sequel for this though. What i mean was the story of how Suho tries to distract himself by trying to date someone else and Chorong getting an admirer but i think i'd make another story arc for that side of the story. 

Plus any suggestions and scenario requests that you'd like to see in this fic? 

I promise i'll work it out. and though i can't promise you that i'll be updating fast. 

And thank you soo soo much for taking the time to read my fic, i never expected to receive good responses from people and exopink shippers or exo and apink fans alone. 

Again just to remind you people that every chapter is supposedly a collection of one-shots. I have another scenario down the lane, and maybe after the exams (which is next week) i'll have it posted. 

I really wanted to reply to your comments but i can't.. or maybe later. 

Sooo Take care everyone and God bless you~ :)))

Be sure to be on the look out for more updates.