War-torn Love

It Just Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You + Sulli

If it wasn't for this damn war, I'd be home with my beloved wife and our newborn son, Jisoo. Our platoon is heading towards enemy territory. Our supplies are dangerously low and we're all fighting hunger and dehydration. I think of all of the deprivation is really getting to me, I keep getting flashes of home.


Our commanders told us too have our assault rifles at ready. I silently prayed to myself, I held the cross around my neck, my fingers lingering around on my wedding ring on the chain. Jinri yah, everything will be okay, right? Before I know I'll be home and I'll have you in my arms and Jisoo will be gargling nonsense and crawling all over the place but nonetheless handsome, right?

The boys and I were told to stay alert and keep our eyes peeled. We did everything we were told and followed it to the very last dot. I don't know where we went wrong and neither did our commander. All of us carefully watched our steps while some of us kept watch of the surroundings for any enemy soldiers.

One wrong step and it could mean the end of us. Our cover would be blown and our lives would be compromised. Unfortunately one of the more clumsy soldiers in the platoon accidentally stepped on a landmine. Luckily I was able to jump out the way, escaping the landmine's destructive reach.

I landed on my side a few meters away from some of my comrades. My head was throbbing and my ears ringing. And that's when all hell broke loose.

I caught a glimpse of Jinri. Memories of our first meeting and our dating days flooded my mind. Those precious memories that were embedded in the back of my mind. The adorable IT girl on campus and average me. She was always so smilely with her shoulder length hair sometimes flourished with bouncy curls. I remember how my heart raced on our first date, threatening to burst out of my chest. All because a fateful dare, I found the girl for me. The one that managed to occupy my mine nonstop and find her way into my heart.

 

Kyunghee slapped me and I snapped back into reality. He helped me up and we ran like maniacs for cover in the sandbags that just so happened to be placed out. We both dove into the bags, doing whatever possible to save our skins. I was breathing hard and I could feel the side effects of dehydration and over exertion coming over me.

Our platoon was about to enter combat. With more than half of us were either momentarily or permanently disabled by the landmine we were all sitting ducks. We've only ever experienced enemy fire once and that was when the whole company was together with the guidance of multiple commanders and generals.

In the safety of the sandbags time slowed, I came d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter