Job

Although You Didn't Know

 

She looked out from the bus window and rested her chin on her palm.”What is that…seriously?”,she mumbled.The scene kept replaying in her mind and Woohyun’s eyes seemed to always find his ways into her thoughts.She hated to admit this fact,but his eyes were the most sincere,warm eyes she had seen before.Even Daehyun’s eyes weren’t that mesmerizing.

“Aish!”,she quickly shook her head and hit her head,a little bit too hard.”Ouchhh”,she whined and pouted.”Does it hurt..?”,a hand reached out and softly rubbed on her sore part.

Ji Eun immediately flinched at the warm touch and her heart skipped a beat as a reaction to the touch.”Wha-“,she turned towards the owner of the hand and let out a soft gasp.”What are you doing here?”,she frowned.Woohyun.

“I..I am suppose to take this bus back to my home too..”,Woohyun bit his lips.*Ah,right.I forgotten he is my neighbour now*.Ji Eun just shrugged as a reply.Unknowingly,the scene from earlier gone into her mind again.She caught her eyes finding her way towards his eyes behind the spectacles.*What are you doing again?!*,she hit her head one more time and ended up wincing again.

“Do you have the fond to make yourself hurt?”,Woohyun found the sudden urge to .Ji Eun glared at him and Woohyun quickly looked away.*Wrong move,Woohyun.Wrong move*.

The rest of the journey back home was filled with awkward silent.Woohyun couldn’t find himself starting a conversation no matter how much he wanted to.Truthfully,the incident earlier did affected him.Alot.His heart felt like thumping out from his chest whenever he sees Ji Eun,don’t mention about seeing her so close up.*I shouldn’t have this kind of feeling.It will never be returned*,Woohyun sighed dejectedly.

The bus skidded to a smooth stop at their neighbourhood bus stop.Ji Eun grabbed her backpack and immediately exited the bus.Woohyun followed behind.

Ji Eun stuck an earphone into her ear and on the music in her Ipad.She remembered that moment where Woohyun put an earphone into her ear to stop herself from being hurt because of people’s gossips.A soft smile crept onto her lips..She then started to hum along with the song,not knowing Woohyun was following behind,very closely.”Nothing’s over,nothing’s over…”,she sang.

Woohyun couldn’t help but smile.Her voice was like a melody to his ear and he started to fasten his pace to listen to her voice clearer.”I am sorry,real sorry”,Mrs.Lee apologetic voice broke Ji Eun’s voice off.

Ji Eun took her headphone out and jerked her head towards her mother’s voice.”I will pay for it as fast as I could”,Mrs.Lee bowed at the man standing infront of their house.”You better pay faster,or I afraid I would need to stop renting this house to you”,the man said and took his leave.

“Omma,what’s wrong?”,Ji Eun asked.Mrs.Lee bit her lips in guilty.How can she tell her own daughter that she didn’t have the money to pay the rent and they are almost going to be homeless?”I heard that ahjussi said something about rent.We didn’t pay the rent for this home yet?”,her face slightly cringed when she looked at her shabby home.Mrs Lee slowly shook her head.

“We don’t have enough money”,Mrs Lee mumbled.Ji Eun frowned and was about to ask her why when she noticed Woohyun staring and listening from his home.Woohyun quickly looked away and pretend to look for his keys.”Let’s talk inside”.

 

--

“Why didn’t you tell me you don’t have sufficient money?”,Ji Eun asked,flustered.”I..I don’t want you to be worry”,Mrs.Lee whipered.”Isnt this the same as making me worry now?”,Ji Eun fought back,a little too rudely.”What are we suppose to do now?”.

“I can look for a job.A dishwasher,a maid,anything”,Mrs.Lee tried to convince.”No,at your age,omma,do you think anyone would hire you?”,Ji Eun sighed.Mrs.Lee bite back her words and remained quiet as she agreed with Ji Eun.

After much consideration,Ji Eun came out with one decision that no one would have believe she would had said a few months ago.”I will look for a part time job”.

--

Ji Eun munched on her bread and flipped through the newspaper while circling any possible job position she could take.After that,she tried calling but none had agreed to hire her.Because of her father’s ruined reputation,she was rejected.

“What should I do?”,she ruffled her bangs and sighed in defeat.Woohyun who was sitting not far away from her started to scoot a bit closer to her when he noticed her looking something in the newspaper.*Is she looking for a job?*.

Woohyun tried to hear what she was mumbling to herself.”YAH!”,Ji Eun suddenly shouted.Woohyun jumped on his seat and his bread dropped to the ground.”Oh god,my lunch”,he groaned.

“Why are you coming nearer to me?”,Ji Eun pushed his shoulder away.Without him noticing,he had scoot too near to her without him himself realising.”Ahahaha”,Woohyun rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

Ji Eun ignored him and continued looking for a job.”What are you looking for?”,Woohyun blurted the question he had been wandering after seeing her looking at the newspaper.

“None of your business”,she huffed and nibbled on her bread.Woohyun shrugged.He then noticed her circling on the paper and he knew too much that she was obviously looking for a job.

Ji Eun turned away from him and tried to call another company to ask for job enquiry.After hearing her name,the person engaged the call and Ji Eun sighed.”Another failure”,she muttered.

“You looking for a job?”,Woohyun asked and took another peek at her paper.”Can’t you see?”,she asked,annoyed.But it wasn’t because of Woohyun.”I..I can help you find for a job”,Woohyun suggested,his mind already having the thought of the place he would find for her.

 

-END-