--09[★]

Officially Friendzoned

cr. michyeoso @ tumblr


Did i make you wait too long? 
Hello there~I'm here with another update and as promised. It's another mini-arc featuring Hello Venus' Yoo Ara! *throws imaginary confetti around*
I wanted to focus on Suho and Ara but i know i had to add some bits from Chorong's so it made me contemplate to do first, i also decided to make one full chapter for Suho and Ara which is on the next update. I'm currently working on it, but the update date will be another story because like i said. Me has been getting hectic with college the downsides of a graduating student lol

Also i added Luhan on this~ noticing the number of Chohan ships going up. yay for exopink!
May i also welcome the new subscribers and thank you everyone for staying tuned into this fic!

So without any other things to say, Here's the first installment of the 3 part V-day Arc!


 
"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth."
-1 John 3:18
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was the 3rd to the last fan letter to Suho.  
 
 
Chorong smiled at the last phrase, then she folds it neatly and placed it back on the basket. Together with the other letters coming from his truckloads of admirers, and is still counting on every shool year that came. But...this seems to be the last batch that she's going to see. Well they're now a semester away from graduation. 
 
 
Boy it sure is one of the things she'd miss in College. And Valentine's day...
 
 
With a satisfied sigh, she leaned back on the chair and stared at the ceiling. Until Joonmyun came in, and had gone quite hysterical whe his eyes caught of his fan-letters. To which his succeeding reaction was to snatch them away from Chorong. 
 
 
"Hey~ i'm not yet done reading all of it!" She whined.
 
 
The recipient however, is partly happy on the "love-letters" he received. 
 
 
"And Joonmyunnie this is our last year! It might be the last set of letters i get to read and all the cheesy declarations coming from your fans~ and and" she had her hands up to her face as she expresses herself, like she was oozing out the inner juices of her feelings regarding the matter.
 
 
"And?" Joonmyun had his brow raised at her, completely not amused. The first few words she said stung him a bit. 
 
 
"And...please tell me you're going to respond to at least one" she half-pleaded along with her eyes that show a hint of concern, more of doing a puppy eye-act really.
 
 
As how a professor would explain of how an effective communication will go. there's the message, sender, channel, receiver and FEEDBACK .
 
 
Kim Joonmyun would fail to make an effective communication with these girls really. 
 
 
And it's taking him a moment to respond to Chorong's recent statement. 
 
 
"I don't see anything wrong with telling those girls with how you feel and it's impossible that you're not interested in all of them. i mean look!" she picks up a certain letter from the basket.
 
 
"This one came from Last Year's College Beauty Pageant Runner-up, Joonmyun if Baekhyun ever got this he'd be flipping a table, and you're all. 'Ahh Thank you for the love and support' " she says in mimic to 'joonmyun-gramps' voice, and the trademark killer smile he makes. 
 
 
"Well aren't you my manager" he scoffs with sarcasm observing Chorong's little mockery.
 
 
Then out of nowhere she pounces on him, with both arms draped on either sides of his shoulder, resting her chin on his shoulder blade. She always had that habit of latching onto his back. Only if she knew that it's something that makes Joonmyun hold his breath. 
 
 
"If you really don't want to spend Valentine's day with any girl out there, i have something else in mind" her eyes lit up on the cieling like there was a 'bright idea' she thought of.  
 
 
Suho turned to his side
"There is no way that i'd let you hook me up with some girl Chorong. Don't even think about--"
 
 
"Hush! I hear no more of your protests!" 
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
"Yoo Ara?" 
 
"Aigoo~ this is what i was telling you about Joonmyun. I... you see i did her a favor for today. She's been having some trouble dealing with some of her suitors, and since today is Valentine's day. This could be her worst case scenario" Chorong explains via phone. 
 
 
"Chorong, I thought this valentine's day you planned something for the two of us"  
 
 
"Come Again?" 
 
 
"Oh! You know??? This whole 'bright idea' think you've got. You must have a plan. I'm totally clueless of what to do." 
 
with a crackling voice he managed to cover up a decent excuse, and that was a close call to have his deepest-darkest secret to be revealed. He almost died for a moment. With his heartbeat getting all hyped up it kills him every beat, waiting for Chorong's response and uttering a prayer to the Gods that she didn't notice anything in his words back there. 
 
 
'Crap Joonmyun you blew it!!' inner ego screams in panic.
 
 
He hears Chorong's slow breathing through the speaker momentarily until she came up with a response.
 
