--[Random Drabble]

Officially Friendzoned

This is totally out of the story line. I found this hiding beneath the forgotten files in my laptop. lol. I think i even wrote this before i came up with the "Friendzoned" Concept. 

This is different from the upcoming chapters and plot i have told earlier. I had an argument with myself on where i should post this, then i ended up doing it here. lol my apologies if you guys thought that.... yeah XD i'll just proceed to the story. 


 

 

One word to describe his situation: Whimsical

 

He couldn’t explain how he‘d he feel every time this girl comes up to him and tell him with a big grin :

 

“Mr.  Angel, I hope you have a nice day!“

 

Then she‘d pat his head or pinch his cheek or sometimes just do both.

 

It amazes him how BOLD her actions were, he isn‘t either sure if Chorong just has a crush on him. Neither nor could be a girl who is just sweet by nature.

 

Or just another one of the girls who is a fan of his.

 

 

But none of the assumptions coming up his head made some clarifications based on how she is interacting with him and his friends. Though he noticed how Jiah was displeased at her presence.

 

“Are you here to bug Joonmyun-ah again?“ she asked, in a very rude tone.

 

He really wanted to cover that moment, still the conditions under his little mind, dry-runs on assessing chorong‘s behavior and motives just kept him to observe.

 

“I do not have any intention on being a nuisance to Suho-sshi.“ she says proudly.

 

Now who‘s she calling Suho by the way?

 

“Chorong-ah, his name is Joonmyun. NOT SUHO. Get your facts straight, right now i believe joonmyun-ah would want you to leave us alone, for we are having our lunch“ Jiah says with an eyebrow raised at her. Arms folded against her chest.

 

“I prefer calling him suho for a special reason, would that be okay suho-sshi?“ her expression went to a 180° changed when she turns to suho, a sweet smile flashed again.

 

“Um. I really don’t care about it, yeah you can call me suho…” came his awkward response, with a hand crawling over the back of his head.

 

“I see him as a guardian angel... everytime i see his face, it‘s like he‘s telling me that everything will be okay...“ chorong heaved up a sigh. Yet her eyes never left his. Which made Jiah fuming inside.

 

On the other side, Joonmyun was again astounded at her words, the same moment that he was entranced by her eyes. It was a first time for him to hear such words of compliment from a girl.  It was different from the ones he‘d get from girls who claim themselves to be fans. Jiah would always tell him he‘s girly. Chorong may have said a similar thing yet the words she just used to describe him, even just by basing it on his looks and vibe. He was very surprised that he can give off that kind of effect on a girl. A girl whom he hasn’t known for a long time. It felt that her intentions were pure after all. It was sort of touching.

 

This girl though never stopped showing up in his everyday life. Though he found it intimidating at first, but as the days passed off. It was now a part of his daily musings. Seeing her everyday and be told on how pretty he is and a reminder to be careful at all aspects there is to come, and the most notable thing : she tends to cling into his arm every now and then.

 

But one week came when she stopped appearing.

 

It bothered him.  Quite a lot really.

 

“hyung, have you seen chorong-ah lately? “ Joonmyun bumps into Minseok along the hallway. His question had his hyung smirking like a maniac.

 

“so you‘ve finally come to like her eh?“ his bushy brows wiggled as he eyes on him with a look that obviously spells teasing.

 

“cut the crap hyung. Im trying to ask you decently and you‘re being an .“ he deadpanned.

 

“Oh shut up dude. That cutie totally likes you! You‘re just insensitive to realize“ he says, pushing his shoulder with one hand.

 

“you dont have ANY IDEA that you people are too malicous“

 

“say that again? Or are we getting to conceited because there‘s a Park Chorong who‘d always tell you of how GREAT you are“ he teases with sarcasm at the last phrase.

 

Sometimes, Joonmyun just couldn‘t fathom of what runs through his friends‘ minds.

 

“I‘ll just--ask some of her friends and some other people. see you later“ he pats Minseok‘s shoulder as he strode past him till he reached the end of the hallway and down the stairs.

 

He called it another day again as he finds himself giving up on searching for her.

Then he asked to his self again. “why am i even bothering to care?“.

 

It wasn‘t noticable until the people around him are now affected as well. BUT not because Chorong wasn’t around to cling onto him like a kid. But on how Joonmyun has been behaving differently.

 

“Maybe Chorongie‘s sick. I didnt see her in P.E. class either“ lay says, he was a classmate of chorong‘s.

 

“or she‘s giving up her feelings for our SUHO over here because she thinks you like jiah here“ jongdae says with a hint of disgust while staring at jiah. Who shot a death glare while the others just lol-ed it off.

 

“I DO NOT HAVE A--No it‘s just a relief that she isn’t here to annoy us again“

 

“Hey jiah! You should stop being mean to her, she barely did anything harmful to you!“ that retort surprisingly came from Joonmyun. Making everyone gawk. It was something really MINDBLOWING.

 

“fine then. Since you Like that girl so much, i think this piece of information will entice you on your search. She‘s always staying late for school because. Hell i don‘t care and know why. She usually stays here until 7pm. Happy now?“ with that. Jiah slams her coffee at the table and walked off with her things.

 

Everyone is quiet though.

 

“ah it‘s like im seeing those things in tv“

“where the other party gets jealous and all? IM TOTALLY with you there bro“ 

 

Now suho‘s feeling messed up because even his best friend walked out on him. Yet as another problem arises,  he wouldn‘t let the information he got to be disregarded. AND so he tries staying at school until the time that jiah had said.

 

7pm came and there he stood beneath the shed, the walk way til the exit. Only a few students are now leaving the school premises. And even some of the faculty members had set off. Even the hopes of seeing her are starting to set off. UNTIL there was a group of studensts coming out from the gym, of which he speculated were varsity players. Along with them came about chorong. Now he was certain of it, that long brown locks were undeniable to reckon.

 

And another thing that made his eyes widen was the fact that he was talking to a guy who stood beside him. it was nam woohyun, a basketball varsity player.

 

as he observed further, he finds that chorong was acting quite timid around him, her head hung low yet you can‘t hide the smile creeping on her lips everytime he says something. SHE without a doubt LIKES HIM. Suho felt something tug on his chest. Though he swore that it is not jealousy. Rather it was disappointment, yet the reasons can‘t suffice it.

 

He continues on with his observation, from a distant he watched them walk side by side, til woohyun motioned her to make a turn on her right. and that‘s where they drifted off from the path towards the school exit. Instead it led them to the garden, where joonmyun was just trailing behind. Becoming more curious with the things he is witnessing.

 

 

Many things ran on his mind, as they kept on walking. Until the pair stopped right before a giant tree, then they faced each other.

                 

It could be of what suho may be thinking of. He blended in with the bushes around them and barely heard them audibly and so he relies on his way to decode lip reading

 

 

Chorong still kept her smile at woohyun, but the latter however had a hardened face. He picked up something from his pockets on what seemed to be colorful papers. Now suho starts to hear the words that came out from woohyun‘s mouth. They were unkind words, shot to a kind person. It quickly triggered tears om chorong‘s eyes. The thing that joonmyun is seeing pains him more. But what‘s more dreading to see was Woohyun tearing up those pieces of paper.

 

with the last rip of the red paper, he stomped off and chorong breaks down. Kneeling before the torn pieces of paper. Endlessly crying on it.

 

It wasn‘t also the scene joonmyun would expect to see. Ironic.

 

--- That was the first time in his life that he felt angry at someone who made another person feel pain. That he knows that such person couldn‘t deserve it better than the jerk itself.

 

 

Without even thinking, he stepped out of the bushes and knelt down before Chorong.

 

“Chorong-ah...“ his voice trailed off. Not sure of what he would say to a woman in tears.

 

The brunette lifts her head up, her tear filled eyes reached suho‘s. Of those that shows concern. then she lowered her head and continued on crying. A little more instense this time.

 

Feeling more pained at her state, he reaches out his hand, placing it on her back and rubbed it soothingly, like how a mother would do when a child cries.

 

“suho, you can‘t see me like this. I look awful!“ she wails still her head was lowered.

 

He knew that she dares on trying to avoid his gaze.

 

“No. That guy looks even more awful on what he did to you. Chorong-ah, that man isn‘t worth to cry about.!“  he says with a stern voice. It also made her stop weeping.

 

“ everything was my fault. I was so delusional to think that‘d want a girl like me“ her head was now raised yet her eyes wandered off to the side. They were red and puffy. But most of all it depicted sadness.

 

Joonmyun wasn‘t still sure of what to do at these situations untilhe recognizes that this girl is seeing him as a guardian angel, so why not play the part of being a ray of light?

 

Chorong felt a pair of warm hands cupping her wet cheeks, and both thumbs wiping off the tears leaking beneath her eyes. He finds her gaze wandering back to his. In utter shock.

 

“as your guardian angel, it is my duty to help you up when you falter. Don‘t cry now. I got you“ he puts up the sincerest smile that he can show to her.

 

but again tears leaked out once more. Yet this time she was smiling back at him.

 

“Th...thank you. You really are an angel“ her tears escaped from her eyes, yet caught once again by joonmyun. She presses her lips together stifling her sobs.

 

“Im no angel chorong-ah, im just me. A guy whose name is kim Joonmyun, 19 years old. Lives in a dorm with 6 boys who i treat as if they‘re my lost children  I’m surrounded by hyungs who act like toddlers and i have a girl best friend who thinks that Im ugly to be a guy and too pretty to be a girl. Plus i once had a crush on her but she‘s just too better off as what she is to me now. But i dont like it when she calls me an ugly gramps“ joonmyun explains with a sense of goofing off. And it successfully bought chorong into a fit of giggling.

 

“i think she likes you“ she says with a grin.

 

It was much better seeing her with that expression, but her commentary on Jiah made him cringe. As he cannot even imagine himself with Jiah where their relationship could be of another level of what he once dreamed of.

 

Shortly Chorong‘s giggling died down and her eyes softened. Gazing somewhere god knows

 

“but please, be careful though. Sometimes, it isn’t good to have and seek for love. Because in the end you‘ll be left alone. Hurt.“ she paused taking her time to look up at the orange-tinted skies. It was another side of her revealed to him.

 

She perseveres the heartaches of rejection.

 

“My guardian angel...“ she then placed her hand over his. “I‘m sorry if i haven‘t been showing up to you lately. That‘s because. I got distracted and wasted my time over someone... i forgot to tell you last monday on how lively you were that day. On how great you were in fencing sparring last tuesday. And how sweet you were to jiah, and you treated her out for some street food after winning the debate on wednesday. And how worried i was when you got hit by  A volleyball—“ then suddenly a finger went up to her lips.

 

The moment Joonmyun had achieved to keep shut, he grabs both of her arms scooping her up on her feet.

“There we go; you finally stopped speaking nonsensical things. Now, where were we?” he smiled, after helping Chorong dust off her skirt.

 

“I’m actually hungry, I haven’t ate anything since breakfast. Umm can you buy me some chicken feet?” she was asking Joonmyun, with her eyes glued on the ground and her fingers fiddling together and to add more of the embarrassment she felt, rumbling sounds came from her tummy.

 

“You weren’t supposed to hear that!” Chorong’s pressed her palms together on her stomach, and her cheeks flushed red.

 

At this case, Joonmyun couldn’t help himself, but he felt that it was awesome that his curiosity just bought him to come into terms with his distorted thoughts.

 

“It’s my treat then, so you could stop thinking about what happened a while ago. Just keep on eating later on okay? And I promise I’d buy you a bucket of chicken feet every month!”

 

Her face brightened when she heard that last 4 words come out from Joonmyun’s mouth and before he knew it….

 

 She was stuck in his arm again.

 


 

 

That would be all guise. -takes my leave- and soo i'll be back around april ;D

 

-Slorrpee