Goodbye

It Just Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TiffanyXYou: pre-debut right before she leaves for Korea. 

It took all my strength to hold in my tears, seeing her with her suit case and plane ticket in hand. Reality was hitting me after being on cloud nine for years just by having her by my side. The pain in my chest was unbearable, my knees threatening to buckle with each step that we took towards the check in counter. I wanted to grab her hand and pull her into my arms, holding her tight until her plane took off. Just by having the thought of keeping her here in LA with me made me feel even guiltier. I felt so helpless, seeing the girl I love walk away from me. I know I'm already holding her back, and I couldn’t be so any more selfish. This is what she wanted to do and I had to let her go.

I felt my hands trembling at my sides, I quickly tried to hide it by stuffing my hands into my pockets but Uncle Hwang saw. He placed a firm yet comforting hand on my shoulder. I could see the sadness in his eyes. The weary bags under his eyes as visible as his puffy red eyes. For once, we understood each other. I understood his pain of losing his baby girl, and he understood my pain of losing my best friend. Even though he never mentioned it, I’m sure he was aware of my feelings for his daughter. There was no hiding the adoration and unconditional love I felt for her. But in this moment we both knew we had no control, and the best thing we could do was let her do it and pray everything would be okay.

The closer we got to the desk, the heavier my steps became. With each step I took, it felt like the gravity on me was increasing tenfold. With a heavy heart I marched all the way to that counter, stopping at Fany’s side.

I stared intensely at Fany, memorizing every detail I could. The way her hand brushed against her leg as she took a step. The folds of her flats. How her luscious black hair shined. The way she brushed her bangs out of her hair. How her hand gripped her fluorescent pink suitcase handle. The way she tilted her head cutely to the side when she smile brightly.

The six of us; Fany, Noona, Hyung, Uncle Hwang, Aunty and I walked slowly to the terminal. They said goodbye to her, but I waited until the very last moment, trying to prolong our time together up to the last millisecond.

“So…this is..” was all I managed to say without my voice shaking. My lips were already trembling, my eyes getting moist. I bit my lip and tried to look strong. I stared into her eyes, holding her hands tightly. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter