Neighbours

Although You Didn't Know

 

“Stupid,stupid Jung Daehyun”,Ji Eun sobbed and wiped her tears away with the back of her palms.She had been crying ever since recess and hadn’t return to class even though recess had long passed.

And the particular someone who had been following her after witnessing the hurtful scene that happened to her,hid himself at the side while watching her silently.*When is she going to stop crying?*,Woohyun thought,sighing.

Woohyun observed her for a very long time before approaching her with his handkerchief tightly clenched in his fist.*I don’t know why I kept approaching her although she obviously didn’t like my appearance*.

Ji Eun was dull enough not to notice Woohyun’s purposefull heavy footsteps until she saw his shoes in front of her.She looked up from the ground and turned her face away as soon as she saw who it was.

“Why are you here?Go away”,she murmured,hiding her now red and swollen eyes.At least,she still had the conscious to make herself look good in front of people.

“Here,don’t wipe it with your hands”,Woohyun smiled at her warmly and handed her his handkerchief.

And as though as miracle happened,Ji Eun felt her heart grew touched at his concern a little for the first time.She could feel the sincerity behind his smile and his big nerdy glasses.But,her arrogance didn’t made her give in.

“I don’t need that.Its filthy”,she sniffled and pushed his hands away.Woohyun cleared his throat and awkwardly put the handkerchief back into his pocket.”Well,you should get back to class you know.Ms.Park wont be happy to know that you have been skipping her class by sitting here”,he said.

“Well,that goes the same to you”,Ji Eun abruptly stood up and ran away before Woohyun could ask her anymore question.

Woohyun stared at her running back and suddenly,a smile crept on his lips.He didn’t know why either.Eventhough she hadn’t treat him better,but he could feel a tinge of warmness in her tone.

--

School ended awfully for Ji Eun.She was physically tired,but was more to mentally tired for she heard insults thrown to her everywhere she goes.

She packed her things into the locker and walked to the school entrance.She saw the other students going into their car driven by their chauffeur like what she always did last time.Together,with Daehyun.

But what she could do now was to take a bus.Her mother had told her the new address where their new house would be for her mother and brother will be going to the new house beforehand.

She stared at the address and sighed.”What kind of place is this?I didn’t even heard of this place before”,she mumbled and sat herself on the bus stop.

After much difficulties,she finally managed to find the bus that would lead her to her new house.”I hope its not some weird,shabby house”,she sighed for the umpteenth times.

After a long bus ride which made her knocked her own head,getting off at the wrong stop and almost tripped someone,she finally reached the place.”What the..”,she gasped as she looked around her surrounding.

Her new neighbourhood wasn’t like her older ones,with grand entrance and beautifully decorated park.There wasn’t even an entrance in the new one,and the houses there were all obviously old and some of the houses’ paint even came off.The pathway leading to each houses were almost invisible and there were a big wastage place that cause awful smell lingering around the area permanently.

Ji Eun started to look for the address in the small paper she had with her non stop complains coming out from .When she finally saw a silhouette that was similar to her mum,she stopped.”Omma!”,she called.

“Oh!Ji Eun ah!You found the place!How lucky you are.We just arrived not long because me and Ji Sung couldn’t find the place earlier”,Mrs.Lee giggled and put down the box she was carrying earlier.

Ji Eun softened when she saw those sweats that were dripping down from her mother’s chin.”Why are we staying here?And why didn’t you hire people to move all these boxes?”,she wiped the sweats from her mother’s cheek and looked at the boxes outside her new house.

“We can’t afford to waste money,girl.We..need to save as much as we can now”,her mother looked at her with her sad eyes.Before Ji Eun could reply to her question,Ji Sung’s loud scream interrupted her.”OMMAA!!THERE IS A COCKROACH HERE!”,he screamed out,a little bit too loud.

“Oh dear,I better check out your brother”,Mrs.Lee patted Ji Eun’s shoulder and ran to check on Ji Sung.

Ji Eun sighed once again after looking at those boxes outside her house.She put her school bag to the side and pulled her sleeves up to her arms.Then,she lifted one of the box in her arms.*What is in there!Its so heavy!*,she thought.

And of course,her small,petite body couldn’t withstand the weight.She barely walked a step but still tried to stabalize herself with the weight in her hands.”Omo!”,she shrieked when she noticed herself losing her balance.

*I’m gonna fall!*,she squeezed her eyes shut.Suddenly,a pair of manly arms wrapped around the box from the front,successfully preventing her to fall to the rough ground.”Careful there”,her saviour said.

*Wait,why does this voice sounds so familiar*,she peeked from her side of the box.When she saw the nerdy glasses and the smile on his lips,she knew who it was.

 

-END-

I am sorry for not updating soooo long!I am very busy with my work lately,but trust me!I will update as soon as I have time.T.T.Sorry once again.