--15[ ✽ ]

Officially Friendzoned

 

cr: valmyeon @ tumblr


[A/N: ] Oops-- overlysized picture over there ;; I've actually set up some new goals on this on and probably a small turn of event.


I'm starting to hate the fact that I picked the choice of people to be friends with. In the boys department to be exact.

When they're lovesick fools who are prone to heartbreaks. Whoever says it's the girls who get so worked up in a relationship? 

"Come on Chorong, please help us!"

It was something I don't exactly do but somehow I had to get these boys into shape, emotionally. I mean these boys aren't really having any stress with their dating lives but  what are friends for? Especially when cases like breakups and unsettled pasts arise. Well in a peer group we do know the function of these so called close friends. I happen to be one of them that's supposed to trigger that function for a certain season.

And then this boy who's so veteran with the previous date fail he had, is getting my patience running low because I had to run errands back at the dorm before I even let Bomi turn the carpets into taekwondo training mats again. How was I involved with boy love dilemmas anyway? Am I supposed to be dealing with the girls' instead? 

Oh that's right. That's because I have Kim Joonmyeon as my best friend through bliss and hell. 

"frick frack he's getting it alright!" I saw the clock tick another hand past to the meeting time some forty minutes ago, and I feel like beating up a certain someone by the time he comes. No hesitations will ever come to me once I get sight of his face, He has really pushed my buttons. 

I've been getting rants from BenBen-Groot after he mysteriously stopped attending his classes and council office for a week. No one exactly knew what happened to where the hell he went to but then I hear this news about him going back to his hometown because Hyerin came back?  

Everyone then asked me what do I feel about this? Do I look like I'm concerned enough? Jealous enough? Erase the last part, that isn't supposed to bile up in my system again. What's got me ticked off in many places is because he told everyone but myself.

To recap things, Joonmyeon had the council at turmoil after he went past that 1 week leave he requested. Says he had some personal business to manage back at his hometown. He missed a few that freakishly means a lot  of  his classes. He was out of everybody's radar until yesterday afternoon, through Yixing and Woohyun and refused to make contact with me.


"Can't you be a little considerate? Joonmyeon does live a bit farther from this place" Woohyun kept his eye on the sidewalks, his advice doesn't even convince me enough since his head kept peering through the glass windows, I'm not the only one Impatient that's for sure. 

"GIve it time. it's been 30 minutes past since he last called, so he should be here in a matter of minutes" Yixing chides in after getting his coffee from the counter. 

"I'd like to be patient with him, but no I don't want to know whatever excuses he has. I'm really pissed."

"Chorong, you're not exactly giving into that idea that he met up with Hyerin last weekend are you?" 

"I'm trying not to but the only reason I could find for him to not speak a word and disappear for days, then learning that he went back to their hometown is for that damn reason. makes freaking sense. He even spent his Holidays with his relatives regularly. Who happened to be living in the city since day 1 of freshmeat year" I tried not to gnarl on my words but the very thought gets me in a really heated mood, and I am very much aware of the looks the two men are giving to each other right now. 

"Hey as far as I can assess the accountability we share. It'll be at least relieving to hear you say the magic words"

"What magic words?" these two bother me and my senses. Even the eyes they portray right at me look menacing. 

Then they both put up a smirk, making them sit beside each other and have them across this table is not a good idea at all. 

"Can we cut the chase because last time I checked we had this talk that you're crushing on Joonmyeon suddenly? I thought you two are about to go at each other's nerves on one class and now we're here being the good guys trying to relieve him with his issues of the heart--" Before Woohyun could go on and get his facial expressions more hideous looking. I Immediately shoved the bagel on his mouth. 

"And last time I checked, I said I was over with the crushing over Joonmyeon because I find it better that we became Best friends." I said in my defense. But those two still went on, yes the stupid faces of Zhang Yixing and Nam Woohyun are forever cursed and needs to be buried in the deepest pits before I whoop their butts. 

"Hey Xing, have you seen that drama that airs every thursday nights? The one where there's a girl in the story that desperately tries to be the rebound of his best friend?"

"Oh right! I've seen that too! I heard the ratings went up high when in one episode she where tried to sleep with him because he wanted his best friend to move on" 

"HOW COULD YOU GUYS COMPARE ME TO A FICTIONAL CHARACTER THAT HELL I WOULDN'T EVER WANT TO BE" the sudden outburst I made caused a few pairs of eyes drawing us mixed gazes. 

"..." The warmth over my cheeks had me ducking my head lower like I wanted to be like some turtle who'd curl its head back to the shell. I sort of did wish I was a turtle at the moment. A snapping one so I could bite off Woohyun and Yixing' faces. Their laughter sounded like a screech but they are much more annoying to look at with those kind of dope expressions.

"With that kind of answer, it always leads to another" Woohyun had his jester face on while trying to get at his coffee and Yixing getting comfy over they loveseat they shared. 

I'm not actually oblivious to the bantering, the subtle hints and whatever mind games my friends are putting up with me these past months, and weeks and days that passed by. I'm just not sure how to respond to it when they'd tell me to step over the line of my friendship with Joonmyeon. Of course I love the guy wholeheartedly and sure everyone would love to find out we're secretly dating but, we're just not. Ugh I don't know, I may have had stupid daydreams and epiphanies back then like me and him getting all lovey-dovey, fingers interlacing the other, he' d be holding me close in between movie-marathons, long hand-written love letters he'd send me whether its our anniversary or just a normal day we'd exchange love notes, dates or strolls somewhere with just the two of us, I'd be looking at him lovingly adorning that prince-like face and dazzling--wait WHAT?!

"Oh hey, Joonmyeon's finally here!" now speaking of the devil, their faces lit up as Joonmyeon came into their view from the entrance,  there's quite the advantage now that my seat isn't facing the direction of where the people come in and out, or he would have seen my face. Which probably looks pathetic right now. 

 

---- 

 


"Sorry I'm late. I got into a little issues with the bus I took."  After ordering himself a drink, as he stopped on his tracks by reaching their table. He already felt the unwelcome aura a certain someone is giving off. But he chose to brush it off and casually slid on over the seat beside her, as she moved to the other side of the seat near towards the window, he doesn't really have a place to seat elsewhere but the one on her lane. 

"Whoa, really Kim Joonmyeon? Getting lost on his way back to Seoul? I have not heard of this before"  Woohyun croaked out a small laugh as Joonmyeon took his seat. He gave a small glance over Chorong as he settled himself and took his coat off. 

"Well you're oddly stiff today." were his first words trying to get her into the conversation.

"Is that how you greet me, after disappearing like nobody worried? though her words are directed towards him, her eyes landed on the two boys falling silent and watching intently with the interaction between them.  

"Look, I'm sorry Chorong. I... couldn't go back down on my word. That was an agreement before I graduate. I wouldn't want to be bailing out on this personal matter--"

"Re-check your statement, you might just turn into a hypocrite" She cut him off tightly.

"Listen, I know it wasn't fair for everyone who had been worried and got affected by my rashness. I do apologize really."

"Apologize to Benben-groot, he's the one who suffered a lot in your absence" came another abrupt and ill reply. 

Joonmyeon loses his interest on taking another sip of his coffee, a small sigh went past his lips as he set down his cup on the table. The silence in their space thickens and neither spoke another word. He tries to retain cool though Chorong meant to provoke him on sputtering out more explanations.

"Uh, folks it looks like you two need to settle some even greater concerns. We'll just catch up later, Yixing and I will be picking up the new contacts lenses I ordered on a shop nearby" with rushed words and a forced chuckle, Woohyun rises up to his feet and equally dragging the arm of the person seated beside him. 

The two people across the table, were still pre-occupied with the tension they built up for themselves to notice their sudden dismissal.

She knew that this matter about Hyerin was a weakpoint in him. He knew it was a small agreement they shared back then to be accountable and now he's managed to return after the awaited "day of reckoning" they once called it. Though feeling tied to the oath of making Chorong updated with every information she can have on the state of his feelings. he has to take steps that defies their agreement.

Well heck, can't the guy ever grab the chance to profess his love toward the girl?

He needs to get out of this borderline that's been keeping him on the friend-zone, a few steps could help him go a long way and a nearer chance to where he wanted. 

and that was to reach her heart.

 

"I give up,  explaining even more won't help. So now I'm cutting the chase..." 

"Well you never even bothered texting or calling to what happened to you while you're in your hometown. That wasn't a part of the plan--" she cut into Joonmyeon before he could even resume his statement.

"Hyerin told me she wanted to get back together." Without any warning he says it right away, causing again another interrupted response. This time Chorong had her eyes fixed on him, her face trying to portray an expression she isn't even sure of.

"...What?"

"You heard me. She wants us to date again." He clarifies, after he took his coffee.

"Then...what did you feel? what was your answer?" she inquired, the anger completely washed off her voice.


He was getting that fast paced heartbeat as he searched profound reasoning by just looking at her, her face. just her. The one who taught him to regain another meaning in romance. He was certain that he never dared to look for it after Hyerin, in the genuine manner. But one day amidst of the aimless quest bought by his curiosities,  he opened his eyes and found himself staring at the answer, that has been with him right along the beginning of his conquest.

They shared a moment of silence and Joonmyeon just locked gazes with Chorong's eyes, trying to find another answer, another form of reasoning from what he's about to roll right off his tongue.

"I simply said no, because I'm already in love with someone else..."

"Well that should be expected. It's been years since then right?" she shrugged at her commentary. 

"Yeah, it is expected. Since I'm happy I get to be with the one I'm in love with right at this moment, without holding the exit wounds I once had." he nodded, with a smirk casually crept on his lips. 

"Wow, then that's cool that you're the one who placed closure.. and wait-- could you repeat that again?" Her face once again shifts into a different expression, with her brows furrowed and her eyes putting up a look of disbelief, she mentally noted to herself that she heard something that she can't emotionally absorb.

"I'm in love with you Chorong, let's go out on dates starting from this day forward."


---

ACCESS DENIED......

 


A/N: And because I'm a troll you guys will have to draw a conclusion for me out of the options I've thought for that subtle/subliminal message on the last part. Yessss we a going to play a small game, and this involves a small quiz on what's going to actually happen by the suceeding chapter after Joonmyeon's confession.  -erwin smith eyebrows arching-

yes I shall keep you guessing my friends -insert psychotic laughter-
Until then~ Bye for now~

--Slorrpee