In Another Life

It Just Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You X Jessica 

“I was happy that you were happy, but still I was always jealous… jealous that it wasn’t me and sometimes I wished it was,” she said quietly, almost like she was talking to herself and I wasn’t supposed to hear.

So much time had passed us by since the time we were once one, inseparable, a moment in my life that I would of given up almost anything for this girl. Because she was the first girl I loved, my first relationship, nearly my first everything. Even it has been years since the thought of her had even crossed my mind… her words were like a perfectly preserved time capsule, triggering long forgotten memories I purposely expunged from my mind.

Everything I had loved about her in that moment time came rushing back from the deepest depths of my memories. Memories of heartache, and a shattered sense of self-worth that I had tried to hide, because I was ashamed of my emotional vulnerability. I had pushed all my thoughts of her out of my mine, purposefully branding her as my enemy just so all my fondness of a first love could dissipate and I could forget it all. Forget her.

We had both moved on with our lives but for some reason, fate had made it so we crossed each other’s path once again. She was a project manager at the firm that I was assigned to for the week to provide legal counsel. Truly it was such a chance, I was volunteered to cover for the firm’s senior partner while he was out on vacation.

When I saw her, I didn’t immediately recognize her, but for some reason my eyes had picked her out from the people I was meeting with in the boardroom. But it wasn’t long before I realized who she was. The way she wrinkled her nose while she was in thought was unmistakable.

The meeting ended. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter