Guardian Angel

Although You Didn't Know

Ji Eun shuffled closer into Woohyun’s chest and pulled him closer to her.Woohyun’s body jerked forward and there wasn’t particularly any space left between him and Ji Eun.Woohyun felt heat creeping up from his neck and the funny thing was,he was supposed to feel cold because he was sick.Just a moment ago before Ji Eun came,he thought he would die of coldness.

Just like the first time,Woohyun didn’t know what to do.His arms were left hanging in the air as he seriously considering whether he should just let his arms limp on his side or return her hug passionately.*I missed you so much*,those 5 letters replayed in his mind over and over again and Woohyun found himself smiling sillyly.*She misses me!!She seriously missed me!!*,he cheered in his mind.

“Hmm”,Ji Eun was feeling so comfortable that she didn’t even realise what she was doing.When Woohyun had finally decided to circle his arms around her waist,Ji Eun pulled away when she felt the heat of his hands on her waist.”Oh my god”,her palm when over to to cover her loud gasp.That was when she finally realised what she had done.

Woohyun was left confused standing at the door,his hands were hanging halfway in an awkward position.The warmth from her body left his and Woohyun felt cold once again.His lips were trembling and his body was shivering as the wind blew past.”What have I done?”,Ji Eun hit her head repeatedly.She just remembered she said she missed him so much.She just remembered she initiated a hug.What had he done to her?

Ji Eun’s cheeks were red and her heart was threatening to jump out from her chest for its hard,fast beat.She bit her nails nervously,not knowing what to do.How could she explained to him?*Tell him you love him.Tell him you missed him because he wasn’t in school with you today*,something voiced at the back of her mind.*What?!I don’t love him!And I didn’t miss him!*,she fought back.

“ACHOO!!!”,the loud sneeze that came from the person in front of her made her looked up from the ground.Woohyun’s eyes were drowsy and it seemed that his nose gotten even redder.He was obviously cold and Ji Eun had the urge to lunge towards him again to give him the warmth of her body.But of course,she had enough conscious now not to do something she assumed stupid again.

“Are you okay?”,she stepped a step forward to take a better look at him.”Yeah,yea-ACHOO!”,he sneezed again.Ji Eun laughed when she saw him wrinkling his nose cutely.”Do you mind coming in if you want to talk more?I am afraid I would freeze to death out here”,Woohyun shivered.

Ji Eun contemplated for a moment before her feet just decided to move forward.Her brain was considering Woohyun’s invitation but it seemed that her heart had already agreed to it.Woohyun stepped into the house to let Ji Eun in when he saw her taking out her shoes.

Ji Eun walked into the small yet cozy house as Woohyun closed the door behind them.”Have a seat”,Woohyun gestured her towards a small cushion on the floor.She nodded and watched Woohyun went into the kitchen that was just right next to them to get her some drink.

She looked around the house and realised every corner of the house was filled with Woohyun.From pictures to books to his belongings,everything in the house just seemed warm with small,little touches of his mother added into it.Mrs Nam was a warm,friendly looking woman although she did look a little bit exhausted from all the hardship she had to suffer for bringing up Woohyun alone.She can just see how much the mother and son loved each other just by looking at their home.

Curiousity filled her when she realised there wasn’t anything about his father.Woohyun rarely talked much about himself and most of the time,she was the one doing all the talking and him doing all her request and favour from her.Now,she really felt bad.

“I hope you like tea.That’s the only drink I have in my house”,Woohyun came back and placed two cups of tea on the mat.”It’s okay.I like tea”,she stared at him with a smile.Woohyun almost melted at her smile.

“Why did you look for me today?”,Woohyun took a sip of the hot tea and felt himself grew warmer.”You didn’t come to school today”,she replied.”So..you missed me?”,he chuckled.”NO!”,she blurted,her eyes wide.”I obviously heard you saying that you miss me”,he lowered his head and spun his cup around in his palms.”No I didn’t.You were sick so you were imagining stuff”,she mumbled.”Alright,alright,whatever you say.I will always let you win”,he patted her bangs which immediately made Ji  Eun softened at his touch.

“How’s your leg doing?”,he gestured towards her bandaged leg.”Don’t worry about me.I am fine.You?”,she asked.”Nah..just a little cold.I didn’t change my clothes yesterday after I get wet in the stream till you were brought to the hospital.I guess maybe that’s the reason why I got the cold”,he laughed.Ji  Eun grew silent at his statement.*He fell sick because of me..?*.

