Lost

Although You Didn't Know

 

Ji Eun rushed back to Seoul as fast as she could.She darted out from Yongguk’s car just as soon as his car skidded to stop in front of the Seoul Hospital.Daehyun followed her closely behind while the others went to park the car.

Ji Eun ran to the emergency department to find her trembling mother on the waiting chair with Ji Sung crying loudly.”Umma,how’s appa!”,she grabbed her mother’s shoulder.Her mother sobbed and titled her head to meet her eyes.Ji Eun fell back.From her mother’s eyes,she knew it wasn’t a good news.Daehyun wrapped his arms around her to keep her balance.

“Please,let him be safe,please”,Mrs.Lee prayed between her sobs.She hugged Ji Sung to her chest and both of them cried along.

Daehyun guided Ji Eun to one of the chairs and sat her down.”Oppa,what am I suppose to do?”,she cried.”Shh..ahbunim is a strong man.I am sure he can make it.Dont cry,baby”,Daehyun whispered and took her into his arms immediately.

“How is it?”,the other BAP boys came later.Daehyun shook his head at them and pointed to the operation room sign that was still lighting.They sighed and sat down beside Daehyun.”Its okay,Ji Eun nonna.Your appa is going to be fine”,Zelo comforted.He didn’t feel good at all to see Ji Eun crying even though she didn’t treat him well.

“Mrs.Lee,hows Mr.Lee?”,Sunggyu ran over to her.The Infinite boys had just finished giving their testimonial to the policeman.They were the witnesses of the accident after all.

Yongguk perked his head up when he noticed the familiar voice.His eyebrows pinched together when he realised who it was.*What is he doing here*.

Woohyun went over to join Sunggyu when he saw the BAP boys sitting opposite Mrs.Lee.His eyes immediately went over  to the crying Ji Eun in Daehyun’s arms.*Ji Eun?What is she doing here?Why is she..crying..?*.His heart hurt when he saw her tears rolling down her cheeks continuously.

The light from the sign went off and Ji Eun stood up from her seat.The doctor came out from the room along with few nurses.”How is my husband,doctor?”,Mrs.Lee desperately asked.

The doctor took the mask off from his face and lowered his head sadly.”I am sorry,Mrs Lee.I tried my best.But the injury in his brain was too much.He..didnt make it.I am sorry”,the doctor bowed and walked away.Mrs.Lee dropped to the ground immediately after hearing the news.”He isn’t gone yes right?”,she tried to convince herself.”Mrs.Lee”,Sunggyu bent down.”My condolences”,he whispered.

“APPA!APPA!”,Ji Eun shouted and tried to rush into the operation room,but luckily,Daehyun was holding onto her.Woohyun’s heart cringed in sadness.*It was..her father..?*.

--

The funeral days were like hell to the Lee family.Many people came to give their condolence including the Infinite and BAP boys.

Mrs.Lee remained expressionless as she sat down beside Mr.Lee’s coffin.She still couldn’t accept the fact that he was gone from her life,forever.Ji Eun on the other side wasn’t doing exactly good as well.She hadn’t slept and eaten for days.The lost of the most important man in her life was bringing her too much of negative impact.

“Ji Eun,eat some of this,please”,Daehyun begged.Ji Eun shook her head and just kept looking at her father’s picture.Her face was already wet with all those tears that kept flowing down from her eyes and she looked extremely terrible.Daehyun tried to convince her a few more times but she just kept rejecting.He sighed dejectedly.”If you are not eating,I am not eating too”,he whispered.That sentences finally caught her attention.

“Oppa,you must eat”,she softly spoke. felt dry and her voice can barely be heard.”Not unless you eat too”,Daehyun gently wiped her tears away with his thumb.Ji Eun looked at Daehyun and her eyes softened.Without another sentence,she shoved a spoon of the porridge into .”Good girl”,Daehyun lightly pecked her cheeks.

Woohyun was watching from one hidden corner.He unknowingly came to the funeral everyday just to check on her.His didn’t exactly know why this girl attracted him this much.A smile crept on his lips when he saw her eating.*She is finally eating*.

As time flew by,the funeral came to an end.People paid Mr.Lee their last respect before he was buried deep down the ground.Mrs.Lee had gained her senses back when she realized she couldn’t be this weak when she was the one who will be taking care of her family now.

Ji Eun,Mrs.Lee and Ji Sung went back to their bungalow after the funeral.”Rest well,okay?”,Mrs.Lee looked at both her children with a motherly smile.That’s what she could at least do.Ji Sung nodded and one of the maid took him into his room.

Just when  Ji Eun was about to go upstairs too,a guest came.It was the policeman.”Mrs.Lee,I hope I am not disturbing”,one of the policeman greeted.”Ah,no,please come in”.

Curiousity grew in Ji Eun’s heart.Why would the policeman came to look for her mother?She tried to eavesdrop the conversation from the stairs.

“What brings you here today?”,Mrs.Lee asked.”Oh well,you see,Mrs.Lee.We have some news”,he replied.”What is it?”.

“We investigated on Mr.Lee’s accident,and it turn out,it wasn’t an accident.It was a murder”,the police said.”What?!”,Mrs.Lee gasped and her cup of tea dropped to the ground.Ji Eun cupped to hide her shock as well.

“I don’t know whether you know about this,but Mr.Lee has been involved in some illegal business.He had been shipping tans of drugs from other country to Korea for the past few years.And it turns out that,when he was about to stop this act,one of his business partner decided to plan this accident to kill him because of his anger.They were gaining lots of profit from this business and if Mr.Lee stopped,they would lose a lot from it”,he explained.

*Appa has been dealing with drugs?!*.”We have caught him at the airport when he tried running away yesterday.He had admitted all this himself apparently”.

“Its impossible my husband would do this!He was a decent man and,and-“,Mrs.Lee couldn’t continue.”I am sorry,but this was what we found out.And,there is one more thing.We believe all this wealth and money Mr.Lee got was made from the drugs dealing business.We are afraid that we must consficate everything,including the house”.

“Oh my god”,Mrs.Lee was about to faint.What news can be any worst?Losing her husband,house and money in just a few days time.”We will be giving you a week time to move out.I am really sorry.We have to go”,the policeman bowed and exited the house.

Ji Eun had her back rested on the wall with her breathing very hard.*I can’t believe all of this.What is going to happen now?*.

 

-End-