 
"You're on your own on that one. I'm completely clueless. But you have all of Valentine's day to spend with her you're a guy for peeps sake~ plus it'll be a thrill that it's like a stolen-blind date scheme. Do promise me you'd call after you send her off. Please?"
 
 
"Park Chorong you're dead if i see you today." this time he's really mad. 
 
 
"I know, I love you too Now promise me okay?" came her bubbly voice on the phone.
 
 
But that 4 word phrase he's been wishing to hear this day just got him off trance, speechless, in awe. Joonmyun could feel his heart swelling and blood rushing up through his cheeks. In other words he lost to her. AGAIN.
 
 
but a beep from his phone cut him off.  
 
 
She Hung up. 
 
 
Realizing that he really hasn't got a choice, and not to waste his extra preparation. 
 
 
"I'm going to be late" he hissed after pulling up on his wrist watch.
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
She isn't the luckiest girl for valentines day up to date. 
 
 
 
Clad in a baby-pink chiffon dress and black heels, a little more make up on her face than the usual one she had on. Yes she's prepared for her date, but not really on a mental aspect.
 
 
 
She smacked her own head lightly and kept mumbling 'pabo pabo you're a pabo yoo ara' 
 
 
Why did she agree to such amends in the first place, when she knew that she could just keep herself locked up in the house the entire day and have her parents deal with those pests.
 
 
Yes those pesky men who profess their love for her at that time of the year. She didn't really hate Valentine's day.
 
She detests every bit of it.
 
 
But it wouldn't be so bad having just one date.
 
 
And not with all these men nearly shoving the flowers and chocolates at her face and whatnots surrounding her at her small table.
 
 
She's literally mobbed. every freaking corner, if circles are to have corners.
 
 
Those men try pushing out the other from her sight declaring some cheesy quotes and romantic things that she never understood. They were all talking at the same time which came to the point that one of them started bickering, it could really resemble a raffle promo with a bucket of money. And very likely catching the attention of those other people who are present at the cafe. The staff couldn't do anything about it due to the reason that most of the customers are actually couples, currently spending time on their date.
 
 
And Ara herself is waiting for one. 
 
 
but everything starts to repaint itself starting... NOW 
 
 
"Yoo Ara-sshi?" 
 
 
Ara looked up to see the owner of that soft spoken, yet masculine voice, but everything happened so fast, a warm hand placed itself onto hers that causes a chain reaction with her cheeks. Another scene unfolds, she was off of her seat and gently pulled away from a claustrophobic sea of men who tried to woe her just a few seconds back. She barely saw her captor. All she saw was a silhouette of white and flaring red locks, a part of her is whispering that a handsome guy awaits behind that vague imagery that she can put up for now.
 
 
It was the guy in white who came like a knight and shinning armor, too much ran to her head until she realized that the knight had took her away.
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
The University Garden was the safest place to be. Oddly.
 
"Um..." She awkwardly tried to spark up a conversation with this not-so-stranger-ish guy sitting beside her. She could hardly believe that Chorong would send him to her. 
 
 
"Ah—it's okay Ara-sshi, you don't have to force yourself on me" The man quickly replies, with a bashful grin. 
 
 
And as expected, he was prince-like and could make any girl be swept off their feet. Fair skinned, angelic features with an edge of manliness. She was right, he was very good looking, a kind smile that adds up to his nice-guy aura that radiates through his system. Yes she should really try not to be all "fan-girly" around this person.  Kim Joonmyeon was a man filled with dignity. He was a guy that the whole campus looks up to with respect, aside from his 'silent but deadly' fanclub.
 
 
 
"I didn't really expect unnie to have sent you like this...What you did back there was too much Sunbaenim!" she stresses out her second sentence, feeling slightly flustered.
 
 
He didn't say a word to her, but did give her a reassuring smile. 
 
 
"It's okay, i personally chose to go here anyway..." 
 
 
'did you hear that right ara?' ara was now having mini conflict on what her mind tells her and her emotions reacting to the latter's reply. she turned to him with an obvious blush across her face.
 
 
Joonmyeon, still smiling replies: "Wouldn't it be fun to keep each other of company? Since both of us are single as well right?"
 
 
Any minute longer, Yoo Ara is about to lose her senses.
 
 
"Ah—Yes of course sunbaenim" Another flustered reply came from her.
 
 
Junmyeon chuckles in amusement "That's very cute Ara-sshi, please call me Suho and let's be friendly with each other okay? I know everything was sudden but please i hope this day ends with us becoming closer." 
 
 
"Ah, ne Suho-sunbae—"
 
 
"You can drop the formalitites too. Ara." He interjects before she fully responds. Yoo Ara can go nuts at every minute that passes. This man is offering her too many favors. plus the way he calls her name just turns her into jelly. 
 
 
'Just in one day and i'm getting all of this? Oh GOD. Thank youuuu' was her mental squealing. 
 
 
————————————
 
She isn't supposed to be reacting like this, Yoo Ara isn't the girl who chatters about dating and guys like an average teenage girl would.
 
Another note : Yoo Ara has has feelings of Denial. Towards liking Kim Joonmyeon.
 
It's just that Chorong took that advantage. 
 
————————————
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
"Aiyaa Park Chorong!!!" the Chinese native came in shouting at the mess he's witnessed over the kitchen. 
 
 
"Oh Princess! you arrived— wait you're not supposed to be here!!! no go away!!!" the culprit, all covered of what seems to be chocolate emerged from the counter with a spatula in hand, containing the same substance that her body has too. 
 
 
"What are you doing? You're not making chocolates right?" Luhan stepped forth, missing a step over a puddle of flour as he goes toward Chorong. 
 
 
"Oh i'm not. I'm baking cupcakes.... It's Chocolate flavored. okay you got me" she giggled raising her hands up, Luhan clucked his tongue in mixed perceptions of what he's seeing right now. 
 
 
PARK CHORONG NEVER BAKES FOR SOMEONE. ON A SPECIAL OCASSION. IT'S VALENTINE'S DAY FOR PETE'S SAKE. 
 
 
"Who's the target Chorong. Speak." Luhan darted his eyes straight on Chorong's.
 
 
"Whoa don't give me that look, relax. I'm just baking cupcakes for everyone no special dream-oppa to swoon about and aim to give 'sappy-love-love-chocolates' to" she answered cooly. "Which is why i don't want you snooping around here because i'm planning to give you some. You spoiled my surprise, now get out" she makes swatting gestures to him as she walked towards the sink to wash the messed up utensils and stuff dunked in.
 
 
Luhan stood there in silence. He was certain that Joonmyun was supposed to be with her and not at this place. Did he miss something?
 
 
"Oh what brings you here by the way jie jie*(A/N: Chinese for Older Sister)?" He snapped out from his thoughts, seeing that Chorong was still focused with washing.
 
 
"First get your chinese straight. Call me gege not jie jie you little dumbdumb, you even called me princess when i came here. but going back to my reasons of coming over, I...came over to check if you're doing your part for next month's event on the org." He lied. 
 
 
 
"What? LIAR. who'd do that on a day like this? Seriously lulu you're not too absorbed with our org right?" she turned her head with skepticism written all over her face. 
 
 
Luhan's eyes averts to the side, remaining silent. He awkwardly took the towel over the counter.

"I'll.. clean this up" he started wiping the dirty surface. 
 
 
"Aha! You are so caught this time! Speak your office Luhan you have no right to remain silent!" Chorong's hand sent the soap suds at Luhan's direction, in attempt to point at him.
 
 
"Y-you see... I don't know what to give to a girl on Valentine's day..." stuterring as he wiped a chocolate-smeared spot, and his face slowly turning crimson.
 
 
"Who's the lucky girl??" Chorong bantered with a look Luhan regrets. 
 
 
"I'm not...she doesn't want to let her identity be known to my friends yet.. she's really shy. I hope you understand, and i came here wondering if you girls have some suggestions, since i can't tell the guys yet and they'd just make fun of me if they happen to find out" Luhan exclaims, reaching the end of the counter by the wall.
 
 
"Wow. You're really not gay. Wow."  was all she could say. 
 
 
"WHO SAID I WAS GAY FROM THE START! AIYAA" Luhan could just curse in chinese if this girl wasn't just too out of this world and damn right lovable in his list. 
 
 
"But this special person of yours is what i infer a type of girl who's substance over style. Which is I'm very proud that you chose that kind, A dying breed i may say." Chorong sighs eeriely, after doing her business of cleaning up the sink and it's entirety. 
 
 
Luhan just smiled. 
 
