My Name

Story Factory [Oneshot Requests] - Temporarily closed

You Don`t Know My Name - Alicia Keys ♪


[gray text = English]

"So how are you liking Seoul so far?" my friend Minyoung asked. I`ve only been in Korea for a couple of weeks, and of course settling in takes a while. Minyoung`s the daughter of one of my parents` officemates. They introduced me to her since I didn`t have any friends in the country. Although my Korean`s pretty conversational, I still talk to Minyoung in English. She`s the only person I know here who speaks decent English.

I looked at her and smiled. "I love it here." It`s true. The place is just so wonderful!

We were at the local mall, just going through the stores. We weren`t really buying anything. It was just more of window shopping. There was a Sanrio store there, and Minyoung insisted we go inside. She went straight to the farther end of the store. I assume, she was looking for something specific. I, on the other hand, walked slowly through the store while looking at the cute merchandise. Being completely distracted, I bumped into some guy.

"I-I-I`m sorry," he stuttered with his English. People here always try to talk to me in English since I physically am obviously a foreigner. 

"It`s ok," I replied in Korean. I looked over at him.. and wow, he was gorgeous. I could see the shock in his face.

He smiled at me. "You know Korean?"

"I`m not 100% fluent, but yeah." I smiled back at him.

"Well, that`s nice." He scratched his head. He then bowed and went out the store.

I stood there for a while, trying to process what happened. First, I bumped into some handsome guy. Second, I talked to him in straight Korean. Probably one of the best things that has happened to me ever since I got here.

I felt someone tap my back. "Naomi!" I turned back to see Minyoung. "Do you know who that person is? The one that bumped into you?"

I shrugged. "No, not really. Why?"

"Yong Junhyung. Well, he goes to our school," she said. "And he`s quite popular since he`s a Cube trainee."

"Cube? The entertainment company right?"

She nodded. 

Yong Junhyung.

 

After a whole month here in Korea, I finally get to go to school. Finally! I`ve been wanting to experience this for so long~

I met up with Minyoung before going to school, since I didn`t want to go there alone.

I stopped and took a deep breath before entering the school gates. "Naomi, fighting!" I told myself.

"Fighting!" Minyoung smiled at me.

After looking through the class list, we found out that we weren`t in the same class. Right then and there, I felt completely scared. Minyoung has always been there for me to guide me through. How am I suppose to get through class without her??

She tapped my shoulder. "Yah. It`s ok. I`m sure your classmates will be welcoming."

I just nodded.

 

After quite a struggle, I finally found my classroom. It was at the fourth floor. -___-

I awkwardly went inside, not knowing what the heck to do. I heard the students inside starting to chatter.. well.. about me. I guess they heard from somewhere that a new American student was coming that day.

I approached one of the girls. Thankfully, she smiled at me and proved to be a pretty nice person. "Do we just sit anywhere?"

She nodded. "Omoo~ You speak Korean?"

I nodded at the question I hear almost everyday. When I was about to walk to a seat, she stopped me. "Wait!" she shouted. "I`m Yunhee, by the way." She put her hand out, asking for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you." I shook her hand. "My name`s Naomi." Before I knew it, I made three other friends in class.They were Yunhee`s other friends. We had a short conversation, mostly about me and the school. They were surprisingly really nice. They tried to help me right off the bat.

I took a seat next to Yunhee when the bell rang. The teacher came in and immediately took attendance.

"Lee Jonghun."

"Jung Yunhee."

"Choi Sungha."

And then she stopped for a while, and looked around the classroom. Not so surprisingly, her eyes stopped at me. "Class, we have a new classmate from America," she said. "Please be nice to Naomi-ssi."

I looked around and did a few bows.

"Yong Junhyu-"

Right then, someone barged into the door. "I`m here, Ms. Park!"

Ms. Park sighed. "Junhyung, always late." She marked her attendance sheet.

My heart felt like it stopped for a bit. It was him. I knew we were in the same school, but I didn`t expect him to be in the same class as me. I smiled idiotically, and thankfully, no one saw.

 

Thirty minutes have passed since lunch time has started. I sat awkwardly on my seat the whole time.. I was too shy to approach Yunhee again.

"Hey," someone said from behind me.

I looked back. "Ah, Junhyung-ssi, right?"

He nodded. "I didn`t know you went to this school."

"I-It`s my first day here, actually." Wow, way to stutter.

Junhyung smiled his sweet smile. "So I guess I`ll be seeing you quite often."

"Yeah."

 

"Pepero day?" I asked Minyoung. I`ve been here for several months, and the two of us speak in Korean to each other now. "It`s today??"

She nodded with a smile on her face. "I bet you wanna give someone one. And I can guess who it is."

I froze for a bit. "Psh. What the heck are you talking about?"

"Junhyung, duh."

Well, I can`t lie. I do like him. I`ve liked him for a while now, but I`m pretty sure every one else does. Besides, I don`t think he even knows my name.

I never got the chance to give him one. I didn`t have enough courage.

But you know what actually made my day at that time? It was the fact that someone left me a box of Pepero on my desk. Sadly, it was unnamed.

 

It`s been almost a year and a half now since Junhyung left our high school to focus on his career. We were all now in college. Of course, I still had Minyoung by my side.

While we were eating lunch, she handed me an envelope.

I opened it and took out what was inside. "B-B-B2ST tickets??"

Minyoung brought me along to B2ST`s concert later that night. I was excited and nervous at the same time. It`s been a while since I`ve seen him.

We had seats that were pretty close to the stage. It felt really great. Minyoung and I sang, cheered, and danced all the way. They were just so amazing. I`m not even gonna lie. My eyes were on Junhyung most of the time. Fortunately, he never made eye contact with me. That would be completely embarrassing.

After the concert, Minyoung dragged me along the hallway. She went to the restroom while I waited outside.

While I was standing there, I heard a familiar voice. "Hey."

I turned, and to my surprise, the boy I`ve always loved was there. "J-J-Junhyung."

He smiled his sweet smile. "How`s it been, Naomi?"

"I`ve been good," I replied. "Wait, how`d you know I was here?"

"I saw you. You were at the concert."

"Wait.. so you saw me??" I said. "You never looked to my direction.."

Junhyung laughed. "Do you know why?"

I just looked at him, confused.

"Because if I looked at you long enough, I might have not been able to look away." He stepped closer to me, close enough for me to feel him breathing.

"Junhyung-"

He stopped me by stealing my first kiss.

He pulled away for a while, still breathing on my face. "And if you ever wondered, I was the one who left you that Pepero box that one day." He then closed the gap between us.

Ha, he does know my name.


Me and my crappy endings. >__>