The accident

Dancing Among Wolves

 

I had just gotten my breathing back under control when a hand reached down to pull me to my feet. “How long have you been in here?” Zico asked.

I shrugged thinking about it. “I’ve been in here since I got back this morning so a few hours at least”

I my lips and Zico tossed me a water while Hoya looked at his watch. “You’ve been dancing for six hours non stop. I’d say you’re done for a couple of hours.”

“Fine but I want to show you a bit of what I’ve been working on first.”

Walking back to the middle of the room I stood with my arms straight at my sides and let myself fall backwards, slamming my heel into the floor and pushing off into a flip and managed to land on my feet. Gaining a louder applause than expected I managed to step aside in time to avoid being plowed over. “Noona!”

 “Heheh how are ya Dongho?” I asked ruffling his hair.

We joined the rest “I thought Myungsoo and Sai were twins” Kiseop stated, Xander rolled his eyes “They are.”

“Then who is this?”

About half the guys opened their mouths to say something until I stepped forward. “Kiseop: Eli, Xander, Hoon, and Dongho have pretty much known since we met and by the looks of it Kibum and Soohyun found out somewhere down the line and Kevin and AJ when ya’ll walked in today. So why are you Sir the last to figure it out?”

I smirked “No” I nodded “Sai?”

“Bingo!”

“But you’re a girl”

“Very good smart one” Kibum poked his head.

“She didn’t want guys hitting on her at the clubs” Xander said “That and she’s like one of the biggest tomboys we know” everyone laughed.

“So I take it you guys aren’t upset that I didn’t tell you?”

“You had your reasons” Soohyun ruffled my hair. “Now that move you just did, have you been practicing that on your own?”

“Yeah, why?”

He pulled me in a headlock “I don’t care if you’re a were, you know better than to practice stuff like that without at least one other person around.”

“Okay, okay I get it! Will you let me go now?” I tried pulling his arm away.

“No, how many times have you cracked your head working on that move?”

“None”

“Good, keep it that way.”

Kiseop put his arm over my shoulder which was promptly removed by Zico “Sorry dude, about the only reason you found out today that Sai is a girl is because she is taken already.”

“What?! Sai’s a girl?” Everyone looked toward the door and I smiled “Woo you’ve known that.”

“I know I just felt like saying that” he shrugged. “By the way Nichkhun is-”

“Here” Nichkhun walked in behind Wooyoung “I need to talk to you about something.”

 “We should probably leave then” Eli suggested.

“It’s not like its classified information, you’re welcome to stay if you’d like” HyunJoong walked in with Sunggyu.

I sighed it must be a little serious at least since all five Alphas are here. “What is this about?” Sunggyu shook his head “We’re still waiting on two.”

 “Who?”

In bound two wolves who settled on either side of me and I let my fingers sink into their fir. “Do you remember the accident that took our parents?” I looked at Hoya “I remember hearing about it if that’s what you mean?”

 “The reason you don’t remember it is because you were in it. It was around the time of your birthday.” I turned my gaze to the floor.

“The reason we’re bringing this up is I found out how Taec caught a taste of your blood. He’s the one that pulled you from the wreck and handed you over to the paramedics. Him being the idiot that he can be at times his hands instead of washing them, which is what started his obsession with you.” Nichkhun paused and Eunhyuk and Zhou Mi growled. “Easy” I whispered and they stopped.

“Since he is apart of my clan I would like to apologize for letting things get to this point. You know I would never purposely put you in harms way” he bowed his head.

 “Nichkhun, please don’t do that. It’s not necessary to apologize to that extent. They may have broken my ankle but I wasn’t bitten and everything should be fine if he stays away from me.”

Eunhyuk was growling in my ear no longer in wolf form “How can you be so carefree about this?”

“Nichkhun is friends with my family and he is not the one at fault. I’m sorry if it seems like I’m completely carefree about this but I’m not I just prefer to place my anger where it’s due and to have it directed at Nichkhun right now would be pointless.” I looked around the group “Anyone have the time?”

“Just about 6:00” I glanced at HyunJoong who nodded “Y’all are welcome to hang around for dinner if you like. Now if you’ll excuse me, the shower is calling.”

***

 

Zhou Mi stopped Eunhyuk from following Sai out and pulled him over to the remaining Alphas “Can we talk to you?”

“Yeah sure lets go out back” They excused themselves from the rest of the group. “Does this have anything to do with Sai and her temperament or lack there of?” Sunggyu asked and they nodded and the Alphas nodded back in understanding.

“Sai isn’t one to be easily angered… let me rephrase that. She is easily angered however her mind is always working and she thinks things through before deciding if she will act on her anger or not. She picks her battles wisely” Hoya told them.

“Over all she generally keeps her emotions in check though she tends to keep a tighter grip on her anger than anything else. It’s the one emotion she refuses to let show through her body language. However if you know where to look you can see it in her eyes” Zico added.

“We used to think she purposely acted that way just to piss us off but that is truly how she is. We know you guys are still learning about each other. This is one thing you’ll have to get used to and I’d advise you not to act out her anger for her when she chooses not to act on it” Sunggyu suggested.

“What about that time with Mel? She pretty much snapped on the spot.” Eunhyuk questioned and HyunJoong leaned back “Ah that. That was something that had been brewing between those two for years and I hate to say this about my mate but that was a ridiculously stupid move on her part. She never should have messed with Sai’s things let alone step foot in her room” he smirked. “However I’m glad she did that. Things have gotten so much better within the pack since that happened.”

Zhou Mi grunted.

Sai had jumped on his back “You know you guys could’ve just asked me.” She addressed her mates.

Zico smirked “You know very well that you wouldn’t have told them.”

She shrugged in response “Yeah well you forgot to tell them two things. I don’t hold grudges and if I’m mad at you you’ll know.” She hopped down and Zhou Mi touched her hair “It’s still wet” he said frowning. “Just barely, it’s not like its dripping wet. Besides it would be dry by now if it was at its proper length.”

Zhou Mi put her over his shoulder “Where are you going” he didn’t answer her and kept walking so she cupped her hands around and shouted to the others “YoungSaeng said it was time to eat!”

They started for the house as Zhou Mi passed through the door. Everyone started laughing as the pair passed by the dining room.

 “What did you do now?” Kyung questioned.

“Absolutely nothing” she said waving. Zhou Mi set her down once they reached the bathroom and pulled out a blow dryer and a comb. “I figured you’d prefer this to towel drying” he explained as he started on her hair.