Summer Vacation

Although You Didn't Know

Right after the school bell rang,the students in the class stood up from their seats and started cheering out loud.”It’s summer vacation!!!”,that one remark was passed on around the school with happy,excited squeals.

It had exactly been a week ever since Woohyun got sick.Ji Eun took out her crutch few days after that and she was now free to walk again.The two grew more comfortable around each other,not to mention more cautious and shy for each feelings and emotions.

Ji Eun stood up after most of the students in her class left.She slung her backpack around her shoulders and went straight to her locker to grab all her things before heading back home.

*Knock knock*,someone knocked on the door of Ji Eun’s locker.Ji Eun shouldn’t have known who it was since his face was covered by the door but she knew.She recognize the pair of familiar old sneakers standing on the ground and the soapy scent she got used to smell so much.

“Woohyun!”,she laughed.She was just happy to see him there and her heart erupted in pure happiness when his face came to his view.Woohyun pushed his glasses up his nose and smile.”Excited for our holiday trip?”.”Hell yeah”,Ji Eun grinned and locked her locker.

Just a few days ago when both of them returned to work as a band with the Infinite boys,the group somehow came to a decision to spend their first week of summer holiday in the beach before coming back to work full time.The Infinite boys were more than willing to let Ji Eun come along when Woohyun asked whether she could tag along.Anyhow,she had became a part of their group now.

“Do you want to go the bus stop together tomorrow?I can pick you up at your house”,Woohyun offered and took her backpack from her shoulders without asking.It had quite became a habit now that Woohyun would be the one carrying her backpack.Ji Eun had refused to do so for a few time but Woohyun’s persistence won.

“Do you even have to ask?”,she raised a brow at him jokingly.Woohyun blinked at her question and then smiled after that.He just knew that was a ‘yes’ from her.

--

Morning came and Ji Eun woke up even before the sun rise.She was so happy and excited that she was going to a trip with  Woohyun that she couldn’t sleep.Her eyes were fixed at the clock as it ticked slowly.When it felt like forever,Ji Eun brightened when she saw the needle strike 9.”Yes,its 9!Woohyun is here!!”,she grabbed all her luggage and put a shades on her head.

“Bye umma!I will be back in 3 days!”,she kissed Mrs.Lee cheek.”Bye,kiddo!Take care of mum when I am not here!”,she patted Ji Sung’s head and dashed to the door.Ji Sung pushed her hands away and gave her an annoyed look.But when Ji Eun disappeared through the door,his lips quirked into a small smile.He was glad that his sister really looked like a sister now.

Just like she expected,Woohyun was standing outside in his beach pants and white T-shirt.He greeted her a simple good morning with a wave.His eyes secretly scanned Ji Eun up and down and he couldn’t deny she looked extremely gorgeous in her pink shorts that revealed her never ending,milky legs.”Good morning,let’s go!”,Ji  Eun’s arm slightly brushed through his,sending electrifying feelings into his skins.

“Ah-neh”,he lunged forward when Ji Eun pulled his arms forward.He stared at her hand that was wrapped around his arm.If she could just hold him forever like that,Woohyun would never feel any regret in his life anymore.

--

The Infinite boys were supposed to meet them at the Gangwon-do beach since they will be going early to complete their accommodation procedure and planned their trip activities.

“Where are they?”,Woohyun looked around his foreign surrounding as Ji Eun fanned herself with a paper fan.The weather was extra hot that day as the sun was shining so brightly in the sky.”They said they will meet with us here at 12pm”,Woohyun sighed and sat down on the wooden couch.The chalet lobby was starting to fill with people but there still wasn’t any sign of the Infinite boys.

“You okay?”,Woohyun passed Ji Eun a bottle of water.”Yeah,it’s just the weather is a little bit too hot”,her cheeks were flushed.”The beach look so beautiful”,Ji Eun nodded towards the beach that was quite far from their view.The white cloud was floating gracefully in the blue sky as the sea waves hit the shore in synch.”Yeah,its definitely a picture”,a soft breeze blew passed Woohyun’s hair.

“GUYSSSS!!!RIGHT HERE!I SAW THEM!!”,Sungjong loud voice broke the calmness and both of them snapped their heads towards the voice.”Oh,hyung!”,Woohyun beamed when he saw Sunggyu waving at them.Ji Eun just smiled and nodded as the boys approached them.

“You made it!”,Sungyeol slung an arm around Woohyun’s shoulder.”I told you I would”,Woohyun bumped his shoulder with his and laughed.”Of course he would come.Infinite would be incomplete without its main singer”,Dongwoo grinned.

“Oh,hi Ji Eun”,Sungyeol waved cutely.”Hello”,Ji Eun waved back.”Stop disturbing me,you idiot oppa!!!”,a girlish,annoyed voice made Ji Eun looked at the back of Sungyeol.”Jooyeon,would you just accept to go on a date with me at the back later?Pretttyyy please?We could collect seashells and I can make seashell necklace for yo-“,Hoya’s mouth was covered by Myungsoo’s palm before he could finish.

“I heard my sister yelling about you again,hyung”,Myungsoo said into Hoya ears.”Hmmpsfhsk”,Hoya tried to speak but his voice was muffled.Jooyeon just laughed out,like really really loud when she saw the scene in front of her.She was always the one who would never hide her feelings and a straightforward girl.

“L,Hoya.Woohyun and Ji Eun are here”,Sunggyu frowned at their playfulness that was shown in the public.There were already several people who stared at them weirdly for their loudness.”Oh,hello”,Myungsoo just gave them a brief smile before continued straggling Hoya.”Can-t bre-ath”,Hoya chocked.

Ji Eun shifted her eyes from the two boys to the girl she didn’t know.The girl was now staring at her in a way that Ji Eun didn’t like.She had her arms crossed and there was a slight frown in between her brows.”Oh,let me introduce”,Dongwoo noticed the girls intense stares.”This is Myungsoo’s sister,Kim Jooyeon.This is Woohyun’s friend and one of our lead singer in our band,Lee Ji Eun”,he proudly introduced both of them.

Ji Eun took the initiative to hold out  her hands for a handshake as of their first meeting.”Nice meeting you.As Dongwoo oppa had mentioned just now,I am Lee Ji Eun”,she smiled and tucked a strand of her dangling hair to the back of her ear with her free hand.But,Jooyeon didn’t do the same.Instead,she just stared at her like how she did just now without an intention to return her handshake.

“Jooyeon”,Sungyeol lightly pushed her shoulder when he saw she gave no respond.”What’s wrong,Yeon?You know its impolite for you to keep quiet like that”,Sunggyu chided.

Ji Eun’s hands slowly retreated back to her original position.*What the heck is her problem?*.Woohyun looked at her worriedly.She was all smile and good mood just now.Why would Jooyeon make her frown now?“I don’t like her”,Jooyeon’s lips spelled out the 4 words,leaving the Infinite boys and Ji Eun shocked at her answer.

 

-END-

Comments~~~!!!