Like Last Time

Story Factory [Oneshot Requests] - Temporarily closed

Hello - SHINee ♪


I took the last fluff of cotton candy from the bag we`ve been sharing for the past few minutes. I turned back to throw the trash away, and when I got back I saw him laughing at me.

“What?” I looked at him confused as I savored the last bits of the cotton candy.

He gently wiped my cheek with his thumb. “Do you even know where your mouth is?” He chuckled, showing me the small amount of cotton candy he retrieved from my face.

I scratched my head. “Well that`s embarrassing.”

He pinched my other cheek hard enough to make me squint. “And that`s why I love you.” His beautiful smile appeared, making me fall in love with him all over again.

 

Today, we ditched school. Neither of us have done this before, but we knew we had to have the day to ourselves. We spent the whole day together, not wasting even a single second. We started off as early as breakfast, leading on to doing anything we had in mind. We went around the mall, played in the arcade, watched a movie, ate a couple of times, sang karaoke, strolled around the park..

The day was perfect.

 

The sun left the sky and darkness was now upon us. “The day`s almost over..” he said under his breath.

I couldn`t help but let a tear fall from my eye. “I don`t want tomorrow to come.” I felt myself starting to sob.

“Baby, if I could make this day last forever, I would.” He encircled my waist with his arms and pulled me into a tight hug. “I really would,” he reassured with sadness in his voice. He let go a few inches and looked deep into my eyes. “Heeyeon, I love you so much.” His lips crashed into mine without any hesitation. His touch warmed my whole body up. I didn`t want to let go.

“I love you so much Joon,” I finally said. “With all my heart.”

For months now, I knew this day would come, but never did I think that it would hurt this much.

 

“Hee, I swear, your ex looks exactly like that guy from MBLAQ,” Hyojin, my friend here in university, said all of a sudden. For some reason, she got hold of my wallet. -__-

I sighed, snatching my wallet back. “He doesn`t, ok.”

Hyojin shrugged as if she didn`t buy my words. “So what`s his name?”

I raised an eyebrow at her. That was random. “Lee,” I said. “Changsun.” Heh, and I wasn`t lying either. There`s this thing called a birth name.

Hyojin nodded. Hopefully, she`s satisfied now. “Well, I`ll get going. I still have class.”

I bid her a short goodbye before turning the opposite direction to my own class. I still had about half an hour left, but I guess there`s no harm in getting there early.

As I walked to my department`s building, I touched my face, only to feel the side of my eye to be moist. I didn`t cry. What the-

Oh.

It`s been years, and I haven`t gotten over you yet? NO. I have. It`s just that.. ugh.

I shook my head, hoping to get myself straight again. Before stepping in the classroom, I always make sure I get a look at the bulletin board outside. I know that sounds a bit geeky, but I just want to see if there`s anything there that catches my interest.

Dance auditions..

Choir concert..

Exams next week..

YES! NO CLASSES ON THE 20TH~

Seoul field trip..

Heh, I almost forgot about that. That`s in three days. And to think that I was quite excited for it the first time. But then again, I`m transferring to Seoul in a few months so maybe that`s why I`m not as psyched as before.

 

We`ve been here in Seoul for two days now, doing a bunch of hands-on classes and activities. It was quite fun and interesting, actually. There was a lot more material here than there was back in Busan.

Right now, we`re on our third day and the professors decided to have this as a free day.

“I managed to get some seats for Music Core later,” Hyojin said excitedly. She has actually been my roommate since the first day we came here. “Wanna come with?”

I nodded happily. I`ve always wanted to experience being part of the audience in one of those music shows. Besides, those idols are pretty y, if I must admit. ;3 Ha, maybe I`ll bump into him there.

“I can`t exactly remember, but I think the seats I got are for 2PM,” Hyojin told me.

I nodded, feeling both excited and.. disappointed? I mean, I love 2PM. And I coincidentally have a huge crush on Chansung. I even have a Chansung hoodie, which I luckily brought for the trip. Hehe. I love 2PM.

And I`m disappointed because.. nevermind. It`s all good. :)

 

There were a lot of people in the studio. More than I even expected.

I stood in one of the surprisingly empty hallways as I waited for Hyojin to get our tickets validated. I think I walked too much and got too far inside the building. I decided to find my way back, which I eventually did. But on my way there, I saw his group enter their dressing room.

I froze on the spot.

I let out a sigh. I don`t think he saw me.

 

“Hee,” Hyojin called on to me as she read the tickets. “I think I got mixed up.” She smiled at me innocently. She handed me my ticket and I carefully read it just to see what she meant.

“M.. BLAQ?” I looked at her with eyes wide open. “Hyo, are you serious?” To be honest, I didn`t know what to feel. I was dead-on excited to see 2PM, but then I find out I`m watching MBLAQ instead? I didn`t know if I was ready.

