Cold Heart, Baby

Story Factory [Oneshot Requests] - Temporarily closed

A.Mi.Go - SHINee ♪


Well, I can`t believe this. I agreed to do this stupid dare my friend was just kidding about.

What`s the dare, you ask? Make Choi Minho believe that I love him. Simple right? Not. Sure, everyone girl`s head-over-heels for that guy. He`s part of that famous group, SHINee. With that, it should be easy to pretend. But not for me. That guy and I. We`ve known each other way before he even became a trainee.

We used to be really good friends, but that ended when we got into a serious argument. Heh, it`s his fault anyway. 

So yeah. Right before high school, we just never talked to each other again. We wouldn`t even dare to look at each other`s eyes.

 

It was lunch time and I walked through the hallway, looking for Minho`s classroom

Aish. It`s been years.

He was right there, standing by the doorway. Oddly, he wasn`t with anyone that time. He was just.. standing there.

I took a deep breath before walking walking closer to him. I stood next to him while leaning on the wall. "Hey," I calmly said without even looking at him.

"What do you want?" Minho asked. Wow. It`s been a long time since I`ve heard his voice. Excluding songs and TV, of course.

"How`s life?" ..-___- Good job, Arianne.

I heard him slightly laugh at my response. "Uhm.. good, I guess."

"Oh, that`s good."

And then there was an extremely awkward pause. 

At the same time, we turned our heads to look at each other. "So.." we suddenly said together. We both laughed at our exchange.

We then went back to our original positions. 

"It`s been a long time, don`t you think?" Minho said.

I nodded, knowing he could see me from the side of his eye. "It really has been." You do not know how much I wanted to just bring up the past again. He still owes me a huge apology.

He scoffed. "I know you`re still mad, so I really have no idea why you`re doing this."

"I am mad," I admitted. "But don`t you think it`s about time we make up?" UGH. STUPID DARE. STUPID, STUPID DARE.

"Oh?" He looked at me. "And why is that?"

I took a deep breath. There`s no point in beating around the bush anyway. "Because.. I l-l-l-love y-you..?" I stuttered, and failed to end my sentence with the right tone.

Right then and there, he burst out laughing. "Who brought you up to this??" He reads me so well.

I sighed. "My friend," I admitted. "So do me a favor and act like you know I like you."

He laughed at me, yet again. "And why would I do that?"

"Because you owe me," I said.

"I don`t owe you anything."

"It was all your fault, stupid."

He sighed. "It wasn`t my fault," he said. "But since you might end up getting my image destroyed, sure, I`ll play along."

 

I was sitting quietly on my chair, just waiting for class to start. It`s been four days since I talked to Minho. And no, we haven`t even seen each other since then.

"Arianne," Yunhee, my friend, went up to me. "Have you done it?" She was referring to the dare.

I nodded my head proudly. "The same day you dared me to."

Yunhee gasped. "You better not be lying to me."

"Go ask him yourself," I reassured her.

 

After school, Yunhee and I met up, as usual.

"I asked Minho," she said.

I guiltily looked at her. "..And?"

"You`re right," she said. "You got him fooled."

I gave out a sigh of relief. "Of course. What did I tell you?"

Yunhee kiddingly shrugged at me. "Oh yeah," she suddenly said. "Minho asked me to tell you to meet up with him in the usual place tomorrow." She looked a little confused. "I asked him what the usual place was, but he said you`ll know."

I nodded. "Yeah, I know where that is."

 

I walked around the place. I go here often, but it`s been a while. It`s been a while since it was with him. To be quite honest, I really do miss those times. I don`t necessarily miss him, but I miss those moments.

"It`s been a long time since I`ve been here." It was Minho.

I shrugged. "It`s your loss. This park`s beautiful." I looked around the place. Other than the actual appearance of it, the weather was also perfect. It wasn`t too hot or too cold, and the breeze blew just right.

"It really is." He smiled. It`s been a while since I`ve seen that smile too.

"So why did you want to meet up?" I asked.

Minho gestured to the nearby bench. He sat down and I followed.

"I thought about what you said," he answered. "About.. making up."

I lightly gasped. "I`m alright with making up," I said. "As long as you apologized, pabo." Ugh. I`m not a hundred percent ok with it, but I really do want an apology.

"It`s NOT my fault," he said defensively. "You knew that if I didn`t go, I wouldn`t be able to get into SM. I told you beforehand!"

"And because you didn`t go, I lost my only chance to get into the high school of my dreams!" I was so close to crying. I wanted to go so badly. Going to that performing arts high school was my dream, and I was one performance away. I basically had the scholarship. I just needed to perform just once more before getting officially admitted. "You knew my performance couldn`t happen without you there!"

"Arianne.."

"Minho, you`re freaking selfish," I told him. "That meeting wasn`t even mandatory. It was an open, informal conference. Besides, SM wanted you. They wouldn`t have given you up for anything."

Minho took his fist and jammed it on the open space between us."Maybe I was selfish," he admitted. "Is that wrong??"

"Yes!" I answered back, still trying to keep my tears back.

He took a few seconds and lower his head so I couldn`t see his face. "Is it wrong that I just wanted to keep you by my side?"

I stopped. Did I just here that right. "What?"

"Is it wrong that I didn`t want you to go to that school, so you could stay here with me?"

Those tears that I kept were now flowing down my face. I had no words.

"Maybe it is selfish," he said with anger in his voice. "But is it my fault that I fell for you?"

"..What?" I just couldn`t comprehend anything he was saying.

"But because of what I did, we became more distant." He grasped on his knees. "Stupid, Minho. Stupid."

I couldn`t see him like this. Now that I know the truth, it just hurt to see him in this state.

I bridged the gap between us and gently threw my arms around him. "Minho, you`re so selfish," I told him. "Why didn`t you just tell me?"

"You would`ve rejected me."

"No, I wouldn`t have. Pabo." I lightly hit his back.

We sat in the same position for a good amount of time. It hurt. It hurt a lot. It hurt that he just kept everything away like that.

"I hate how I`m the one basking in the glory now," he said with a slight chuckle. "I don`t deserve any of this."

I pulled away from him, but stayed close. "Yes, you do. You`re an amazing rapper, singer, and dancer," I said. "And would it hurt to say that you`re absolutely good looking too?" I chuckled.

He laughed, now slightly looking better. "I still love you, you know?"

I felt my heart skip a beat. Love is such a powerful word. "I do too," I said. "I love you too." 

Minho finally faced me. "You do..?"

I nodded and smiled at him. "And I was stupid enough to let myself believe that I didn`t.


Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Lol. My plots are like these recently. OTL I need to make more happy plots. I do not like crying scenes. >___>