The Notes I

Love Language

 

"Himchan Hyung!! Come on hurry up!!!" Daehyun frantically waved from his position outside the school entrance.

"C-coming!!!" Himchan could be seen pratically running across the wide school yard, clutching his school bag tightly, his face was red because of the pressure he was exerting. Finally he reached the spot where Daehyun stood. He placed a hand over his heart and tried to settle his breathing. "W-what's the big dea-"

Smack!

"OW!!!" His outburst had scared severel pigeons that were resting innocently on top of the school gate and they flew off startled. "What the freak was that for?"

A small laugh left Daehyun's lips. "Payback." he simply replied dusting his hands off and placing them in his pockets. "For yesterday...when you smacked me because I was late."

Grumbling Himchan rubbed his sore arm and readjusted the strap on his bag. He started walking forwards only to turn back and shoot Daehyun a glare. "Well? What are you waiting for? Lets go!"

He waved his non-bruised arm and proceeded to walk down the sidewalk. "Don't make me smack you again..." he mumbled. Thankfully Daehyun was too far behind to catch the last part his little rant.

Still chuckling Daehyun ran ahead to catch up with his best friend, trying his best to ignore the curious stares of his fellow classmates. He slung an arm over Himchan's shoulder. Daehyun blinked. *Somehow this feels really familiar.* Shrugging it off the two of them just proceeded to walk down the street and away from the school.

It had been a strangely good day for Daehyun. In fact it was more like great. He wasn't swarmed with a mass of crazy fan girls, there were no letters or strange things placed in his locker, no girls approached him to try and flirt, and best yet he had gotton no crazy confessions. It was a strangely quiet day, but it wasn't like Daehyun even noticed. He was too busy thinking about a certain auburn haired boy he had met yesterday. He had made the promise to go back, but he wasn't even sure if the boy would be there again.

*Well there's always a chance.* With a sudden boost of confidence he slung his bag over his shoulder and walked with his head held up a little higher. He was positive he was going to see the boy again.

This time though he was determined to make an impression.

"Well somebody's sure perky today." Himchan's little comment broke Daehyun from his daydream. He turned to face him.

"What?" Daehyun asked. "Sorry, did you say something?"

Himchan gave Daehyun a look and rolled his eyes, a smile tugged at his lips. "I said...somebody's sure upbeat today."

Daehyun shook his head, "I don't know what your talking about." he denied.

Himchan gave a small scoff. "Right...You can't lie to me. I know something happened yesterday when you were gone."

He gave Daehyun a sly smile. "So who is this special person that captured your heart?"

If Daehyun was drinking water he would have spat it right out of his mouth (and on to Himchan's face), but he wasn't so he settled for opening and closing his mouth in shock. "W-what?" He gasped."Why in the world would you ask me that? I told you nothing happened."

Although Daehyun couldn't stop his mind from flashing back to yesterday. His gaze automatically softened when he thought about the delicate looking auburn haired boy. He realized he didn't even know his name, yet it was the first time he had ever reacted so strongly to anybody. The boy wouldn't leave his mind and he desperately wanted to see him again. No, he needed to see him again.

Himchan didn't miss the look that flashed across his best friends face and he gave a knowing smile. *Aha...caught.*

Flashback to Yesterday

"Daehyun! There you are!!" A very distraught and angry looking Himchan called. He was standing in front of the bubble tea shop arms crossed with a clear look of disapproval on his face.

"Ahh hey Hyung." Daehyun gave a meek wave, tilting his head a little in the process.

Himchan uncrossed his arms and with his one of his arms held high, strode over to where Daehyun stood.

Daehyun gave a small yelp and tried to cover his face with his hands. "Ahh!! I'm sorry! Please don't kill me. I'll never make fun of or argue with you again!" he tried to reason.

Himchan approached where Daehyun was standing, but instead of smacking him like Daehyun expected, he settled for thumping him lightly on the head. Daehyun lowered his hands in confusion.

"Yah...just don't scare me like that again alright?" He saw Daehyun nod and let a small sigh escape his lips. "Nearly gave me heart attack..." he muttered. Lucky for him Daehyun was still trying to register the fact that he didn't get hit and didn't catch the last part of his sentence.

He gave a huge sigh of relief. *Thank god he wasn't mad....I think I would have died if he was. Attractive cashier at the boba shop or not I don't think anybody can stop and an angry Himchan.* He gave a light shudder at the thought, but quickly brushed it off. 

*Although...* Daehyun's lips curved into a smile and his eyes turned thoughtful. *I think I could handle an angry Himchan if it meant being able to meet him today.*

"Yah." Himchan stated noticing his friends wistful gaze. "What were you thinking about just now?" He gave Daehyun's arm a nudge.

Daehyun quickly snapped out of his daze and tried to think of a witty comeback. "U-uh...nothing..." he stammered.

Himchan's face took on a teasing tone, "Oh really now?" He smirked and caught Daehyun's gaze.