Hyojin slowly nodded as if I was slow to understand. “Yeah.” She placed her hand on my shoulder and looked at me with a creepy smile. I think she`s up to something. “Anything wrong with that?”

 

I`ve seen them perform on TV before, so I wasn`t as surprised as I should be. But I was surprised about something: those abs in person. He didn`t even have a one pack before!

Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah yeah yeah~” They weren`t 2PM, but I found myself singing and cheering the whole time through. I listened to this song nonstop the day it came out, so I think I got all the words down.

Baby, you know I`m proud of you right?

 

While I was scrambling my way out of the studio, I found myself separated from Hyojin. “Aish.. where the heck is that girl?” I went outside the building, hoping to find her waiting there. Sadly, she wasn`t there, so I went back inside the building. I walked around again. I almost felt like I was trespassing.

I sat down on some random bench in one of those empty hallways again. I got pretty frustrated. I had no idea where in the world Hyojin was.

I sighed heavily. “Aish, that girl..” I slightly closed my eyes, trying to get myself back together. Just then, I felt someone sit right next to me, but I didn`t bother to open my eyes.

I felt that person gently touch my shoulder. “Anything wrong?”

That voice. I immediately opened my eyes. He was there. His physical appearance was almost completely different, but there he was. “Joo-”

He smirked at me and interrupted my thoughts. “I know what`s wrong here,” he said.

I raised a brow at him. “And what is that?”

He pointed at the Chansung hoodie I was wearing. “You think he`s ier than all of this?” He shamelessly lifted his shirt up, much like how he does during performances.

I scoffed at him as I annoyingly made him put his shirt down. “And what if I do?”

He stood up and gasped. “But I thought you only loved me??”

I stood up too. I was surprised he`d even say that, but I didn`t show him that. “I see someone`s jealous.” I smirked at him.

He frowned at me. “What are you doing here anyway?”

“In Seoul? I have a-”

Before I knew it, he had to say goodbye. Celebrities really do have hectic schedules. He ran off to his dressing room, but before he shut the door, he shouted at me, telling me to meet him later at the Starbucks outside at seven. What the heck?

 

I sat alone, drinking my cup of coffee. I looked out the window as I looked through the people outside. “He probably ditched me..” I said under my breath.

Just then, I felt a hand take mine. “No he didn`t.” Before I knew it, we were in the nearby park, standing by a tree.

For a while, we stood silent. Again, I was about to say something, when his arms pulled me into a tight hug. It was so much like our last one..

“I missed you so much,” he said.

I hugged him back. “I missed you too.”

We savored the moment we both have been waiting for all these years. Finally, we`re back in each others` arms.

“Heeyeon, do you still love me?” he unexpectedly asked while we were still in the same position.

I chuckled at him. “I still love you, Joon. So much.”

“Good. That means I can still do this.” He inched his face away from mine before surprising me with a deep kiss.

 

We walked hand-in-hand around the park under the night sky. It`s as if nothing`s changed.

“I bet you only like Chansung `cause we have similar names,” he teased.

I stopped after hearing what he just said. I never really thought about it, but they do have similar names. I didn`t say anything, because I wasn`t sure myself.

“I knew it.”

We sat on the bench as we both wanted to gaze at the stars. “So this`ll be just like last time huh? Except this time, you`ll be the one leaving.” He lowered his head, tightening his grip on my hand.

I smiled, giving him a hug. “Sure, I`ll be leaving now in a few days,” I said. “But I`ll be back.”

He pulled away and looked at me. “Huh?”

I nodded, giving him a reassuring smile. “I`m transferring to a university here in Seoul.”

Before I knew it, I was caught yet again in one of his sweet kisses. I missed him. I love him. I`m glad we`re back like this.

“Let`s get cotton candy?” he suggested.

I agreed with a nod, but I ended up chuckling at him. “Joon, are you trying to relive our last date?”

 

You gave it away when you told me his name was ‘Lee Changsun.’ ^w^ You`re welcome~ - Hyojin


OHOHOHO. Sneaky Hyojin~

Ok. Now let me tell you a sad story. Once upon a time, I wrote this story. I had a paragraph or two left when my sister decided to invite me to play a game of Monopoly. Being the money person I am, I agreed. While I was having fun jacking other people`s fake money, my laptop decided to crash and throw my hard work into cyber trash. The end.

-________- I was so mad wth. I was supposed to update the same day I posted the last oneshot. OTL It was soooo good when I wrote it the first time. ;__; I hope this one reached to its level though.

Also, when I wrote this the first time, the plot was slightly different. Instead of them going to Seoul, MBLAQ had a concert in Busan. So yeah. Lol. Same story nonetheless. XD

K. Go check out http://kpopsweatbands.tumblr.com for discounted stuff~

Lol. I feel like one of those spam-y ads. But if you guise can help in spreading the word, I`ll love you all forever. ;____;

Teehee.