“Hey,hey!Dont get the wrong idea.I wasn’t blaming you.I was just..argh.Please don’t get the wrong idea”,Woohyun quickly shook his head when he saw the changes in her expression.Ji Eun looked away from him as her heart filled with guilt.If she just didn’t be so careless to drop in the stream,Woohyun wouldn’t jump in to save her.Then,he wouldn’t get sick till he had to skip school for the first time in his life.”Look”,Woohyun placed his palm on top of hers.”It’s not a big deal that I skipped school today.It’s my first time so it won’t affect my studies at all aside from not getting the full attendance certificate”,Woohyun chuckled.

Ji Eun stared at his palm that was on her hand and her heartbeat started to go wild.She liked the warmth of his hand on hers and she liked how his hand seemed to fit hers.Suddenly,she heard some grumbling sound.She looked to her right and left but realised it didn’t came from either way.Then,she saw Woohyun scratching his slightly flushed cheeks with a shy smile.

“I didn’t eat anything since the morning as I was sneezing too much to cook”,he murmured.”I can cook for you”,those words just came out from Ji Eun’s mouth voluntary.She can’t even cook.Why the hell she sprout those words?”You could?”,Woohyun’s eyes enlarged through those glasses he was wearing.

*There is no way back now.I have to cook for him already.Why did you say those words,Lee Ji Eun!?*,Ji  Eun mentally scolded herself as she gave him a hard,awkward agreeing smile.

Reluctanly,she followed after Woohyun to the kitchen as he showed her the things and utensils she would need to cook.She listened to his explaination half- heartedly,not knowing what she should actually cook when she knew no recipe.”I shall expect a good lunch”,Woohyun grinned at her.”Don’t expect too much”,she muttered,luckily not loud enough for Woohyun to hear.

She stared at the ladle,pot and seasonings Woohyun had took out for her.The easiest thing she could think of was porridge since Woohyun is sick and is the simplest food.She used every single knowledge she knew about cooking to make a bowl of porridge.

*My god,I didn’t know making a porridge is so hard*,she wiped the sweats from her forehead and stared at the bowl of gluey,sticky food.”I think I did a great job!”,she complimented herself although that bowl of porridge didn’t even look eatable with its weird brown looking substance.

“Here,perfect and delicious!”,she placed the bowl and a small plate of kimchi on the small table.Woohyun looked at the bowl on the table and then Ji Eun’s face.She was grinning at him as though she had done a very good job.”Go on,take a bite.I bet it taste great.Even I am drooling here”,her eyes were twinkling with expectation.

Woohyun felt himself swallowing hard when he realised he would have to finish the whole bowl.He picked up the metal spoon on the table and dipped it into the porridge.He scooped up a spoonful of the sticky porridge and put it in his mouth without a second thought.The awful taste started to overwhelm his taste bud and he naturally cringed.He hoped Ji Eun wouldn’t notice.

“How is it?Does it taste heavenly?”,she leaned forward expectantly with a cheerful beam.Woohyun looked at her face and then her bandaged leg.How could he have the heart to break her eagerness although he was now feeling pretty bad after tasting the porridge?”Yeap,it’s awesome”,he forced out a smile and stuffed in another spoonful.

“Yay!I knew it!I am talented!”,she clapped her hands in glee.Woohyun saw how happy she was and he immediately knew he did a right choice in praising her.Woohyun finished up the whole bowl and Ji Eun clapped even louder.”Eat your medicine.I will be right back after I wash the bowls”,she put the tablets on the table and went into the kitchen excitedly.”Wait,you don’t have to clean-“,Woohyun didn’t have the chance to finish his words as she had already disappeared into the kitchen.

Ji Eun hummed as she cleaned the kitchen.She didn’t know why she was so happy with just a simple compliment from Woohyun.It seemed like as long as its something from Woohyun,she would feel like soaring into the sky.She wiped the last bowl dry and put it back into the orginal place.

She limped back towards the living room to find Woohyun sleeping soundly on the mat.*It must be the medicine*.She softened and walked towards him,grabbing the blanket on the chair in process.She draped it over Woohyun’s body and a satisfied smile took over her face when she know he is warm.

Ji  Eun then bent down to watch his face closer.He still has his glasses on and his lips were slightly parted,showing he was already deeply asleep.She carefully took the glasses away from his eyes and placed it on the table as softly as possible.

The without glasses Woohyun made her stared at his face as though she was mesmerized.*He looked so serene and peaceful.Not to add on…cute and handsome*,she found herself reaching out her fingers as she traced his face figures slowly.His long eyelashes,his high nose,his plump,red lips,his manly jaw lines,everything seemed to have been covered up by the glasses.She unconsciously leaned even closer and pressed her lips gently on his forehead.”Sleep well,my guardian angel”,she whispered before leaning back with a smile.rdian 

 

-END-

Comments,people!:D