 
"But on the contrary, the rest of the girls are not available to help you. My hands will later be full because i have this long list of deliveries to make and because you barged into my territory without permission. Your cupcake is not going to be neatly wrapped in a box." she sticks her tongue out, proceeding to the fridge and pulling out a piece of cupake. The top was covered with chocolate icing, with a white frosting forming out a chinese-character for "love".
 
 
"My lettering was really bad. But you're lucky i had it prepared last night..."
 
 
Luhan stared at the small pastry she handed over to him. It made a part of him melt at her effort she did. 
 
 
"Last night? How long have you been baking?"
 
 
"I was supposed to have it done earlier by 4 hours but i sorta overslept because i was busy the other day trying to persuade Ara to date suho—"
 
 
"You did what to Suho?" Luhan's jaw dropped. There goes the unveiled mystery. 
 
 
"I set him up on a blind date with Ara. Did he not inform you guys? I had this special deal with him for today, i said it was a secret until this morning i told him. Which i had to wake up extra early but i ended up in bed again, then i woke up late and here i ended up getting a delay with all my plans." she narrates, pulling out a whole tray of finished and chilled cupcakes. Different in terms of design,(The panda cupcake must be for Tao) she really did make a careful plan of how her Valentine get-up will go. 
 
 
That totally explains everything. 
 
 
"Wow you seem to be very busy then, I'm sorry for being a bother. I'll go ask someone else for help..." he nodded, taking his cupcake.
 
 
"I wasn't planning to bail you out from that help lulu, I'd be suggesting that material gifts wouldn't matter to her really. Your feelings for her will signify the most, which i think you should express more so  she'd know she's loving the right person." Chorong looks up to him with a reassuring smile.  
 
 
Luhan pulls up the rose from his back pocket and handed it to Chorong saying a quick "Happy Valentines Day!" giving a quick peck on her cheek. Then left in a flash.
 
 
Which left the her equally dumbfounded.
 
 
"Thanks for the cupcake by the way!" he shouted, followed by a loud bang of the door being shut.
 
 
"Tch. Gay" she remarked before proceeding to pack up.
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
Meanwhile, on the other side of town where Suho's having his date...
 
 
Things are not going the way he planned or how he wish it could've turned out.
 
 
'I feel like inevitable death is okay now' 
 
 
The "giving flowers to a girl" part was a failure, the florist seemed to have added in a flower that Ara is allergic to, giving her a runny-nose and she kept sneezing non-stop for an hour. If they hadn't come across a drug store the date would've gone bye bye before it could even get done. 
 
 
Chorong were supposed to receive those flowers, she's not the penchant for flowers type of woman but knows how much she appreciates gifts that she doesn't often receive.
 
 
The oh so cliche trip to the amusement part wasn't a very good move too. Ara got sick over the ferris wheel due to the after effects of her allergy attack. She made a trip to the ladies' restroom longer that it would take. 
 
 
This was the part he knew that Chorong will like very much, she's a total kid at heart despite the age. He was getting more and more frustrated with the consequent failed attempts to have fun. If ONLY PARK CHORONG WEREN'T A TROLL TO BEGIN WITH.  
 
 
"I'm really sorry Ara. I...this isn't how the way it goes. truly i am sorry" he apologetically bowed before her, half of his body bent 90 degrees. Ara sat on a bench with a tissue stuck on her nose. It was very much swollen with the pollen she inhaled a little while back.
 
 
"Aigoo, no i'm okay— just hold on" she nasally replied and released another sneeze. Which made Suho cringe more on the inside. He's feeling down right guilty with her condition. 
 
 
"Are you sure you want to continue this? Or should i take you home?" He asked with eyes showing even greater worry, he just couldn't take seeing her like this and he's holding himself responsible for it. 
 
 
the lass shook her head with a hand up. 
 
 
"No let's go on, like you said we shouldn't finish this day without us becoming closer. Suho-oppa i want us to be close then. No closer to be exact." 
 
 
That answer got him absorbed the most, out of all the conversations they've been having for hours it's like that's the clarified thing she said, the reality slap hit him again. 
 
 
She's right. 
 
 
He's been focusing on how the date would've been when it was Chorong.
 
 
She is not Chorong. 
 
 
He's being unfair. 
 
 
Time to Change your plans Kim Joonmyeon.
 
 
"Well what are we waiting for?" with a small smile, he gently took her hands and held it firmly. 
 
 
"How about this, i'll stop being boss on where to go and what to do. If you have some requests i'm going to be the genie that will grant your heart's desire you name it princess. Is that okay?"
 
 
 
"Yes."