Jealous feelings? Where are they coming from...

Dancing Among Wolves

 

They left and Kangin left to show them out. Leeteuk asked if there was anything that I wanted to do. “I’m just gonna take a nap if that’s alright.”

“Of course” he said and he also left, closing the door behind him. And wouldn’t you know it with as tired as I was I wasn’t able to fall asleep. I pulled my phone out of my pocket -when did it get there? It was probably L- wow so many messages…

Suddenly I was receiving a video call from Dongwoo “Noona! –give me back my phone!”

 I was met by the faces of P.O, SungJong and Dongho and at the moment I was trying to hold in a fit of giggles that were threatening to spill out. “Why are you on Dongwoo’s phone and why is Dongho with you?”

“Because he was going to call you and not let us talk to you and Dongho slept over last night.”

“I see, how are you guys?” We talked for about an hour and I was a bit impressed that they managed to keep the phone away from Dongwoo.

There was a knock on the door when I was putting my boots back on, two of the guys walked in “You’re Kyuhyun and Kibum right?”

They nodded “Everyone is getting ready to watch a movie if you wanted to join us.”

 I followed them out to the living room and found a spot on the floor. Feeling eyes on me I looked around to see that almost everyone was looking at me. “What?”

“Everyone is curious how you knew most of their names” a voice said next to my ear making me jump. I turned and saw Yesung sitting behind me. He gave me an apologetic look.

“Um Zico told me at the beginning of the dance battle and I heard Zhou Mi’s name on the roof from Eli. Then Kangin and Leeteuk pretty much introduced themselves. I’ve got a pretty good memory” I said shrugging as if it was nothing.

Curiosity satisfied they started the movie and my eyes grew heavy.

Next thing I knew I was being woken up for dinner. Still drunk with sleepiness someone carried me to the table. Leeteuk asked if I had taken a nap earlier. I shook my head and explained what happened earlier. All through out dinner I felt like I was being watched.

When I couldn’t take it anymore I asked to be excused. I got up to go to my room but stumbled and someone caught me. It was Henry. Ignoring my protests that I could walk, he carried me back to my room. On the way I was hit by a wave of jealousy. But… it wasn’t my feelings it was someone else….

***

The next morning I was going to change but remembered that I didn’t have my clothes yet, so instead I made my way out to join the rest for breakfast. Things were slowing down when I chose to speak up “Um would anyone have a button down shirt preferably dark or darkish in color and a bowtie or tie that I could borrow today?” everyone just stared at me.

That is until Heechul broke the silence “You look to be about Wookie’s size” he said and signaled Hangeng who picked me up ignoring my protest and followed Heechul into what I assumed was Ryeowook’s room.

Heechul started going through the closet pulling out a blue gray shirt, a dark cranberry colored tie, and a burgundy colored bowtie and handing them to me. “I want to see what your outfit is going to look like.”

Hangeng was about to carry me again but I put a stop to that as my room was right across the hall and I could walk that far on my own. I changed back into my shorts with the suspenders from the dance battle, put the shirt on along with my boots and thankfully the cap I had worked with everything, though I had trouble deciding on which tie to wear so I made my way back to the other room.

Heechul snapped his fingers “Vest” he turned to find one but quickly turned back “no tie?”

“I couldn’t decide so I wanted your opinion.”

He nodded “Vest first then we’ll figure that out.” He handed me a black vest which matched my shorts “Hm go with the tie” I did so and thanked them.

“It was all you kid minus the vest. You’ve got good taste” he laid an arm on my shoulders and we went back to the others. Everyone looked up and I was immediately hit by that wall of jealousy again and stiffened.

Heechul noticed and glanced around with a smirk before kissing my temple then immediately grabbed Hangeng’s hand after hearing low simultaneous growls and sitting on the couch laughing. “You shouldn’t do that Chul” I heard Hangeng reprimand him.

The door bell rang “Its open!” in walked Zico Hoya, and Minhyuk.

“You look great” Zico said hugging me “Who dressed you?” I knew he was just kidding around but I hit him anyway.

“I did thank you very much… well except for the vest. That was Heechul’s idea.”

After they greeted the others Zico and Hoya went back to the car for my stuff and Minhyuk held out a pair of crutches “We thought you might like to have these.”

“Yes! Oh my god thank you.”

He chuckled at my reaction “I take it you’re tired of being carried around?”

“How did you…”

“We would’ve done the same thing at home and you know it.”

Hoya and Zico came back in and I showed them where my room was. “Kangin invited us to stay for dinner so we’re here for the day.”

I looked at Hoya “I bet the maknes are none too happy about not being here.”

 “You’ve got that right but Dongwoo refused to let them come with since they took his phone last night.”

Zico gathered a few things and asked about a place to sit outside. The four of us sat under the big tree in the back. Zico pulled my hat off and took out a pair of scissors “HyunJoong said you needed a trim?” I nodded and he started.

“So anyone know what happened with Nichkhun yesterday?”

“Not everything but from what I understand it was mostly an apology from one leader to the other” Hoya explained.

“Done, I’d ask what you think but as there’s no mirror…” waving my hand I told him it was fine.

 “So what now?”

 Zico pulled my laptop out “I tweaked and added a few programs, figured it would give you something else to do while you’re ‘grounded’.”

“Those wouldn’t happen to be music programs would they?” I asked taking the laptop from him and he just grinned and pulled out a mic “Wanna try it out?”

“Hell yeah”

“So how do you wanna do this: adlib the whole thing or use lyrics you’ve written” he asked pulling my notebook out. Yes I write lyrics and stuff its kind of habit for the entire family.

“I say we wing it, but one of you will have to start it and it will be purely acapella” I said getting excited. I couldn’t wait to see how it would turn out it’s been far too long since we’ve done this.   

--

Either she knew that they were there and didn’t care or she hadn’t noticed yet that Eunhyuk and Zhou Mi were in the tree. They knew they had nothing to worry about since the guys surrounding her were her family. So no they weren’t out there being discreetly territorial they were out there because they felt like they need to be near her.

So they laid on their branches and listened as the group below them worked on their song. One started the back beats as another added harmony. A third started rapping and shortly after, she added her voice to the mix and it nearly lulled the two boys in the tree to sleep, her voice was so calm and peaceful.