Scandalous

Story Factory [Oneshot Requests] - Temporarily closed

Supa Luv - Teen Top ♪


I sighed as I looked through one of the magazines on the rack. I haven`t even flipped through the pages. It was right there on the cover. It was Niel. And me. In a scandal. Not that I`ve been in a lot of scandals, but I just sort of expected this to happen one day.

I firmly repositioned my sunglasses so no one would recognize me to be the same girl on the magazine. That`ll cause too much trouble. I put back the magazine on the rack, not even bothering to read the actual article.

I slowly walked through the busy streets of Seoul as I tried to process the possibilities of being in a scandal with an idol. I just sighed. I felt like I was a burden to Niel. We`ve been friends for a long time, but that was it. Nothing more. I don`t know if I`m even worthy of showing him my face anymore. I`ve brought him enough problems.

Just when I had that thought, my phone rang. And coincidently enough, it was Niel`s name on caller ID.

"Yeoboseyo?" I picked up, a little hesitantly.

I heard him take a deep breath. "It`s going to be ok. Don`t worry, ok?"

"..Ne."

 

Even now, with the scandal, I still found myself hanging out in Teen Top`s dorm. I just can`t keep away, I guess? Niel`s pretty much my closest friend and having to be acquainted with his group had to be part of it.

I sat down on the couch, not really waiting for anything specifically. I got in the habit of just hanging out there for no particular reason. I sighed after seeing the celebrity news talk about our scandal again. This time, they had a short footage of Niel not denying nor supporting the scandal.

My elbow was resting on the arm rest, with my chin on the palm of my hand. I felt restless. 

"Rin?" I heard someone call from behind. Only one person calls me that. I have no idea how he got that out of 'Kira,' my actual name.

I turned around. "Ah, L.Joe." I tried to smile at him. Don`t get me wrong, I really was happy to see someone there, it`s just that my mood got destroyed after getting reminded by the scandal all over again.

He had a concerned look on his face. "Are you ok?" he asked me. 

I nodded.

L.Joe made his way to the seat next to me. I found it quite odd. I`ve known him for a long time too, but he hasn`t gone this close to me. Ever.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

This time, I chuckled. The look on his face wasn`t exactly funny, but it made me laugh for some reason. "Yeah. Sort of."

"Yah! Why are you laughing right now?" He pouted. And I found it cute..?

I waved my hand. "Nothing," I said. "I guess I`m just happy to have someone here right now."

"Oh." L.Joe suddenly had a grin on his face. He looked incredibly happy.

Just then, someone came in the dorm. "Niel?" I recognized who it was.

"Aki, we need to talk," he said as he walked closer. L.Joe stood up and walked away as I think he felt it was better for the situation.

"What`s up?" I asked him.

Niel found his way to the other couch that was near the one I was sitting on. "About the scandal.. I think we should stop hanging out for a bit?" His face looked uneasy.

I felt a disappointed look form on my face. It felt weird that he was asking me this. I don`t know how I`ll be without him by my side for a while. Nonetheless, I nodded as I understood why.

"It`s just maybe for a week or two, ok?" he reassured me.

 

It`s been two days since my last conversation with Niel, and I found myself staying at home for those days. There really wasn`t anything to do. Besides, I wanted to lay low for a while.

Rin, are you free? - L.Joe

My eyes widened as I read his text message. For as long as I had L.Joe`s number, I have never called or texted him and he never has with me either.

Yeah, why? ^^ - Kira

I, weirdly enough, anxiously waited for his reply.

Do you wanna hang out? - L.Joe

 

We met up at a nearby cafe. Unlike Niel, L.Joe was smart. He had a disguise on.

"Annyeong~" he greeted me as he saw me walk in.

I smiled and greeted him back, "Annyeong."

"So what do you want?" L.Joe pointed to the cafe`s menu.

"No, no!" I tried to decline his offer. "I can buy my own drink." I didn`t feel like it was normal for him to treat me like this.

I headed for the cashier and ordered my usual hot chocolate. Before I can even reach for my wallet, I saw L.Joe handing money to the cashier. "I`m paying for her," he said. I just slightly bowed and thank him for his sudden good actions towards me.

 

There was a park right across the cafe, so we decided to walk there. We both had our own hot chocolates in hand. For a few minutes, we walked around without saying a word. We have never really had a good conversation before, so everything felt awkward.

Even though it was out of my character, I decided to break the silence. "So why`d you decide to ask me out? I mean, in a friend-to-friend way, of course." I laughed and scratched my head at my failure of wording.

L.Joe smiled at me as he saw me laughing. "Well, I know about the whole thing with you and Niel," he said. "I thought you needed a companion."

I nodded. The truth was, I actually did.

 

Days passed and I found myself spending a lot of time with L.Joe. We were getting pretty close. He proved to be a friend as good as Niel. Although we`ve only been hanging out for about a week, we learned to be comfortable with each other.

 

"It`s only 5PM," I said while looking out the dorm`s window. "But why is it getting dark already?" Suddenly, the sky lit up, showing a flash of lightning. I jumped a little since I got slightly surprised.

I heard L.Joe laugh from the kitchen. "You`re not gonna die, don`t worry."

"Yah!" I pouted after he teased me. I sat on the couch, waiting for whatever meal he said he was going to prepare.

Finally, he walked to the living room with a tray and two plates. "Omoo~" I admired the food he brought. It looked fancy, but I knew it was just some kimchi and rice cleverly placed on the plates.

"Dinner is served!" He placed the tray on the small center table. Like a real gentleman, he handed me my plate. He then took his own and sat beside me. I turned the TV on. We watched some variety shows while we ate.

Once we finished our meals, rain started to pour outside. We placed our finished plates on the table and awkwardly sat on the couch, side by side.

"I`ll get you a blanket." L.Joe said. He noticed how I was shivering a little.

He brought a blue blanket back and playfully threw it at me. I laughed at the way he acted. In return, he tried tickling me. For some reason, it didn`t even feel odd. 

We continued watching shows, since we both found it pretty fun. Halfway through the current show, I noticed him looking a bit cold. His body looked stiff and he released some shivers here and there. I subconsciously threw the other half of the blanket over his body. I had to move closer though, so it wouldn`t feel like it lacked.

"Thanks," he said with a smile. "I guess I needed that."

Suddenly, another lightning came from the sky. And again, it caused me to jump up a little.. and fall to my side.. which led me to bump into L.Joe. I tried to recover and get back up to my normal position, but then I felt an arm encircle my body.

"Better?" L.Joe tightened his hold on me. I felt safe.

I nodded as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Rin-ah," he said.

I looked up at his gentle face that was just a few inches away from mine. "Yeah?"

"I`ve actually.. admired you for a long time now," he confessed.

I felt my eyes widen at his sudden words.

"But I haven`t had a chance to get close to you."

"..Because of Niel?" I guessed.

L.Joe nodded with an embarrassed look on his face. "..Exactly."

I wrapped my arms around him. "You know we`re just friends right? Me and Niel.."

He nodded hesitantly. I`m guessing he thought the other way.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of lips on my cheek.

I looked at him once he pulled away. For a while, we just stared at each other`s eyes. In the end, we both smiled, knowing that the both of us felt the same.


Yaaaayyyyy~ I hope this came out good. ^^ Even though I think some parts seem rushed. .___. Again, I do not know Teen Top that well, so I might`ve gotten their personalities wrong.

OMG. Your comments. They make me crey. ;~; They really mean a lot. I never thought people would actually like my writing. `Cause, personally, I don`t like it. OTL I love you guys. ;3;