-- 16 [ ☆ ]

Officially Friendzoned

 

cr : baelight


{ .... 

Access Denied 

 

Those two words furiously flashed accross the ATM machine to which Park Chorong found herself kicking the said bank equipment as it refuses to dispense the money she needed and the rush to leave the area because she's been followed by the person she least liked to see for today. 

"Joonmyeon, not now, quit saving your pranks on April, this is not a good joke okay."    

There he stood in front of her as she her heel to leave the ATM Area, everytime she'd catch his eyes on him a steady stain of redness comes across her face, as she was reminded of his words and actions Yesterday.  

"Would you think I'm joking around, If I'm this serious huh?"  he points at his own face, with a brooding expression that she can't seem to fathom why his actions are being like this, and everytime she tries to get past him he'd automatically block her way.  

"Oh my gosh! so all this time you're basically calling me your best friend in hopes of dating me? and then what? break my heart and tell me this is all just a bet you and the boys made? " she blurts out, to which a Joonmyeon just stared, dumbfounded at the idea that was certainly not of her personality to buy such an idea. As Chorong pushed herself by trying to tackle him down, he stood firm on his spot and resists until he can push her back against the atm machine.  But of course, feisty Chorong will have her way, "Aish what is wrong with you! Let me go!!!!" and out came her dolphin screams.  Junymeon winced at the piercing sound but he has to do what he has to do and she  knows it well. (A/N: this is nowhere going romantic honestly haha) 

"If you don't stop screaming I might have to kiss you like in that drama where I caught you slacking off in class!!" his warning immediately ceased the harpy like screams, she was still flushing red and her hands were all up on .  "How dare you" came a muffled sneer, with eyebrows flaring at him. 

"See?! You're reading too much comics! why would i have time to play around and, Park Chorong can't you just hear me out? You've been avoiding me eversince. I know it was something off guard but no, I've been waiting for too long to face this-- do you have any idea how much I've been keeping this from you for too long. I don't even want to hide these feelings, as your best friend I want to be honest as I can be." 

Silence just followed afterwards, and Joonmyeon sighed, releasing his hold on her. In hopes that Chorong would give that chance to let him speak. 

"I... honestly I wish you'll actually say, hey! I'm doing this bet with Baekhyun so cooperate with me and I'll treat you out for some Chicken feet"  

To which he just bitterly laughed (at how oblivious this girl is) and shook his head. "I just want you to listen. Because after that and if clearly you can't see me the way I see you. I'm fine. I'll pretend this didn't happen...and do my best to move on" 

"Joonmyeon wait I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. I'm just too shocked to absorb all of this, How about we head to a coffee shop and you tell me all about this feelings you have--" Chorong reaches out to tug on his arm, to which Joonmyeon immediately pulls her in for an embrace. 

"I can't narrate all of what my heart says like some, story book, But let me have to liberty to show it to you by actions" 

"...Joonmyeon, you sound tacky and I honestly hate why it's giving me feels right now." Chorong was getting tensed and cringing at the same time. Though she cannot deny that her heart was skipping a beat at the new revelatiions at the moment.  

But before neither of them can speak a word, an enraged ahjumma comes in. 

"What the heck are you lovebirds on to! Get out and go to a hotel! You've been in the ATM booth for 15 minutes! You young people are clearly wasting my precious time!"

       ....  }

 


Supposedly it was a start of their story but rverything came into a blur, and neither did she heed to the call of a faint voice from afar nor she stopped listening.

 2017

"Aaahhhhgggggghhh!!! " under the cherry blossom trees accross the university premises came a brunette in her hapkido uniform. Hollering like a maniac and came running with a faint blaze of dust from the ground at her trail.

"Excuse me! Coming through! either you don't wanna get a roundhouse kick or make way!!!" she shouted as a warning, and had some people throwing themselves off the side. Though marked on their faces were annoyances, she shouts a quick "SORRY!" to whomever does oblige to her command. 


Chorong's mental note of staying true to her New Year's resolution seems like it's gonna go down the drain anytime soon, like being punctual for instance.   

With the thought of it currently coursing through her mind, she grimaces at the last part upon remembering what she had listed at that pink post-it note that she pinned up by her dresser.
 

  • Keeping yourself away from Junmyeon and his new girl.

 

And speaking of the devil, her phone buzzed from her gymsack, to which she found his name flashing on the screen, and it took her immense hesitation and doubts to even pick it up. To her relief, the buzzing quickly stopped. With a small pop-up box appearing of a notification. Finding a short sms and an icon indicating she "missed" his call.  

Inwardly sighing, Chorong never took a second thought to read at his message.  

[ Kim Junmyeon : ] Rong. We're going out to buy something from the mall, you want me to get you some protein bars?

to which she immediately typed with a reply that goes :  

Nah. I'm good, please don't do that on dates. Joohyun will be bothered y'know. 

She tapped on the send button, and not long after she got his text : 

[ Kim Junmyeon : ] okay then but don't come ranting over if you ran out of protein bars! I OFFERED. and I took a screenshot in case you're going to take that against me someday.  

 

With a little smug grin she put her phone back on her gymsack and hurried back on her sprinting. Besides, a 30 meter dash on the hallway can save her a few seconds from tardiness.  In the back of her mind, she wanted to feed herself with thoughts and feelings that she would like to outwardly express on many things but as of now,  it's better to deal with studying and being a diligent university student who faces the wrath of her baldheaded mentors.
 

  


"Joohyun who? WHAT?! I don't understand all of this!"

"Aren't we waiting for him to ask  Chorong out, and what I'm hearing is she's got a girlfriend named Joohyun? " 

" Well crap, Did we miss something? " 

"So was it a Seo Joohyun or Bae?"

 


To describe what happened the past semesters, it was a whirlwind of emotions, events and what have yous that suddenly led for the two of them to drift apart. As how both Chorong and Suho feared. It was the nightmare that met reality, the sad thing is neither of them spoke a word about it. 

"I really want to be enlightened by all this drama. Please tell me which part did that old man screw up? I'm not going to accept this stupidity he's doing on dating another girl!! " came the protest of a certain Lu Han who was absent  few months as she settled some negotiations back in his hometown in China, the exchange student was at disbelief and if exaggeration is the term to his reaction. It exactly is in that way. 

The younger ones were trying to find the precise description until Baekhyun just hit the nail on the head. 

                                                                                                                                                                                          "Chorong dumped him. "

 


[Author NOTES : ] HAH! I'm too late too update this. You think you guise would want to know how it all ended up this way? I sorta had the last minute change of heart in terms of how this story will come about. Too much learnings in life, and sadly my laptop died when I recently just started working. ; _ ; I gotta find some ways to update this. I owe a lot to you readers and new subsrcribers, I don't even know how to thank you for still sticking around and watch the story progress into a bigger mess hahaha (if you have been on the lookout) 

oh and by the way I actually saw Apink performing live. It was bliss. much much bliss ; w ; 

Regards, 

Yoo