Remember Me

Story Factory [Oneshot Requests] - Temporarily closed

Aki no Sora - NEWS ♪


"Sumimasen." Sayomi apologized and bowed without even looking to see who it was that she bumped into.

"Iie, daijobu da yo," he said, but she barely heard his words since she already walked away from the scene.

 

Sayomi went straight to her designated position for the art exhibition. It wasn`t just any art exhibition, it was Tokyo`s main and annual art exhibition. After many years of hard work, everything finally paid off for her.

"Konnichiwa." She bowed at her spectators. "Yamazaki Sayomi desu," she introduced herself. She then gestured to the paintings behind her. "These here are my original works." She smiled as she explained what each painting meant.

Once she finished her presentation, the crowd around her gave her a short applause before going ahead to either look at the paintings again or move on to others.

"These are really good," someone said from beside her.

Sayomi looked to her right, discovering a guy scanning one of her paintings. He turned around and immediately, she recognized him.

She gasped and stepped back to bow. "Thank you, Kato-san."

Who was it? It was no other than NEWS` Kato Shigeaki. It was already expected that known people were going to be in the event, but she, for some reason, became extremely overwhelmed seeing him there. Maybe it was because she`s been a fan of his group for quite some time now. 

Shige turned around and bowed at her. "Yamazaki Sayomi, right?" he asked with a slight chuckle. "You were the girl I bumped into earlier."

Sayomi`s eyes widened. "Ah! I`m really sorry," she apologized again. "I wasn`t paying attention. I was in a hurry."

Shige shook his head. "Don`t worry, I completely understand." He smiled at her. "It`s pretty hectic around here."

"Hai." She nodded shyly.

"So this one.." Shige turned around to look at one of her paintings once again. "What was this about again?"

Sayomi walked next to him and looked at her own painting. "It`s a picture of how I see autumn," she explained. "It`s my favorite season, actually. It`s that transition between summer and winter, and I feel most relaxed during that time."

"But don`t the trees shed their leaves then?" 

Sayomi nodded. "I love how beautiful trees look, but don`t get me wrong. Because of that, I get to focus on the sky more."

Shige turned his head and looked at her. "The sky is beautiful, isn`t it?"

She nodded once again. "It really is." A smile formed on her face.

"Hey uhm.." Shige said, quite shyly. "This may seem sudden, but do you maybe want to hang out with me after..?"

Sayomi`s eyes widened. She couldn`t believe what she was hearing. "Uhm.. I`m busy later," she said, which was actually true.

"How about tomorrow then?"

She smiled and nodded. "That works."

 

The breeze in the park was so nice that day. It blew lightly, giving the atmoshphere such a wonderful feeling.

Sayomi sat on the bench, waiting. She relaxed herself, almost forgetting the whole reason she was there in the first place.

"Sayomi-chan~" a familiar voice greeted her from behind, reminding her of her initial intents.

She looked behind her, and surely enough, he was there. "Shige-san," she said as she stood up and bowed at him.

Shige slightly laughed at her. "You don`t have to act all formal," he said. "You bow too much."

Sayomi felt her cheeks burn up. "Gomen ne," she apologized. "It`s just that.. you know, you`re famous."

Shige shook his head with a slight pout on his lips. "From now on, look at me as your friend," he told her. "Not some famous idol."

 

Like he said, Sayomi tried her best to completely break off the celebrity status he saw in him. As hard as it was, she still managed. But Shige acted so warm around her, which helped a lot.

"Sayo-chan, you seem really happy."

"It`s spring. Everything`s just beautiful," she said.

Shige raised a brow at her. "But I thought you like autumn," he said, a little puzzled.

"I do," Sayomi answered. "But it`s hard not to appreciate all the seasons, you know?"

He nodded. "Ikku?" He gestured to the amusement park entrance.

 

"Kawaii, ne?" Shige grinned as he placed a headband with puppy ears on Sayomi`s head. "Now, we match." He pointed to the headband he was wearing. It was the same as hers, except in was in a darker color.

Sayomi covered her face in embarrassment. "Are you sure it`s ok? I don`t look pathetic?"

Shige shook his head. "Iie. You look perfect." Out of the blue, he took her hand and held it in his. "Shall we go now, my lady?" He looked at her with one of his killer smiles.

Sayomi looked at their hands linked together. She didn`t know what to say. He was so.. perfect.

 

There were so much to do in the amusement park, and they definitely took advantage of that. They stopped to ride most of the rides, no matter how scary or even childish they may be. They watched the most of the local shows together. They ate cotton candy together. They even went to the circus-like games where Shige won a small teddy bear. In the end, he just gave it to Sayomi.

 

The day wasn`t getting any younger, and the night sky was now visible. 

"It`s getting dark," Sayomi pointed out.

"Let`s go on the ferris wheel," Shige said. "It`s a good way to end this day."

They walked to the ferris wheel and occupied one of the cars. The ride slowly got going, bringing them to the top.

"Everything.. is just so beautiful," Sayomi said as she looked at the city below her.

Shige smiled. "Just like you," he said under his breath.

"Eh?" 

He smirked at her. "I said, you`re beautiful."

"..Thank you."  Sayomi felt her cheeks burn up again.

"Sayo-chan," Shige called her, but with his eyes on the sky.

"Ne?"

"Promise me one thing," he said, still looking outside.

Sayomi leaned in closer. "What is that?"

"Promise me that no matter what season it is," he started. "You`ll always remember this day." Shige turned to now look at her. "Remember this day. Remember the time that we`ve spent together. Remember me."

And then it struck her. Shige was a celebrity. This was probably a one day thing. She`ll probably never see him again. Once they go out the ferris wheel, it`s all over. 

She felt tears starting to form, but she managed to keep them in. "I promise."

They looked at each others` eyes and smiled. 

The ferris wheel took another rotation, which was now the last. 

"One more turn, and I guess it`s goodbye," Sayomi said while looking out to the sky.

Shige just nodded, agreeing to the undeniable truth.

Suddenly, they felt the ride stop abruptly.

We`re sorry, but we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. The ride will resume shortly.

Shige and Sayomi looked at each other with laughter forming on their faces. They looked out and saw that out of all the other cars, they were on top. They were stuck together, with the sky right above them


Hihihihihihi. This was my first JPop request here. ^___^ I was so happy. Lol. I`m JPop biased, you see. :3

This oneshot`s aight for me. IDK. I feel like the first part was really rushed. o__o Oh well. I hope you still liked it. :DD I took the whole idea of 'Aki no Sora,' and tried to get the theme of autumn and seasons in general. Hurhur.

Oh yeah, I`m temporarily closing apps. OTL They pile up really fast. Everytime I update, I get like three new requests. o__o So yeah.

This is random, but I`m craving vampire fics. Lol. Omgwhat.

Comment/subscribe~