"Then I'm sure you can explain to me why you're blushing right now?" He raised an eyebrow.

Daehyun's eyes widned and his hands flew towards his face. *Im blushing?! Oh crap..* He quickely averted his eyes and tried to look anywhere else but right in front of him.

Himchan smirked, knowing full well that there was no way his best friend was going to talk his way out of this one. "So," he started, "Why don't you tell hyung everything that happened..."

 

Daehyun snapped out of his trance. His eyes refocusing on the sidewalk in front of him. He turned towards Himchan and muttered a, "L-like I said. Nothing happened. I was just wandering around yesterday..."

"That's not what it looked like!" Himchan countered.

"Well how would you know what it looked like? You weren't even there when I was gone."

"Exactly! Which is why I'm asking you what happened."

"And I told you...nothing happened...much..."

"Aha! I knew something happened. Why didn't you tell me?" Himchan whined.

"Because you never gave me the chance to."

"Yes I did!! I even specifically asked you! But then you ran away saying that we had to go catch the bus or something." Himchan grumbled.

Just as he was about to get Daehyun to finally explain what happened the brunette loudly exclaimed that it was getting late and that they were going to miss their bus. He was about to protest until he realized that Daehyun was right. If they didn't catch the last bus back...it would have been a long walk home.

The rest of the way home was filled with laughter, jokes, and light teasing about random things as they both ran to catch up with the big yellow vehicle. The events of the day temporairly forgotton, but that didn't mean Himchan would give up trying to find out what happened. He was determined.

Daehyun just shrugged and replied, "Well its was true. I mean did you really want to walk all the way home?"

Himchan just sighed and shook his head. As determined as he was he knew it was pointless to keep pestering Daehyun like this, all they were doing was going around in circles and these weren't the answers Himchan wanted.

He knew that something had happened yesterday during his friends absense. It was more than obvious judging from the fact that all day he had been catching his best friend staring off into space and the fact that every so often he would see a light rush of blood flow into Daehyun's cheeks making them darken ever so slightly.

Himchan knew Daehyun, after all they had been best friends for years. There was no hiding from him. *But I guess he'll tell me when hes ready.* Himchan shook his head again, but this time a smile was on his lips. *He must have really met someone special.*

Deciding to temporairly drop the matter Himchan skipped ahead and swung his hands behind his back. He spun around and yelled, "Yah...Jung Daehyun I'll let it go for now, but I'll find out eventually. You can't hide from Kim Himchan!!" At the last part he brought his arm up and waved it teasingly at Daehyun as a reminder that he wouldn't forget.

Daehyun just shook his head and laughed internally at the display in front of him. Although Himchan was sometimes (or most of the time) loud and obnoxious, he knew when to stop being annoying if the situation called for it. He was a natural moodmaker and Daehyun was thankful that he was his best friend, even if he didn't show it most of the time.

"Thanks Hyung," Daehyun said as he caught up to the now somewhat dizzy male.

Himchan rolled his eyes, but didn't say anything more about the matter. So he opted for the next best thing. "Hey, where are we going today anyways that's so important?"

Now it was Daehyun's turn to give his friend a look. "Don't tell me you don't know hyung." He exclaimed. "We're going back to that Bubble Tea shop!" The smile on Daehyun's face was hard to miss.

"Really? Wae??" Himchan's eyes widned. "But I thought you hated that place, which explains why you left yesterday."

"I never said I hated it," Daehyun replied his smile growing wider, "Their bubble tea is actually pretty good and I'm craving some right now. And besides...I know you want to go back too" he added playfully.

"What was his name again? Yongin? Yongguk?" Daehyun tapped his chin thoughtfully.

Himchan blushed and looked away. "It's Yongguk." He meekly answered with his head turned away.

Laughin Daehyun slung his arm over Himchan's shoulder. "I knew we just weren't going there for bubble tea yesterday. You always have an ulterior motive."

"Y-yah...you can't blame me. I mean did you see him? His voice...that hair..." Himchan was just starting to get over the embarassment of having his crush revealed.

However, that didn't last long.

"Oh now I remember, what was it you were saying to him again? Oh yeah..." Daehyun's eyes took on a michevious look. "Oh Gukkiee hyung you're so funny! I wish I could be as funny as you. Ahaha!"

His voice took on a ridiculously high tone and he batted his eyelashes overdramatically at that last part.

Himchan's face turned multiple shades of red that day.

It was a long walk to the boba shop.

Although as teasing as Daehyun was being...he had his own motives for wanting to go back.


 

 

 

A/N: So I decided to split the second part into two chapters since I didnt want to make you guys wait anymore for an update.
Sorry if this chapter seems a little boring but i thought it was necessary to set up the rest of the story. Plus you get to see more of Daehyun's and Himchan's best friend relationship. Our special boy will be making an appearance again soon!!
I love you all for subscribing and reading. Your comments keep me going!
~ Yumi

Credit for the image goes to here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/idiazsosa/